Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

This Raticate has to be a sort-of preparation card for his BREAK, a hard hitter if the Defending Pokémon has a special condition?

All the cards that are released have cool artwork so far :p
I wonder wich Pokémon card wil BREAK the chain

this raticate seems like the sort of card which would have delta evolution... have ancient traits just completely stopped already? o__O i thought they were going to make it much more of a thing, and i kinda wish it was considering garbodor is coming back to ruin the tcg (im just waiting for the S-Booster ACESPEC card for Seismitoad EX- 200 damage for 2 energy discards, and prevents the opponent from playing item cards the next turn)

Very appropriate pun given how uninteresting all of the BREAK Pokémon art has been. :p

The art the i love the most is actually the Ratata, because you can see a portal to the other dimension
I really like that :p

But, yeah... The BREAK cards... :p

It's not a bad ability, but near useless on a Pokemon that can't be an attacker. It would make sense if it evolved into Raticate Break with Super Fang, allowing it to be paired with Ariados. Dirty Shock is able to get that final 10 damage in times Ariados is not in play or Raticate is facing against Theta Stop, a grass type, or ability lock.

Last edited:
The artwork... the swirling gold coming from Raticate... it REALLY looks like Raticate is about to BREAK evolve... there is one card between Raticate and Stantler...

Raticate BREAK? Never would I have thought... but then again Noctowl and Beheeyem aren't Pokemon I would have thought would be highlighted by this mechanic either. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh. Oh my fuzzbuckets.
This thing... that attack.
I honestly don't know what to say. That's some powerful stuff right there.

There it is and I had a feeling it would be exactly like this. The only way I can justify this is if Desert Ruins somehow gets a reprint this could be useful. It has 0 retreat cost to work with which is a great tool to have but without any kind of inbetween turns support, it just would be that good to give resources to.

I can understand it needing a break, but the raticate before it is a common... are we getting break commons?

Well done to those who predicted Raticate break earlier. Look at him with his shiny tooth/teeth now.

Who knows now, maybe we will wake up to Bibarel EX tomorrow as the random EX?

Back