'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

I wonder if all of the EX Pokemon in this set will have a full art counterpart or if they'll go back to having some ex's like aegislash or hawlucha without full arts. The megas and their non-mega ex's will surely have full arts.

Aegislash and Hawlucha were promos so they weren't part of the Japanese set and didn't have full arts at all. Same would go for Palkia, Emboar and Togekiss.

What the heck...I'm all for incorporating storylines into TCG but this is the most idiotic thing I've read. Two dimensions are crashing into each other? Ok....this would be great...if it was the theme for ancient orgins. What the hell does a Gyarados have to do with this? What does anything have to do with this?

Alright. the 11 ex will include Gyarados, M Gyarados, Scizor, M Scizor, Palkia, Emboar, Togekiss. It looks like we're also seeing non-mega EXs again, however the 4 EX could still just be legendaries and not random Pokemon (as those will be given BREAK cards). I'll go out on a limb and say the 4 EX could be Suicune, Electivire, Wobbuffet and Cofagrigus. It's definitely a longshot but I'd be pretty impressed if one of them was right.

Our 5 BREAK includes Greninja, Luxray and Golduck. For the other 2 BREAK (again a longshot) we could be seeing Umbreon and Flygon.

All the predictions are just random or what I think could go in the set.

As for the Mega lines, Gyarados will be Water/Water so to utilise its Special Energy and Scizor could go either way.

It seems like the recent sets have been focusing less on super-EX's and more on conditional/setup ones (shaymin, Hoopa, glalie, manectric to some extent, rayquaza (needs big bench), etc.) Evolution cards seem to be more interesting as well; not necessarily good but interesting (as in having effects/abilities that could possible combo with something else). Because of the increased evolution lines, I wonder when they will start to include baby pokemon again...

It seems like the recent sets have been focusing less on super-EX's and more on conditional/setup ones (shaymin, Hoopa, glalie, manectric to some extent, rayquaza (needs big bench), etc.) Evolution cards seem to be more interesting as well; not necessarily good but interesting (as in having effects/abilities that could possible combo with something else). Because of the increased evolution lines, I wonder when they will start to include baby pokemon again...
I'd be perfectly fine if they did! Then I could play Pichu!

Okay, I'm starting a betting pool for the next terrible set name to round out this block. Any takers?
I'm putting my money on BREAKdown.

Are shiny pokemon going to start being a trend in the tcg?

They've kind of been on-and-off in the TCG since partway through the BW era anyway.

No Alakazam/M-Zam-EX?

Pokemon, you're BREAKing my heart.

Still could happen. We don't know which Pokémon-EX will appear in Japan's XY9 except for Gyarados, so there's plenty of opportunity.

And if there is a Mega Alakazam, then that will actually convince me to buy boxes of this set. >_>

They've kind of been on-and-off in the TCG since partway through the BW era anyway.

Still could happen. We don't know which Pokémon-EX will appear in Japan's XY9 except for Gyarados, so there's plenty of opportunity.

And if there is a Mega Alakazam, then that will actually convince me to buy boxes of this set. >_>

No, the Megas are M Gyarados and M Scizor
So, M Alakazam is not in this set

Fair point. I didn't catch that the description for this English set specifically said "2 Mega Evolutions".

Though, that seems... really low. There were 4 Megas in XY8, and 3 in XY7, so to only release 2 feels really weird. I guess maybe there will be more BREAK Pokémon and non-Mega EXes to even things out.

Fair point. I didn't catch that the description for this English set specifically said "2 Mega Evolutions".

Though, that seems... really low. There were 4 Megas in XY8, and 3 in XY7, so to only release 2 feels really weird. I guess maybe there will be more BREAK Pokémon and non-Mega EXes to even things out.

11 Pokémon-EX (including M evolution)
5 BREAK cards
120+ cards

Once again i am so excited :p

That duo stuff really excites me! So the break era is already great.

Does anyone know how rare the break cards are?

Does anyone know how rare the break cards are?

In the Japanese sets, they're the same rarity as EXes (RR). In the English sets, they're listed as "☆" which will probably be about the same rate as the "☆ex" rarity EX cards, but there's probably not enough pull data to know for sure.

Back