Discussion Card Battle Ep.3: Milotic VS Milotic

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Hello,guys. In my 3rd CARD BATTLE thread, we will talked about the Two Milotics,which an evolution of FEEBAS!, which also commonly usable cards for TCG battles. What are the differences?

Milotic (FLF)- Waterfall attack. It has the ability that able to Knock Out itself and restore 3 basic energy card to your Non-EX Pokemon.

Milotic (PCL)- Aqua Swirl attack (able to switch places between the opponent's Active and Benched Pokemon), and an ability to retrieve a card when it is evolved from FEEBAS!

So what do you think your best card?

Don't afraid to share your thoughts and opinions here!

XY2_EN_23.png
XY5_EN_44.png

Last edited:
Hello,guys. In my 3rd CARD BATTLE thread, we will talked about the Two Milotics,which an evolution of FEEBAS!, which also commonly usable cards for TCG battles. What are the differences?

Milotic (FLF)- Waterfall attack. It has the ability that able to Knock Out itself and attach 3 basic energy card to your Non-EX Pokemon.

Milotic (PCL)-Aqua Swirl attack (able to switch places between the opponent's Active and Benched Pokemon),and an ability to retrieve a card when it is evolved from FEEBAS!

So what do you think the best of them?

Don't afraid to share your thoughts and opinions here!

XY2_EN_23.png
XY5_EN_44.png
These cards are completely different in application, and thus cannot truly be compared. It is like asking "What's the better card, Vileplume UD or Eelektrik NVI?" Both exerted similar amounts of format influence, but are just way too different.
Milotic FLF is best used in non-EX decks that can stream themselves easily, but require too much energy to attack in one turn. This means that it is only really useful in something like Shiftry, Beautifly, or some other non-1-energy [G] non-EX. It can also abuse things like Ditto BCR, but that tends to be a little on the clunky side w/o insane Item Draw + LTC to allow you to discard all other non-essential (at the time) cards, but cards you still want, in order to find the combo.
Milotic PRC on the other hand works best in decks that are constrained by their resources, like Night March and Seismitoad-EX decks, getting back things like DCE, Hammers, and Lasers. However, it is too easy to get back Hammers and Lasers in Expanded w/ Sableye DEX to actually be of use in the one place it could be.

Another tough one, but I'd have to go with the PC one. With Trump Card banned, this might be the best way to get back certain cards (mainly special energies).

I prefer Milotic FLF to be honest (though I used to prefer Milotic PCL, as it's a pretty effective way for speeding non-EX decks as someone else says, along with the fact when you're running non-EX being able to get 4 energy turn 1 (with Wally) or turn 2 without you can pretty much rack up a KO on opposing Pokemon-EX.

If you're running a fairy/colorless deck you can also Aromatisse XY it from a non-EX to one of your EX, though you can't do that turn 1 AFAIK.

These cards are completely different in application, and thus cannot truly be compared. It is like asking "What's the better card, Vileplume UD or Eelektrik NVI?" Both exerted similar amounts of format influence, but are just way too different.
Milotic FLF is best used in non-EX decks that can stream themselves easily, but require too much energy to attack in one turn. This means that it is only really useful in something like Shiftry, Beautifly, or some other non-1-energy [G] non-EX. It can also abuse things like Ditto BCR, but that tends to be a little on the clunky side w/o insane Item Draw + LTC to allow you to discard all other non-essential (at the time) cards, but cards you still want, in order to find the combo.
Milotic PRC on the other hand works best in decks that are constrained by their resources, like Night March and Seismitoad-EX decks, getting back things like DCE, Hammers, and Lasers. However, it is too easy to get back Hammers and Lasers in Expanded w/ Sableye DEX to actually be of use in the one place it could be.
Thanks for your opinion. My reason for my CARD BATTLE thread is to differentiate the cards which are commonly or rarely used in TCG battles and asking that what card co they think the best card for them.

...and tototavros , I've planned to posts some CARD BATTLE thread for you to share opinion about your best cards in TCG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milotic PCL is my favourite, mainly because it lets you grab back Special energy and, unlike Bunnelby, you can put it straight into your hand for quick use. AZ or Super Scoop-Up also lets you reuse her, which is pretty useful. Gonna try her out in a Giratina deck or two.

The issue is having that 30HP Feebas on your bench, ready to be sniped or Sneaky Bitten.

These cards are completely different in application, and thus cannot truly be compared.

I must disagree; in fact I've done just this in Card of the Day articles that go up on a different website. ;)

Both cards are Milotic, so they count against the same four-per-deck limit. Sharing a Basic means that if a strategy does not require maxing out one or the other, you may benefit from running the two together in the same deck. In terms of game relevant attributes and effects, the differences are only that one has 10 more HP and a beneficial effect on an otherwise identical attack (same Energy cost and damage) and of course the different Abilities.

Even there, both Abilities deal with taking something out of the discard pile and putting it someplace where you may use it; in the case of XY: Flashfire 23/106, you get to take up to three Basic Energy cards and attach them to a non-Pokémon-EX of yours in play while for XY: Primal Clash 44/160 you can get any one card added back to your hand. This makes the former a method of Energy acceleration that uses card recycling and the latter purely a form of card recycling.

They both strike me as about even, though in the end I must favor XY: Flashfire 23/106 simply because I have seen it used to better effect, usually with Ditto (BRC) to get around the restriction about attaching to Pokémon-EX.

Back