Hoopa, Charizard, and Rayquaza Deck Boxes, Sleeves, and Playmats in December!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Ooooh, America is getting some good sleeves and stuff for once! I totally clicked on this article expecting to see more cool sleeves that will be PC-only in Japan. The Rayquaza version is probably my favourite, but they all look nice. :D

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
Not a fan of those borders at all. It should fill up the entire sleeve, but the filler around it makes it look wonky. I really love the playmats! I may use the Rayquaza one as a mouse pad if that's possible. I've always loved the artwork for all the sets (especially the ORAS-themed ones, Primal Clash onward) and have always wanted the entire artwork to be incorporated in more merch.

I take it these will be available for purchase in-stores?

Last edited:

Asrialys

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully, these are the same quality as Japan's. The sleeves' borders are a bit larger in these images...

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
This seems like a huge leap for Pokemon. Releasing Japanese sleeves and deckboxes in other parts of the world. We should be seeing more awesome sleeves and deckboxes from Japan in the near future, which I'm super excited about. Maybe we could see other similar Japanese exclusive products in the future as well.

I'm curious what kind of material they'll be made out of. Will it be the same as the Japanese sleeves, or will they be more like the artwork sleeves from Ultra Pro we've gotten over here? I'd be pretty disappointed if they were Ultra Pro, as I've found their artwork sleeves to fall apart easily.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Expected something about Japan with these sleeves. I was pleasantly surprised! This is really awesome, can't wait for these sleeves!
This seems like a huge leap for Pokemon. Releasing Japanese sleeves and deckboxes in other parts of the world. We should be seeing more awesome sleeves and deckboxes from Japan in the near future, which I'm super excited about. Maybe we could see other similar Japanese exclusive products in the future as well.

I'm curious what kind of material they'll be made out of. Will it be the same as the Japanese sleeves, or will they be more like the artwork sleeves from Ultra Pro we've gotten over here? I'd be pretty disappointed if they were Ultra Pro, as I've found their artwork sleeves to fall apart easily.
I agree. I really don't want it to be the Ultra Pro artwork sleeve quality. Those sleeves aren't the most durable, at least in my playing experience. I hope it's the same quality as the one's in Japan.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
And now I just gotta pray these make their way to the UK/Ireland.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
If anyone is wondering why their dog started wimpering suddenly it's because I just made an inhumany high pitched squeal that is beyond the human range of hearing.

Anyway wow, the art on these is simply amazing and squeal shiny mega ray on a common playmat shiny mega ray on a playmat! *faints*

LordKieta

Owner of Violet CIty
That Charizard deck box looks amazing, although agreeing with Purrloin, it's a shame the sleeves have the text on them. I for one am really looking forward to all that Shiny M Rayquaza Gear.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The Hoopa and Mega Charizard sleeves were also released in Japan. They both have borders as well, but the borders on the English cards look larger. Also, the Japanese version of the Charizard sleeves says "Lizardon" (Charizard's Japanese name) instead of "Charizard". The Rayquaza sleeves on the other hand... I don't recall that design on a Japanese sleeve, at least not recently. They were Rayquaza sleeves released in Japan with XY6, but that design is different from the ones in these images.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
When did the deck boxes start costing only $6.00? I thought deck boxes were around $11.99 per box-$13.99 per box depending on where you buy the boxes and cards? Also why are the playmats so High? Mouse pads only cost around $10.00 at most retail stores. Some high end places are higher though. Why over $20.00 for a basically a big mouse pad? That is a bit steep don't you think? Why not sell these together for $24.99? That would make better sense anyway. I can see them doing it that way rather than buying them separately.:)