Fun What Cards Would You Like to See Reprinted for 2015-16?

Story time...

Today, I saw a new Smeargle and immediately got my hopes up. Then I clicked on it. Reading the translation and finding out it's not another reprint of Sketch created yet another void in my soul.

I WANT SKETCH SMEARGLE BACK IN MY LIFE!!!!Also, while we're here, a card close to Celebi Prime that can attach to any Pokemon. Sorry Reshiram, you just aren't good enough and you never will be.:p

I'd like to see max potion again. I want more aromatisse, and I think it's a card that turns games around in a strategic and healthy way.
Max Potion WILL be featured in XY8 :p Golduck Break HYPE! ;)

Personally I would like to see... A "Rush In" ability on Basic Pokemon, and Better cards for Pokemon Search. Brigette is only a small step.

And for pokemon: Good Artworks (Bring Shizurow Back!) A M Garchomp EX and a Broken Gyarados.

Aside from what is being printed in xy8 (float stone), I have 3, town map, silver bangle, and fliptini. Town map isn't even a big card that makes much of a difference, but it's a nice mechanic none the less. Bangle worked as an alternative to Muscle Band and allowed for some tricky ex knock outs. And fliptini brought some of the neatest rogue decks (trick coin just ain't the same).

Pokemon reprints cards pretty often, usually reprinting staple cards like Ultra Ball. So my question is what cards would you guys like to see reprinted in the coming season? If I had to pick 5, they'd be:

1. Pokemon Communication
2. Victory Medal
3. Colress (or some supporter with its same effect)
4. Seeker
5. Gyarados (Stormfront)

So what cards would you guys like to see get a reprint in coming sets? I'm excited to see your responses!

LoneWolf2113
Victory Medal is basically a slightly worse version of Reserve Ticket...50% Draw a card, 25% Computer Search vs. 50% Computer Search.
I guess it replaces itself, but cantrips aren't that great in Pokemon, I mean, heck, Roller Skates is a better version of a cantrip, but it isn't used in anything BUT speed decks.
EDIT: Just now realized that Reserve ticket puts it on top of the deck, not into your hand, but the majority of my point still holds.

Also, AZ seems like a less broken version of Seeker...my problem w/ Seeker is that it enabled too many donk strategies...without it, I doubt Sableye SF would have been able to take on SP (think about it, imagine a Dragonite FB start w/ Bronzong G and Dialga G on the bench (or some variation thereof), and 290 damage to deal? If we have 4 PokeBlowers, 4 Crobat Gs, 4 SSU heads, 4 PokeTurn, 2 AZ (BTS+Porygon2) yields 180 damage, not enough to knock out whatever 2 bench SP Pokemon you have, if their total HP is > 180. Granted, SP won't always have 3 Basics in their opening hand (and if they do, they might have something stupid like an Unown G), but then again, Sableye won't always have such a god turn) (although this still wouldn't have been healthy as it would all but kill off evolution decks that managed to survive the SP onslaught).

Last edited:
Maybe not a reprint, but a card similar to Steven's Advice. Besides Lysandre stalling, there is little reason not to just fill up a bench without thinking much of it. A card like Steven's Advice would make players think twice about benching and all those Shaymin sitting there would provide a benefit to the other player.

Honestly I don't like reprints. Especially for trainers, when there's so many neglected Gym Leaders and NPCs.

But if I had to choose a card, I would love to see Combee (Undaunted 44) return. I had so much fun with this card back in the day, and I see a lot of possibilities with the new Vespiquen cards. There's nothing like one-shotting a Grass-weak EX with a 30 HP Pokemon.

Yeah, Stormfront Gyarados in standard would be too Op. Would work real well with battle compressor and archie

120 base damage for no energy. Also a stage 1

Last edited:
Riptide Feraligatr. Maybe as an EX and make the attack cheaper and 20x to make it viable, but doesn't have to be. Kingdra from Plasma Freeze had a similar attack, but didn't have the ability that lets you just discard Water energy from your hand whenever. We probably need Trash Exchange as well, so let's reprint that too.

Riptide Feraligatr. Maybe as an EX and make the attack cheaper and 20x to make it viable, but doesn't have to be. Kingdra from Plasma Freeze had a similar attack, but didn't have the ability that lets you just discard Water energy from your hand whenever. We probably need Trash Exchange as well, so let's reprint that too.
Yes, let's certainly reprint a card that allows us to cycle our decks infinitely and abuse powerful, flippy cards. It's not like something incredibly similar was banned just this year.

That being said, it would be unlikely for that to happen, but you never really know...
Besides, you don't really need much Trash Exchange if you can just use Prof's Letter, Energy Retrieval, SER, and Energy Recycler to get energy from different sources.

One other reprint I'd like is something similar to the Base Set Mr. Mime, which could wall opponents that did too much damage... Maybe something like an 80 HP Pokemon with an ability that blocks attacks that do 60 or more damage for the modern format.

Yes, let's certainly reprint a card that allows us to cycle our decks infinitely and abuse powerful, flippy cards. It's not like something incredibly similar was banned just this year.

That being said, it would be unlikely for that to happen, but you never really know...
Besides, you don't really need much Trash Exchange if you can just use Prof's Letter, Energy Retrieval, SER, and Energy Recycler to get energy from different sources.

No need for the sarcasm. Trash Exchange is significantly more random than LTC, considering that you have to discard the same number of cards that you shuffled in and could probably lead to you discarding hammers, but yes, could lead to recycling resources. I just think it's a fun card and didn't get a chance to play it before.

I'd imagine the randomness and reuse of powerful resources would not exactly be healthy, although it does eliminate one of the major Lysandre Trump problems - it still allows those poor mill decks to be viable!

Back