XY Your Shiny Hunts

Just got a shiny Sableye while Wonder Trading in Omega Ruby. Not only did it have Prankster and 6IVs, but it also had a free Ability Capsule. It made my day.

Finally, after over 1700 eggs, and two non-HA (but still viable) shinies, I got myself a shiny, HA Shroomish. Jolly nature, egg moves Focus Punch, Drain Punch, Seed Bomb, and Bullet Seed, IV's: 24/31/31/31/31/31. I nicknamed her Sriracha, and her siblings, Doomshroom and Nuke are going to be my Poison Heal stallers with a slightly different moveset for each! Next hunt: shiny Riolu!

On the 23rd, I got a shiny Whismur (male) and a shiny Machop (female) through hordes. Then on the 24th, I was trying to get a shiny Spoink; but never got one.

Instead I found and caught two more shiny Machop (both male).

Something interesting happened last night, I encountered 4 shiny Pokemon (Slugma, Oddish, Voltorb and Luxio) in just an hour in friend safara. The shiny Pokemon just appeared after I switched the hunting area and I was speechless because I have never experienced this situation before.

I got a Shiny 6IV Heracross over Wonder Trade.

Moving on to the main attraction...

I EV train in X and Y. A LOT. So I encounter hordes a lot. I was EV training Evil Dr.Goom the Goomy, and I went to train it in Special Defense on route 7 for Hoppips, and the first thing I run into is a Horde of Psyduck, and one of them was Shiny!

Most of my shiny hunts are Masuda method Breeding. And so far all of them failed.
Here's what I tried.
Frokie
Combee
Klefki
Fennikin
Roggenrola
I tried shiny chain fishing but both times failed.
After 20 or so encounters paranoia sets in and I second guess myself. So I have yet to return to chain fishing.
I tried Horde Hunting after I learned about it. My first hunt rewarded me with a shiny Mime Jr. The battle was god damn
heart pounding but I got it. My latest hunt was a safari hunt. And I got burnt out and stopped trying after a few hours.
This was all in pokemon Y version. Most of the shinies I have are from random encounters or wonder trades. One morning I got a shiny Amaura. I also got a shiny Dragonite and shiny Rayquaza.

Just masuda methoding for a shiny froakie, almost got a whole box of them. Hopefully it'll have protean, but no guarantees for that :p

I was doing some horde EV training yesterday (training up my new shiny Goomy and shiny Lapras) when I ran into two shinies in hordes; a shiny Grimer while doing Sp. Attack training in Fiery Path, and a shiny Spoink while training in Attack on Jagged Pass. The Spoink even had a Modest Nature (and crummy IV's)!

Back