Fun What Cards Would You Like to See Reprinted for 2015-16?

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Pokemon reprints cards pretty often, usually reprinting staple cards like Ultra Ball. So my question is what cards would you guys like to see reprinted in the coming season? If I had to pick 5, they'd be:

1. Pokemon Communication
2. Victory Medal
3. Colress (or some supporter with its same effect)
4. Seeker
5. Gyarados (Stormfront)

So what cards would you guys like to see get a reprint in coming sets? I'm excited to see your responses!

LoneWolf2113

Well, to be honest, I'm sorta sick of the reprints. Can't they just be creative or something? .____.

Victor Medal would be nice, it wouldn't be that broken for x - y on
better league challenge cards in general would be nice, I think more people would come out to LCs if the cards were at least playable.
Something like Machamp, since the ex format is too over run maybe something for megas as well. Since Pyroar doesn't stop Megas.

I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of ace spects. Some kind of strong one of card.

I'd love it if they reprinted something like the Ecogym from Neo Genesis, or a variant of Brock's Protection from gym heroes:

Ecogym: A stadium that brings all basic energy discarded from card effects (except knock-outs) back to each players hands.

Brock's Protection: A Pokemon tool-like attachment that prevents your opponent from discarding energy from your Pokemon the card is attached to. (Only worked with Brock's pokemon back then)

Why these two: I've been increasingly seeing more decks in the game that are designed to win purely by energy discarding alone...

I don't really know. I'm not an advocater for printing effects that would prevent many decks from functioning, unless the decks are not healthy. To be honest, I don't really feel like energy discarding effects are overly unhealthy, a you can just add more energy in your deck or run low-cost Pokemon and/or energy accelerators.

Well, to be honest, I'm sorta sick of the reprints. Can't they just be creative or something? .____.
Agree. We're getting Dodrio yet again... Can't they give us a decent Pidgeot sometime, something they have not managed to do in the past decade?

Inb4 FRLG Pidgeot reprint.

The card I would like to see be reprinted would have to be all four Abra evolution set with a Mega Alakazam card as well.

I'd like to see max potion again. I want more aromatisse, and I think it's a card that turns games around in a strategic and healthy way.

I would like to see lost world come back but I know that will never happen just like I want baby pokemon to come back. Since I never got to play with them when they were in the standard format.

technical machine ts-1 ts-2 I think, the ones that give the evolutor/devolutor attacks.

I'd also like a set with a heavy fossil focus

I prefer reprints of cards that have been gone a while, for example while I like float stone and level ball they got reprinted a little too soon, though its somewhat understandable with a lot of the big tournaments doing expanded format this year.

On one hand, I like to see how older cards can be reprinted in this format and see how they interact with newer and different cards. On the other hand, when Pokemon reprints the plethora of cards like they are doing right now, it makes it seem like they've run out of original ideas. Even this new game mechanic, Pokemon BREAK, is basically LV. X Pokemon.

But if I wanted 1 card reprinted, it would have to be Mew Prime and the Lost Zone. That mechanic, while very annoying, was arguably one of the best ideas that Pokemon has put into the game. With cards that could put other cards there, and Pokemon like Mew to use attacks from the lost Zone, it could easily change the game state.
My second choice would be Claydol, because draw support is pretty bad right now.

I don't really know. I'm not an advocater for printing effects that would prevent many decks from functioning, unless the decks are not healthy. To be honest, I don't really feel like energy discarding effects are overly unhealthy, a you can just add more energy in your deck or run low-cost Pokemon and/or energy accelerators.

You just explained why easy discarding of Energy is unhealthy for the game; remember you get one manual Energy attachment per turn.* We currently have Crushing Hammer, an Item which can discard any one Energy card and is "tails fails". That isn't good game design: the coin flip doesn't properly balance out the card and we've seen that over the last few years since it came out. Either the format is such the card isn't good enough or the card becomes amazing as it interacts with other things.** Enhanced Hammer isn't much better; it helps balance out the overpowered Special Energy cards, but as it punishes all of Special Energy it would be better to just not have the overpowered ones. =P If you think no Special Energy cards are overpowered, that is fine. In that case it still stands that a precious Special Energy card, which is hard to search out from the deck, hard to reclaim from the discard pile and which uses up one's manual Energy attachment for the turn should cost my opponent more than a simple Item. Team Flare Grunt and Xerosic probably are more or less balanced in and of themselves: once per turn Supporter usage traded for once per turn Energy.***

I'm not sure if Eco Gym is the best response, but it might not be a bad one. The decks you mention aren't prevented from functioning, they are preventing from dominating and reducing the amount of the card pool that is tournament viable. Right now to be competitive you either need Energy acceleration (often with Evolution acceleration), low Energy attacks or both. There may be some exceptions of which I am currently not remembering, but they would be just that: exceptions.

*Decks that get multiple are already "bending the rules" and if they are too powerful, that is a separate issue with that card (discarding effects shouldn't be used to balance them out).

**Even when it "sort" of seems balanced (some decks use it, some don't) it is an additional, binary result bit of variance so instead of winning with skill, you're relying on even more "luck". That may not sound too bad but please remember that long time players had to deal with an incredibly frustrating format where Pokémon Reversal (with help from the rest of the competitive card pool, of course) was deciding games. While there was some leeway in general the people who won tournaments were the ones that flipped well when it mattered.

***Though VS Seeker and Shaymin-EX (ROS) are allowing them to be more effective than perhaps they ought to be.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Eco Gym is the best response, but it might not be a bad one. The decks you mention aren't prevented from functioning, they are preventing from dominating and reducing the amount of the card pool that is tournament viable. Right now to be competitive you either need Energy acceleration (often with Evolution acceleration), low Energy attacks or both. There may be some exceptions of which I am currently not remembering, but they would be just that: exceptions.
I think this is where I was trying to get to. I feel that energy denial should be a viable strategy, but when you have things like Eco Gym, that strategy can be effectively nullified. But then, I forgot that you could simply counter-stadium it, or in this format, Ninetales it, so I guess I was overacting. Great insight on your part.

I may be alone in this but the Articuno ex, Zapdos ex and Moltres ex from ex fire red leaf green. I really do miss the Legendary Ascent pokepower. Would love to see them as modern EXs.

Agree. We're getting Dodrio yet again... Can't they give us a decent Pidgeot sometime, something they have not managed to do in the past decade?

Inb4 FRLG Pidgeot reprint.
I second this. I've waited like 14 years for a pidgeot ultra rare card and it never happened. I hope it will be soon.

I may be alone in this but the Articuno ex, Zapdos ex and Moltres ex from ex fire red leaf green. I really do miss the Legendary Ascent pokepower. Would love to see them as modern EXs.
I kind of think dragonite ex is a better version than those, but I wasn't playing then. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.

The Bicycle from Plasma Storm was one of my favourite cards before it got rotated out, so personally I'd like to see that make a return at some point.

To a lesser extent I'd like to see Mew EX get a reprint, since it seemed like a very interesting card to use despite its potential application being greatly overshadowed by its use in Night March.

I kind of think dragonite ex is a better version than those, but I wasn't playing then. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong.
I don't think its better but if they were modern EXs with 180 HP and more damage. For me the only thing that matters is they are birds, which is a big deal for me. I dont really care if they sucked, I'd still use them.

Back