Finished Werewolf XXVIII: Omega Alpha - Game Finished - Postgame Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote Count - Day 1

Valid through: Post 180

Empoleon_master: 2 (PMJ (91), thegrovylekid (121), Squirtle Squad (134))
Squirtle Squad: 1 (Celever (114), scattered mind (116), Empoleon_master (123))
scattered mind: 1 (GM Draclord (118))
Cypher333: 2 (Reinforce (157), Celever (168))

Not voting: 11 (Professor Palutena, Luispipe8, Yeowie, Keeper of Night, simsands, Cypher333, TwistedTurtwig, SilverSilent, Ice Espeon, thegrovylekid, scattered mind)

Day Ends in: ~93 hours

Vote manipulation, if any, are shown in vote counts.

Vote Count - Day 1
Valid through: Post 127
Empoleon_master:
2 (PMJ (91), thegrovylekid (121))
Squirtle Squad: 3 (Celever (114), scattered mind (116), Empoleon_master (123))

Vote Count - Day 1
Valid through: Post 180
Empoleon_master:
2 (PMJ (91), thegrovylekid (121), Squirtle Squad (134))
Squirtle Squad: 1 (Celever (114), scattered mind (116), Empoleon_master (123))
Cypher333: 2 (Reinforce (157), Celever (168))

Based on this (2 previous vote counts) we can conclude that :
GMD & EM both have 1 VOTE WEIGHT
The combination have 2 VOTE WEIGHT (1+1 or 2+0)
(PMJ & TGK), (Celever & SM), (PMJ & SS), (RF & Celever)

##unvote

##vote GM DracLord

Do we really need someone trying to out a mayor (if there is one)? I don't think so.

##unvote

##vote GM DracLord

Do we really need someone trying to out a mayor (if there is one)? I don't think so.

Mayor may not always have different vote weight (if there is one). A few WW back if I was not mistaken, some of the mafia are the people having 2 weight or even 0. I'm just trying to keep track of vote weight. Who knows, maybe it would help us with the lynching people.

Keeping track of people's vote weights is not only hugely scummy but useless since there could be roles that mess with people's vote weight, throwing off all of your calculations. Only scum want to publicize people's vote weights.

Download-File

I've been keeping up with the events of D1 so far inbetween the general business of college life, mostly munching on my popcorn as I've done so.

@scattered mind
To respond to your question, I certainly wouldn't mind a potential lynch of EM as a policy lynch if there's no better option, but there's nothing specifically scummy about him that stands out to me yet.

@Empoleon_master
Seeing as you're a new player, it's understandable that you might be confused about the mechanics and playstyle of Werewolf as played on Pokebeach. I have a couple little pieces of advice that might help you out along the line:
1.) In theory, the strategy you tried to bring up from the Cracked article might work, but it reduces the game to a boring exercise that doesn't serve much of a purpose. Additionally, it requires everyone to know about and agree to the method. Since you didn't let us know what you were trying to do right away, the confusion of the other players is a natural reaction.
2.) Adding in a "hell" or a "damn" every few lines doesn't do a whole lot for your posts. I'm not sure whether it's an attempt to seem more mature or something else entirely, but the other players may take you more seriously if your posts reflect a serious attitude. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have fun while doing so, though - that's the whole purpose of the game, after all!
3.) You don't have to put yourself down and call yourself stupid if you make a mistake - you're still just learning about the game, that's all. Every one of us has been there; we're no strangers to love being the new guy/gal. You'll get the hang of it before long!

That's all I've got for now - two chapters of Plato's Republic and my instant Mac and cheese beckon. I'll be back around later today with some more of my thoughts on the other players and events so far.

Also @PMJ there's still merit in doing some investigation into vote weights. It may not reveal that much, but a little information about whether there's varying vote weights or vote modifiers can't hurt. Drac's just trying to see what he can find to contribute, since not much else noteworthy has been going on today.

I do feel like @PMJ is being overly aggressive and trying to force leads which just aren't there. I don't think these are grounds for a lynch on their own, but it's something to keep in mind. If we do end up policy lynching EM and he turns out mafia, I definitely think that PMJ is a logical scum partner based on his actions thus far.

Then he should be keeping that information to himself. If he wants to contribute then he should be trying to find scum, not finding the guy with the most vote weight so the scum know who to nk.

I do feel like @PMJ is being overly aggressive and trying to force leads which just aren't there. I don't think these are grounds for a lynch on their own, but it's something to keep in mind. If we do end up policy lynching EM and he turns out mafia, I definitely think that PMJ is a logical scum partner based on his actions thus far.

I don't.

Then he should be keeping that information to himself. If he wants to contribute then he should be trying to find scum, not finding the guy with the most vote weight so the scum know who to nk.
Mayor actually influences nk decisions very little from my experience. It's very much a middle of the road role -- if there are literally no better options for whatever reason it's not a bad idea to go for them, but most of the time... nah.

It's also a very legit strategy to have everyone vote for themselves to see what vote manipulation we got going on. I would suggest it, but too many people are inactive for this to work.

I really think you're trying to dig up a lead which just isn't there.

Mayor actually influences nk decisions very little from my experience. It's very much a middle of the road role -- if there are literally no better options for whatever reason it's not a bad idea to go for them, but most of the time... nah.

It's also a very legit strategy to have everyone vote for themselves to see what vote manipulation we got going on. I would suggest it, but too many people are inactive for this to work.

I really think you're trying to dig up a lead which just isn't there.

PMJ seems to simply vote to get things moving and to get responses. It is day one so I can't argue with that.

Why don't you want to be critical of what he's doing then?

I can't find a reason to. Camo used to vote people on the spot much more aggressively than PMJ last game, and no one thought it is scummy. He ended up being town.
If you're going to say that that's Camo's playstyle and PMJ's style is not aggressive like now, let me remind you that I can't know that.

I can't find a reason to. Camo used to vote people on the spot much more aggressively than PMJ last game, and no one thought it is scummy. He ended up being town.
If you're going to say that that's Camo's playstyle and PMJ's style is not aggressive like now, let me remind you that I can't know that.
As a little protip, never compare anyone to Camo. I think this has been said before, but Camo is very much his own entity and his own playstyle which no one can or should try to replicate. Camo is unbelievably scummy every game, but our metagame has grown to accept this for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back