'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

What exactly does the writing say at the top left of the Break cards? Does it say "Break evolves from ..." or does it just say "Breaks from ...". If it is a new mechanic then imo I do not think cards such as Wally and Evosoda will have an effect on Break cards. I can see Chesnaught Break working only because of FGP stadium allowing it to speed evolve to the stage 2 just before Break. I also believe that there will be some type of supporting cards for Break that will allow you to somewhat have synergy.

I'm liking the Assault Vest. There's still plenty of people running Strong Energy and Mystery Energy (including me), and when was the last time anyone went five minutes without seeing a DCE?

Also I like how, while Toad can still lock, its damage is totally negated. Even with a muscle band it'll only do 10. Multi-type Aromatisse decks are also hurt pretty hard, if not completely killed.

The part behind the face or skull is the tail? It looks like Marowak Breaks arm is carved in?

Chesnaught break is the best one in terms of art for me so far. Although not a big fan of break and the orientation of the way the card is to be played and drawn Electric and gold doesn't make sense, especiallay since most of them are not electric.

Last edited:
I'm liking the Assault Vest. There's still plenty of people running Strong Energy and Mystery Energy (including me), and when was the last time anyone went five minutes without seeing a DCE?

Also I like how, while Toad can still lock, its damage is totally negated. Even with a muscle band it'll only do 10. Multi-type Aromatisse decks are also hurt pretty hard, if not completely killed.

you forget there are cards to help toad with that sadly such as startling megaphone and Xerosic.

you forget there are cards to help toad with that sadly such as startling megaphone and Xerosic.
I don't forget that at all. We also have Tool searching cards and cards to retrieve Tools from the discard. This is going to hurt Toad badly. Plus Omega Barrier Pokemon are immune to those trainer cards.

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS::::With the Camerupt from Double Crisis can you use the ability to get the burning energy from your discard pile to the camerupt??? cause the ability says you can attach a fire energy from discard pile to camerupt

I definitely thought that at first when I saw the image on the PokéBeach twitter/FB feed on the side of the page. My first thought was "Why are they making an Alakazam break instead of an EX/M-EX combo?!" Then I saw the actual news story.

So, it means one of two things:

1) Neither of us are crazy.
2) We're both crazy.
Both simultaneously is also a high possibility.

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS::::With the Camerupt from Double Crisis can you use the ability to get the burning energy from your discard pile to the camerupt??? cause the ability says you can attach a fire energy from discard pile to camerupt
While burning energy is in the discard pile it doesn't count as a normal fire energy

I hate the Pokemon tools that require Special Energy. Not many people use them as they aren't too playable, so why even bother?
Um, how about DCE? Or Strong Energy? Though you have the point that they're not as popular as they should be due to Xerosic and the like.

Marowak doesn't look that bad to me? It seems kind of similar to Donphan actually. Sure, it has a bit less HP, and takes 1 more energy to do its (situational yes, but stronger) hit-and-run move. But it can bench snipe, and lategame you can pop a Break on top of it (searchable with Korrina afaik), and for 2 energy, swing for the same damage as Donphan's Wreck (or the magical 180 with a Muscle Band and Fighting Stadium/Strong Energy) if the opponent only took half their prizes. And since the deck would probably only use one-prizers, it could be reasonable to actually set one up by the time 3 prizes are taken! The damage also isn't affected by YOUR prizes, so you don't have to actually be losing to do big damage.

Plus there's still Robo Substitutes, Landorus, Hawlucha, and now Super Rod and Maxie's Gallade (which could also allow for energy acceleration with Ether, but is still really useful on its own).

Burn Energy isn't a Fire Energy until attached, therefore it's not possible to retrieve from the discard since it's not considered a Fire Energy at this point.

Really you do know double colorless energy is a special energy right?

when are we going to get a card to reshuffle special energy in to the deck.

For real though, I've been running into enhanced hammer so much lately that I've had to start using scoop ups in my decks that wouldn't normally run them.

Um, how about DCE? Or Strong Energy? Though you have the point that they're not as popular as they should be due to Xerosic and the like.
I meant the new special energy. Not the Strong or DCE Energy.

That said, I still don't think Assault Vest will get much play, like how Hard Charm didn't get too much play, only this time its way more gimmicky.

Special Energy do not act like their regular counterparts, except acting like a normal energy for something like a retreat cost or a move.

So in your scenario, no it wouldn't work. Just how you can't use Bronzong's Metal Link ability to get Sheild energies.

I just noticed the (what I think is) M-Mewtwo Y shadow in the corner of the Marowak artwork! I love how much detail they're putting into the artworks lately! (other examples being Mantine on Vaporeon (AOR) as well as Goomy and Sliggoo being on Goodra (AOR too)) :D

Well, there is a culture of hitting the hardest. Assault vest gives you more bulk than a Muscle band can deal, so it could be a nerf for nullifying extra damage to a certain degree.

That said, I still don't think Assault Vest will get much play, like how Hard Charm didn't get too much play, only this time its way more gimmicky.
Hard Charm didn't work out, because even if it meant that they 2hko'd you instead of OHKOing, you were 2hkoing.

You know, with stuff like the new Raikou and Assault Vest, Manectric decks sure do have a lot of new toys to work with for a very bulky deck. Between Flash Energy, defensive buffs through Assault Vest (or Hard Charm if you want consistency), and Rough Seas, you suddenly have a regular Pokemon that would put the bulk of an EX (or even a Mega) to shame. I probably wouldn't use more than 1 of the Assault Vest, but I could certainly see myself having more trouble breaking through a hulked out Raikou unless I'm using something like Rayquaza, Gardevoir, or Groudon.

New as in?

Back