• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Donphan Reincarnated (Mienshao / Hawlucha)

Ventoreck

Aspiring Trainer
So I loved the old donphan deck and how it played, so of course I was sad when i found out it was rotating. So I started looking for the next best thing, and I think i have found that. Meinshao. Let me show you the decklist then explain my choices. Right now this is my updated version.

Pokemon:11
  • 4 Mienfoo
  • 4 Mienshao
  • 3 Hawlucha
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 17
  • 4 Korrina - For maximum Consistency, 3 was too little.
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Teamflare Grunt
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac - Thinking of dropping.
  • 3 Focus Sash
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 4 Robo Substitute
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 4 VS seeker
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 1 Eco Arm
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy: 8
  • 4 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

First off, The main combo.

Meinshao + 2 Meinshoo in play. = Donphan Loop
( You can put strong energy, and a muscle band on Meinshao, then return all to hand, then next turn you place Meinshao onto the benched Meinshao and you have the loop for 80 damage each turn.)

Teamflare grunt.

(Because of how easy to set up your loop is (1 korrina to get what you need) You can then use your Supporters each turn to make your opponet lose lots of speed. And Grunt really helps with that.)

Robo Subsitute
(This makes your opponet have to waste at the most 4 attacks, plenty of time to help 2hit which ever pokemon is on the field.)

Matchups to the meta.
Great - Gallade Ex, Ampharos ex, Machamp Ex,
Slight Advantage - Fairy, Seismetoad EX, Raichu,
Beatable but Challenging - Seismetoad EX, Vespiqeun,
Hard - Vileploom/ Giratina EX, Metal Rayquaza.

The hardest matchup this deck has, are decks that can keep pumping out energy faster than i have "Grunts" And Item Lockdowns. Those really hurt because i lose my muscle bands, Enhanced Hammer, VS seeker, etc..

But this deck works, Been playing it a lot and it has outstanding matches vs any deck that runs EX pokemon and can handle non ex decks decently. I recently just won a tourney on PTCGO so i am very pleased. Any suggestions?

Very consistent, but there are random hands where you get no draw supporters or korrina. I am glad to see that this deck can stand on its own feet though :)

Last edited:
I think sacred ash and eco arm are needed, as the low Hp pokemon die easily, even with aero turn attack and robots substitute.

Korrina is a supporter who can search pokemon already, 4 level balls seems overkill. 2 may actually do the job

just one thing I notice, ariados can't poison vespiquen, making ariados not really useful in this deck

Well it works. Thats for sure. I entered a 6 ticket tourney and won the entire thing.

Matchups were.

1. Seismetoad EX.
(Easy matchups, Hawlucha let him know whos boss.)

2. A water filled pokemon deck (Kyruem, Regice, Kyogre)
(Another easy matchup, his deck was very unfocused.)

3. Last mach was Raichu variant.
(I have found out through this matchup, that this deck is so easy to beat. Since raichu has Fighting weakness it was a walk in the park)

Thoughts.
-The control cards are perfect, they were exactly what I was aiming for, i kept taking out Double collorless energy left and right)
- Eco arm is nice, but i think i will stick to one. Good suggestion though.
- Focus sash. Yup its staple now, so good.
- 3 Korrina worked well actually, and Birch IS better than shauna.
- 2 Lysandre was no problem.

Overall, very pleased with the deck, and will use it to start winning tournemants to build my collection. Thanks for the Advice guys!

Have you taken a look at the currently unreleased Celebi Promo?
Celebi – Grass – HP70
Basic Pokemon

Θ Stop: Prevent all effects of your opponent’s Pokemon’s Abilities done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Time Skip
When this Pokemon is Knocked Out, flip a coin. If heads, your opponent does not take a Prize card and shuffle this Pokemon and all cards attached to it into your deck.

[G] Sparkle Mine: Place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Reusable flippy robosub that can spread damage. Also is immune to abilities.

Ventoreck, so what was your final decklist? I faced a variant of this deck today and it was strong.

Ventoreck, so what was your final decklist? I faced a variant of this deck today and it was strong.

Right now this is my updated version.

4x Mienfoo
4x Mienshao
3x Hawlucha

Supporters: 17
4x Korrina - For maximum Consistency, 3 was too little.
4x Sycamore
2x Proffessor Birch
2x Teamflare Grunt
2x Xerosic
2x Lysandre
1x Hex Maniac - Thinking of dropping.

Items: 24
3x Focus Sash
2x Muscle Band
4x Robo Substitute
3x Level Ball
4x VS seeker
3x Trainers Mail
3x Fighting Stadium
1x Eco Arm
1x Proffessors Letter

4x Fighting Energy
4x Strong Energy

Very consistent, but there are random hands where you get no draw supporters or korrina. I am glad to see that this deck can stand on its own feet though :)

Right now this is my updated version.

4x Mienfoo
4x Mienshao
3x Hawlucha

Supporters: 17
4x Korrina - For maximum Consistency, 3 was too little.
4x Sycamore
2x Proffessor Birch
2x Teamflare Grunt
2x Xerosic
2x Lysandre
1x Hex Maniac - Thinking of dropping.

Items: 24
3x Focus Sash
2x Muscle Band
4x Robo Substitute
3x Level Ball
4x VS seeker
3x Trainers Mail
3x Fighting Stadium
1x Eco Arm
1x Proffessors Letter

4x Fighting Energy
4x Strong Energy

Could you please update the decklist in your original post? Thanks!

You may want 2 eco arms and 4 focus sash. 4 level balls are also probably a must.

Are the flare grunt and xerosic so important you need 2 each?

Last edited:
when float stone get reprinted do you think one wailord ex just to soak up damage because you losset the main damage output for weakness with kyurem/reshiram/zekrom/

Last edited:
Back