• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Sceptile EX / Lugia EX / Ariados

eyyjames

Aspiring Trainer
so first off i made this deck by myself and i'd like all feedback please! i like the idea of this deck but i don't think the synergy is there!

Pokemon: 19
  • 2 Lugia EX (AO)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (RS)
  • 3-3 M Sceptile EX
  • 3-3 Ariados
  • 2 Gengar EX
  • 2 Seismitoad EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 26
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 3 VS Seekers
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 AZ
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Steven
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Silent Lab
  • 3 Sceptile Spirit Link
Energy: 15
  • 12 Grass Energy
  • 3 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Why gengar? It doesn't seem like it does anything for this deck. Drop the 2 gengar for ultra balls. To add consistency. It allows you to get shaymin too.
Probably drop the psychic energy for more draw support. 1more sycamore maybe another shauna. Drop the Steven as well to add 2 plant forests.

Hey I would drop the gengar ex's as they don't really synergies with the deck, not to mention 19 pokemon is a little much and does'nt allow you to have much consistency. To help with consistency I would add more Shauna and maybe even another sycamore. With gengar gone you can drop the psychic energy, and stick with 12 grass which is enough for this deck espacially with 2 energy retrivals, I would be tempted to add 1 or 2 professors letter to insure you always have energy in your hand for jagged Saber (mega sceptile). I would get rid of pokemon fan club and add more ultra balls and maybe 1 hoopa ex, which would allow you to get your bench set up quickly by grabbing a sceptile ex, a mega and then either a shaymin, Lugia or seismitoad ex depending in what you need. To make room for the ultra balls drop the 2 level balls as the only thing you can grab is the ariados line and if you don't need those then they become dead draws, whereas ultra ball can be used for anything you need. Drop the Steven and teamates (you now should have max sycamore and 3 or 4 shaunas from dropping gengar and the psychic energy) and replace them with 2 forest of giant plants. Finally I would be tempted to drop the enhancement hammer and replace it with xerosic so you have the option of discarding a tool or a special energy.

Back