• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Vespiqueen (Vespiquen / Flareon / Unown)

I1lucky

Your local Infernape
Pokemon: 19
  • 4 Combee
  • 4 Vespiquen (Bee Revenge)
  • 3 Eevee (energy evolution)
  • 2 Jolteon (Dual Type)
  • 2 Flareon (Dual Type)
  • 4 Unown (Farewell Letter)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (Set Up)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 23
  • 3 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 3 N
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Lightning Energy
  • 2 Fire Energy
Strategy:

first turn should be dedicated to setting up 1 or more Vespiqueen and having one eeveelution on the bench (as long as you don't attach a DCE to Vespiqueen) if you don't see anything that would be weak to grass fire or lightning throw away the entire eevee line with the unknowns then you just need to power up Vespiqueen over time by having them get knocked out over the course of the battle (why I don't run sacred ash) by end game you should be dealing about 180 without weakness so ohkos shouldn't be that hard to come by

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
You should probably run a few more pokemon. I have like 24ish in mine and I still want to fit in more. Also you only have 50 cards it seems. Or can I not count

You should probably try to have 4 battle compressors and 4 vs seekers as well. It's usually a good engine to have in decks like this.

infernape1245

Aspiring Deck-Building Master
if this is for standard remove N and Colress, at this point in time it left the standard format.

also, I run this deck personally. Even with Unown, you're going to want to run 3 Battle Compressor as your minimum. You could run 4, but I think that's too much. I also run full 4 Eevee, 3 AOR and 1 FUF. Also 2 Shaymin because draw power. Also, I think 3 Vs Seeker is a must in this deck. You might want to tech in Wally, it might be weird, but it can be useful. Most of the time and i expect grass to be a thing, there will be a ton of grass decks, so 2 Forest of Giant Plants should suffice. Anyway, Wally can get your eeveelution out without attaching energy.

currently im trying to test it with Swampert and Archie's. Mostly because while I've been testing, I normally drop my hand size to 3 or less.

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I have a question what format is this for expanded or standard? if its standard I would take out N and put one or two more shaymin i've found that you get stuck with one shaymin prized over many games or your stuck and you have already played your shaymin and can't get one because you have already put it down. I would take out colress and put in one more hex maniac because if you face cards like aegislash and you prize it your on trouble.

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
Hello, I would just run a very different amount of cards for trainers, this is just my take on it

• 2 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 2 faded town
  • 2 N
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 2 black smith
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Fire Energy
Faded town gets around megas, more battle compressor and more vs seeker just means more access to running much less supporters in your deck and play the supporter out of your deck the turn you want to play it, blacksmith is the flareon way right? Also the only major attacker in this deck should be vespiquen, ultra ball is a better way to get through your deck and burn cards for shaymin draw power.

Also I would recommend vespiquen for standard and not extended, there is just to much threat against it in expanded.