• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gyarados / Flareon / Jolteon

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 21
  • 4-4 Gyarados
  • 3 Eevee
  • 2 Flareon
  • 2 Jolteon
  • 3 Unown
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Shauna
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Team Magma's Secret Base
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 2 Lucky Helmet
  • 2 Weakness Policy
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Sacred Ash
Energy: 6
  • 4 DCE
  • 2 Water Energy
Strategy:

The strategy of this deck is relatively simple, have a Magikarp or two with 20 damage on it from Magma's Secret base, and use AT Gyarados' Full Retaliation attack to deal upwards of 90 damage for a DCE. The Eeveelutions are there to reap as many weaknesses as possible for the angry karp, as well as the defensive tools to keep him alive.

I built this deck as soon as I got home from the prerelease and so far I love it. The Eeveelutions don't help out with much since you can already one shot anything with 3 magikarp and 2 damage counters on each and 2 muscle bands attached to Gyarados. After one Gyarados goes down as odd as it sounds you can use Max Revive to put the Magikarp on top of your deck and then use Unknown to retrieve it and put it on your bench again. To get your tools back you could use Eco Arm from the new set to put them back into your deck. Hope this Helped.

I built this deck as soon as I got home from the prerelease and so far I love it. The Eeveelutions don't help out with much since you can already one shot anything with 3 magikarp and 2 damage counters on each and 2 muscle bands attached to Gyarados. After one Gyarados goes down as odd as it sounds you can use Max Revive to put the Magikarp on top of your deck and then use Unknown to retrieve it and put it on your bench again. To get your tools back you could use Eco Arm from the new set to put them back into your deck. Hope this Helped.

Do you have a suggested list? Anyway, the reason I'm running the Eeveelutions is so Bats and things that hit the bench don't have as large of an impact on the game, plus I can hit OHKO's without using Muscle Band, as I'd prefer the defensive tactics.

The bats will still have an impact on the game no matter what because both golbat and crobat can ko magikarp with their abilities if it was benched while team magmas secret base was in play. I can pm you my list if you want.

The bats will still have an impact on the game no matter what because both golbat and crobat can ko magikarp with their abilities if it was benched while team magmas secret base was in play. I can pm you my list if you want.

I would like to see a list so we could fine-tune the idea, thanks!

I can pm you my list if you want.

I would also like to see your deck list, if that would be OK with you. Thanks!

After one Gyarados goes down as odd as it sounds you can use Max Revive to put the Magikarp on top of your deck and then use Unknown to retrieve it and put it on your bench again.

Wouldn't Revive work better? It doesn't waste your Unown, so you can draw another random card.

Xerosics will help you, it stalls your opponent by discarding Special Energies, helps you by knocking a DCE off your Gyarados when facing Aegislash EX, and a bunch of other helpful stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Revive wouldn't work because you wouldn't be able to get the 2 damage counters on Magikarp via Team Magma's Secret Base.

Has there been any other bench barrier like Mr. Mime that has been released or possibly released in the next set? That would help keep magic carp alive after your field gives them 20 damage. Hopefully there is a replacement card in standard to that adopts that ability.

You should put Archie's ace to get gyarados straight on the bench so you can have more karps

Back