• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Fairy Big Basics (Xerneas / Aromatisse)

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Hello, I am a returning tcg player and i've been away from the metagame for awhile now. I was wondering if this decklist is still in any way good or if any of the cards have been rotated out already.

Pokemon:
  • 2-2 Aromatisse
  • 1 Mr. Mime
  • 1 Terrakion
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 2 Xerneas EX
  • 1 Mewtwo EX
  • 1 Victini EX
  • 1 Virizion EX
  • 1 Zekrom
  • 1 Tropius
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 3 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Town Map
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Bianca
  • 1 Skyla
  • 4 N
  • 4 Professor Juniper
Energy:
  • 4 Prism Energy
  • 2 Rainbow Energy
  • 5 Fairy Energy
Strategy:

*I know the strategy had to do with being able to move around energy with aromatisse and the deck being flexible because it ran so many different types. Thats about all i remember, any help is appreciated, Thanks! =)

So, here are a few points to remember about the current standard.

• Mr. Mime, Terrakion, Mewtwo EX, Victini EX, Virizion EX, Zekrom, and Tropius are all out of the Standard format and is now in Expanded as far as Pokémon go. Mewtwo EX is returning in the next set, but it's not the same card. Zekrom I believe is in Ancient Origins as well but not as a reprint.
  • Dowsing Machine, Tool Scrapper, Town Map, Max Potion, Super Rod, Bianca, Skyla, N and Prof. Juniper are all also in Expanded format as well. Skyla is apparently being reprinted in Japan but I'm not sure about the US and likewise for N, I hear it's being reprinted but I'm not positive.
  • Prism as far as energy cards is out of rotation as well.
As far as the current format. Standard is X/Y through Ancient Origins right now until the next some is released in the US. for Expanded, it's Black and White to Ancient Origins.

In my personal opinion, Big Basic Fairy decks are on the down hill slope, things like Siemitioad EX, Wobbuffett, the new Vileplume from Ancient Orgins, metal decks or decks that have Aegislash EX as a tech, Giratina EX from Ancient Origins, and Hex Maniac from Ancient Origins are all going to really hurt this deck horribly. With this said, I don't think it's impossible to make a Fairy Deck, it's still possible.

Some good ideas to put in to a deck would be using Florges EX, Septile EX from Ancient Origins, Lugia EX from AOR, Ariados AOR, M. Gardevior, and others you mentioned like Aromatisse and Xerneas. Slurpuff is also another good idea with Tasting.

As far as trainer cards, Prof. Sycamore, Prof. Birch, Shauna, Lysandre, and Hex Maniac are all going to be popular with VS Seeker and are almost going to be essential to draw power. Shaymin-EX from Roaring Skies has a great ability to enable you to draw six cards one laid down and can help speed a slow deck up significantly. Fairy decks would also benefit from Acro Bike and Trainer's Mail.

These are just a few cards and ideas you could do for the Standard Format and I hope this helps. If you would like me to post a deck list of a Fairy Deck I made just le me know and I'd be more than happy to.

So, here are a few points to remember about the current standard.

• Mr. Mime, Terrakion, Mewtwo EX, Victini EX, Virizion EX, Zekrom, and Tropius are all out of the Standard format and is now in Expanded as far as Pokémon go. Mewtwo EX is returning in the next set, but it's not the same card. Zekrom I believe is in Ancient Origins as well but not as a reprint.
  • Dowsing Machine, Tool Scrapper, Town Map, Max Potion, Super Rod, Bianca, Skyla, N and Prof. Juniper are all also in Expanded format as well. Skyla is apparently being reprinted in Japan but I'm not sure about the US and likewise for N, I hear it's being reprinted but I'm not positive.
  • Prism as far as energy cards is out of rotation as well.
As far as the current format. Standard is X/Y through Ancient Origins right now until the next some is released in the US. for Expanded, it's Black and White to Ancient Origins.

In my personal opinion, Big Basic Fairy decks are on the down hill slope, things like Siemitioad EX, Wobbuffett, the new Vileplume from Ancient Orgins, metal decks or decks that have Aegislash EX as a tech, Giratina EX from Ancient Origins, and Hex Maniac from Ancient Origins are all going to really hurt this deck horribly. With this said, I don't think it's impossible to make a Fairy Deck, it's still possible.

Some good ideas to put in to a deck would be using Florges EX, Septile EX from Ancient Origins, Lugia EX from AOR, Ariados AOR, M. Gardevior, and others you mentioned like Aromatisse and Xerneas. Slurpuff is also another good idea with Tasting.

As far as trainer cards, Prof. Sycamore, Prof. Birch, Shauna, Lysandre, and Hex Maniac are all going to be popular with VS Seeker and are almost going to be essential to draw power. Shaymin-EX from Roaring Skies has a great ability to enable you to draw six cards one laid down and can help speed a slow deck up significantly. Fairy decks would also benefit from Acro Bike and Trainer's Mail.

These are just a few cards and ideas you could do for the Standard Format and I hope this helps. If you would like me to post a deck list of a Fairy Deck I made just le me know and I'd be more than happy to.
Wow thats very helpful! thanks. Is there a deck you can suggest that would be easy (cheap) for me to buy? Im just looking to have a good viable deck that i can bring with me to some tournaments with some friends.

Wow thats very helpful! thanks. Is there a deck you can suggest that would be easy (cheap) for me to buy? Im just looking to have a good viable deck that i can bring with me to some tournaments with some friends.
Vespiqueen/Eevelutions (the link is the first example decklist that I could find) is relatively cheap and should stay legal for at least another year. Unfortunately the VS Seekers and Battle Compressors aren't cheap, but the rest of the cards are either uncommon or new enough that the prices are still low.

Vespiqueen/Eevelutions (the link is the first example decklist that I could find) is relatively cheap and should stay legal for at least another year. Unfortunately the VS Seekers and Battle Compressors aren't cheap, but the rest of the cards are either uncommon or new enough that the prices are still low.
hmm ok then ill try it out

Back