• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Vileplume / Ariados

Scrafty'sMinion

ゲッコウガ水型であります暗いタイプ
Pokemon: 17
  • 2-2 Ariados
  • 3-3-3 Vileplume
  • 1-1 Dragalge
  • 1-1 Slurpuff
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 VS Seeker
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Lysandre
  • 3 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 3 Professor Birch’s Observations
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 8
  • 8 Grass Energy
Strategy:

I need some help for what to put in my deck. Please provide feedback. Thankyou :)

You're spreading your trainer cards pretty thin and adding a pretty heavy line of supporters which could put you in an awkward position.

• Pick either Prof. Birch or Shauna, having both really isn't needed.
  • Lysandre doesn't need to be such a high count.
  • VS seeker is going to help you greatly in this deck
  • Trainer's mail will also help.
So here's an idea you can try for your trainer cards.

Prof. Sycamore - 4
Prof. Birch's Observation 3
Lysandre - 2
Ace Trainer - 1
Team Flare Grunt - 2
VS Seeker - 4
Trainer's Mail - 2
Enhanced Hammer - 2

Hope that helps.

Try miltank for the 2 slots. 80 damage for 1 energy
You're spreading your trainer cards pretty thin and adding a pretty heavy line of supporters which could put you in an awkward position.

• Pick either Prof. Birch or Shauna, having both really isn't needed.
  • Lysandre doesn't need to be such a high count.
  • VS seeker is going to help you greatly in this deck
  • Trainer's mail will also help.
So here's an idea you can try for your trainer cards.

Prof. Sycamore - 4
Prof. Birch's Observation 3
Lysandre - 2
Ace Trainer - 1
Team Flare Grunt - 2
VS Seeker - 4
Trainer's Mail - 2
Enhanced Hammer - 2

Hope that helps.
Ok thanks for the feedback! I should have most of the cards. Thank you!

You might want AZ if you are going to use items like enhanced hammer. Or they might end up dead cards in hand.

How does VS Seeker help when the deck revolved around Item lock?

I've ran mine like that and it works fine, it's just an option if Vileplume fails to T1 lock, you could obviously drop VS Seeker all together with Hammers and run things like more Flare Grunt or Cassius. It's mainly preference, of course they could go more aggressive. It was just a standard idea they can manipulate and play with.

Play both shauna and prof birch, once item lock happens you need as many supporters to push for draw power, playing anywhere between 6-7 shauna/birch is a good play in this deck. Playing 1 of bc, level ball and vs seeker is in no way consistent or helps in anyway play more or none at all. AZ, this card lets you reallocate the lock if they lysandre'd up a vileplume or they did something that played against you.

I'd drop the Enhanced Hammer, VS Seeker, and Battle Compressor for Sceptile EX. Not sure what you're supposed to be attacking with, but Sceptile can put some damage on the board for low Energy cost (which you don't play a lot of) and it synergizes with Ariados. My list for this is oriented towards getting Vileplume in play turn one and plays Shaymin, Acro Bike, and Trainers' Mail. Other than those, Level, and Ultra Ball, that's should be it for Trainers.

Back