Discussion Cards to use with Mega Manectric EX

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
Hey there, beachgoers! I am practically convinced that Mega Manectric is the play for standard next season. With major fighting archetypes Landorus EX and Donphan PLS rotating out, Mega Manectric doesn't have much to inhibit it. So now I want to build a Mega Manectric deck for standard. I just don't quite know what would be best to pair it with. I've only really gotten to use it with Yveltal EX and am not sure that that is the best way to go anymore. So if anybody has some suggestions for what to pair it with, please comment them.

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

Since Nats, I've run M Manectric EX with Seismitoad EX and Rough Seas. Definitely worth checking out.

M. Manectric and Lugia would be a good combination, simply charge up Lugia with M.Manectric's attack and then rotate Lugia in after getting a few turns of energy on it.

I run Plasma Kyurem with Ancient Trait Articuno and Garbodor. I will replace the Kyurem and Garbodor with Regice and Wobbuffet. When Float Stone gets reprinted in the next set, I'll include it then. I also run Rough Seas.

Both Regice and Regirock are pretty decent, with Regirock OHKOing M Tar and other M Manes, while Regice is a decent wall. I've found Yanmega PHF to be pretty decent as well, one shotting stuff like Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon with a Muscle Band.

Since Nats, I've run M Manectric EX with Seismitoad EX and Rough Seas. Definitely worth checking out.

Whats the strategy in that deck? Slow down the opponent with Quaking Punch while powering up Manectric or do you switch from Manectric back to Seismitoad sometimes even though his damage is abysmal without Laserbank?

Whats the strategy in that deck? Slow down the opponent with Quaking Punch while powering up Manectric or do you switch from Manectric back to Seismitoad sometimes even though his damage is abysmal without Laserbank?
It's situational given the match-up. A starting Seismitoad EX can't go wrong, but in some cases I will switch to Manectric EX if I have to deal with Bats, Ray EXs, etc.

Back