'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

They still could've picked another trainer and printed that with the effects of Skyla (see Sycamore, Tierno, etc.). Skyla's not relevant anymore. It's just fanservice, I mean look at the art they used this time around.

I'm not debating that Skyla, as a person, should be gone. She should.

However, Skyla, the effect, is still relevant in this game

Parasect will be useful in some Colorless decks. To make things easier, its accelerating attack is [C] as well. Just run multiple types of energy and accel your [C] Pokemon to your heart's content.

It is a Stage 1 Evolution that accelerates via attacking for [C]... so add that into your combo. A single use of its attack only nets two Energy since you have to subtract the Energy you used to pay for Parasect to attack. Given the offensive capacity of most decks, you're also giving up a lot that you could have gained from said attack: even first turn a lot of decks can manage a solid hit. Parasect itself doesn't have a good chance of surviving, so while whatever you are powering up isn't likely taking damage, you are also giving up a Prize.

Edit: Forgot about Forest of Giant Plants allowing this to work on Player 2's first turn. Most of what I said still applies. ;)

Last edited:
Oh my gosh I forgot Parasect was a Pokemon:p. But seriously, Parasect is great. With three bench Pokemon, which can be easy with Fan Club, if you have a Forest of Giant Plants and an Energy you have great energy acceleration on Dragons, Colorless, or just in general.

Oh my gosh I forgot Parasect was a Pokemon:p. But seriously, Parasect is great. With three bench Pokemon, which can be easy with Fan Club, if you have a Forest of Giant Plants and an Energy you have great energy acceleration on Dragons, Colorless, or just in general.
Also, Parasect could be paired with Huntail in Standard.

Definitely glad to see a new Parasect card, as the last one was in the HGSS base set, but it's too bad the artwork looks like bad fan art.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of information about Ancient Origins? There are still no English scans and I haven't seen a single article about the set for at least a few weeks. It's a little ridiculous that the set came out today (and the cards have been in stores for a few days) and there's been basically nothing said about it.
Yeah,I'm tired to see Japanese AO cards posted on this.When was that post about AO scans,its 3 days after its release.

Wow! Cool vivi's Ability. If this is on English,I will add it on my deck. It is and energy machine so,you can attach 2 energy per turn.

Okay, Vivillon is awesome because of one card. GPF.

Possible ideas include a Milkillon Deck with a something like PGroudon to sweep, using Vivillon's ability to set it up faster?

The only annoying thing is that it is Stage 2. If it was stage 1 I'd go so far as to consider it the new meta.

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll do the Vivillon gimmick again with different patterns for different TCG language regions. I kind of hope so; it was pretty cool.

So there is a Chespin (006/059) in Blue Impact, but with Vivillon being 008/059 there cannot be a Quilladin or Chesnaught. This likely means there is no Zoroark to go along with the Red Flash Zorua either. I don't get why TPC does things like this... Ah well.

Really hoping they continue with the different art Vivillon. So many of them have yet to be released.

VIVILLON: THIS is how you make Stage 2 Pokemon playable(at least one of the ways anyways). Energy acceleration from the bench starting turn 1(GPF)? Easily manageable retreat cost? Decent HP for a support Pokemon? I like this card. Do I think it will be format defining? We'll have to wait and see. Do I think it is a huge step in the right direction? Yes. Yes I do.
CHESPIN: Decent for an evolving basic. Nothing to special,but we have definitely had worse. It gets decent HP, a manageable retreat cost, and some useable attacks. Overall a solid card for what it is.
I really like how Pokémon is diversifying how they make cards lately. They still make a few "mistakes", but I like the direction this game seems to be going. I can't wait to get back into tournaments in December(for me anyways).

VIVILLON: THIS is how you make Stage 2 Pokemon playable(at least one of the ways anyways). Energy acceleration from the bench starting turn 1(GPF)? Easily manageable retreat cost? Decent HP for a support Pokemon? I like this card. Do I think it will be format defining? We'll have to wait and see. Do I think it is a huge step in the right direction? Yes. Yes I do.
CHESPIN: Decent for an evolving basic. Nothing to special,but we have definitely had worse. It gets decent HP, a manageable retreat cost, and some useable attacks. Overall a solid card for what it is.
I really like how Pokémon is diversifying how they make cards lately. They still make a few "mistakes", but I like the direction this game seems to be going. I can't wait to get back into tournaments in December(for me anyways).

My opinion.

Stage 1: Format defining
Stage 2: A version of PGroudon or MTTar

So Blue set is more nature and Red set is more technology and city? That's what I get from both Chespins and Zoruas..

So Blue set is more nature and Red set is more technology and city? That's what I get from both Chespins and Zoruas..

Which strikes me as odd because that was Black and White's whole gimmick. I mean hell, Parallel City is pretty much White Forrest and Black City

TPCi really cannot move past Gen 5 can they?

Back