'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I really don't like it when we get 1 set where we can't play with a card before it gets reprinted. It might feel different if the reprint was a surprise, but we are getting this revealed before our XY7. Maybe TCPi holds it back for XYBreak 2? Who knows.

Last edited:
you can't splash it into decks as much/at all.
It has one of the most used abilities in the current meta and has an attack that does 10 more damage than that of colorless MRay, using the opponent's bench instead. For 1 DCE. Even as a stage 1 this is borderline overpowered. Before any of the rarer cards I will be focusing on getting a playset of these.

I really dig the horizontal orientation of the break cards! I love when card games use both horizontal and vertical cards. I'm a little on the fence about the gold coloration though. I get that gold is ~*~special~*~ and all but it somehow makes the pokemon look... less extravagant? It takes away all the color contrast! At least they're consistent I suppose.

Here's hoping it doesnt require an extra turn to break evolve or I'd say they really dropped the ball on this one. I'm also kinda hoping all EXes from this point on are legendaries or mega evolving ones.

I can read japanese, and it does state something about retreat cost in there.

also, the M mewtwo x has 230hp, and does 150 damage. effect is too small to read though

Pokemon, you need to move past your BW phase.

Stop reprinting BW cards. Just stop it. Have new ideas.

Or just reprint N and the Ace Specs in XY8 and say f it.
This. I could go on about how late BW sets ruined the early XY block, or how Expanded for Regionals is only creating a barrier to entry for new players, but that's not here nor there.
Back on topic, I'd say they're batting about 300 on Break cards.

I can read japanese, and it does state something about retreat cost in there.

also, the M mewtwo x has 230hp, and does 150 damage. effect is too small to read though
Could you tell us what the tool on Zoroark says?

Pokemon, you need to move past your BW phase.

Stop reprinting BW cards. Just stop it. Have new ideas.

Or just reprint N and the Ace Specs in XY8 and say f it.
Because maybe they discovered what they liked? Rare Candy wasn't always in the TCG yet when from it first got printed it has pretty much been in every format since.

ah dang it, the break cards are RR!

collecting those is going to be so hard :(
Not really , there the same rarity as ex's. And you get anywhere from 3 to 4 ex's a box in japanese so more than likely you will get one per box depending on how many are actually in the set.

Because maybe they discovered what they liked? Rare Candy wasn't always in the TCG yet when from it first got printed it has pretty much been in every format since.

Rare Candy is a utility card in the same way Switch and Energy Search are. What we don't need are reprints of N like cards and other X Ball pokes.

It seems all these break Pokemon are stage 1 Pokemon. Stage 2 Pokes need more support.

Chesnaught BREAK has already been confirmed

I heard Japan is getting a N and Skyla reprint in a promotional box, I forgot who said it.

They're getting a Skyla promo if they pre-order a a box of both Blue Impact and Red Flash.

No N promo to my knowledge.

にげるために必要な ("...required to retreat...", basically "retreat cost" in the japanese template) right before a line break, the pokemon tool rules text, and a picture of a rock is all we can see.

http://www.projectcore.jp/data/project-core/product/pmbw8rn048.jpg

Check out this older printing of Float Stone, which has the exact same text in the exact same place.

This is definitely a Float Stone reprint.

It looked like there might be a flout stone reprint.
It must be,because on the video you see a stone like trainer card attached to the Master of Illusions,Zoroark so it looks like a float stone.

Chesnaught BREAK has already been confirmed

They're getting a Skyla promo if they pre-order a a box of both Blue Impact and Red Flash.

No N promo to my knowledge.

It's OK. I'll try Ace Trainer in my deck soon. Someone said that it functions like N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait,when I watch that video,the way of attaching that BREAK cards is just like the way we play 2-card LEGENDS (back from the HGSS sets)(attach horizontally)?

It has one of the most used abilities in the current meta and has an attack that does 10 more damage than that of colorless MRay, using the opponent's bench instead. For 1 DCE. Even as a stage 1 this is borderline overpowered. Before any of the rarer cards I will be focusing on getting a playset of these.

Well, if doing roughly the same damage as M Rayquaza for a DCE through certain conditions makes something overpowered, Night March and Vespiquen sure look broke to me. ;)

Regardless, it's a stage 1. The simple fact of the matter is that Zoroark is a lot harder to get than a Keldeo ever was. Plus, if you run a 1-1 line, you might prize one of the parts, and things are going to get a little depressing. Sure, prizing Keldeo is the same thing, but with this you have double the chances to prize a part. That means you have to run it thicker, especially if you want to get it not late-game. Ergo, you have to save a good six or seven cards in your deck to have a consistent Impersonate (2-2 Zoroark + 2/3 Float Stone). Regardless, it's still not as good because you have to Wally it if you want to use it turn 1 unlike Keldeo.

The attack is good -- don't get me wrong -- but not all decks are M Ray. Typically, you're (or "they're", rather) going to have about four Pokemon on your bench at any one given time with the Shaymin and other attackers being built up. That means that the attack will deal roughly 130 damage on average, which is good, but not huge. I am of the opinion that it's good in its own deck, but sorely outclassed by a simple tech of Switch. Heck, running four Switch is much simpler -- and smaller -- than Zoroark.

But that's just my opinion.

On a side note, Bronzong is still a thing now because of Float Stone! :D

Well, if doing roughly the same damage as M Rayquaza for a DCE through certain conditions makes something overpowered, Night March and Vespiquen sure look broke to me. ;)

Regardless, it's a stage 1. The simple fact of the matter is that Zoroark is a lot harder to get than a Keldeo ever was. Plus, if you run a 1-1 line, you might prize one of the parts, and things are going to get a little depressing. Sure, prizing Keldeo is the same thing, but with this you have double the chances to prize a part. That means you have to run it thicker, especially if you want to get it not late-game. Ergo, you have to save a good six or seven cards in your deck to have a consistent Impersonate (2-2 Zoroark + 2/3 Float Stone). Regardless, it's still not as good because you have to Wally it if you want to use it turn 1 unlike Keldeo.

The attack is good -- don't get me wrong -- but not all decks are M Ray. Typically, you're (or "they're", rather) going to have about four Pokemon on your bench at any one given time with the Shaymin and other attackers being built up. That means that the attack will deal roughly 130 damage on average, which is good, but not huge. I am of the opinion that it's good in its own deck, but sorely outclassed by a simple tech of Switch. Heck, running four Switch is much simpler -- and smaller -- than Zoroark.

But that's just my opinion.

On a side note, Bronzong is still a thing now because of Float Stone! :D
It's true. You can't just splash a stage 1 like you can with something like Keldeo. When was the last time that happened? People seriously need to cool it with the crying OVERPOWERED!!!! at cards they've only just seen for the first time and have never played with. If this new Zoroark line becomes competitive, it'll be in its own deck, which might be really interesting. Imagine Target Whistle seeing play. Also, Zoroark.

Why of course! The tool states that all retreat cost is eliminated, or something of that nature. please understand my translations are rough, but that is what i believe it says.
(my translations are usually accurate.) hope this helps

Back