TCG Fakes Zygarde's Image-Based Cards - Happy Birthday card!

So, you know how Classic/Neo/E-card sets didn't use justified text for attack effects? That annoys me to no end. Since I plan on making an e-card set in the near future, I have tried a few things regarding text placement:

025%20regular_zps938oguba.png
025%20J_zpsqngadzko.png
025%20JD_zpspdujdbxe.png

The first one is a regular, non-justified-text card, the second only has justified text and a little different placement for the attack effect. The third one however is quite different from the other two: it used text like the one used for current cards, but keeping the classic-looking Energy cost disposition.
What do you guys think? Tagging @Heavenly Spoon specifically since I know he digs some e-cards.

I'm also going to vote for the second one as the one with the most aesthetically pleasing font placement. The lack of justification has always bothered me a bit, too, and the attack text in the 3rd feels too cramped.

tbh I like the 2nd one the most. Possibly due to the way the text flows around attack names and cost.

I think I'm going to agree with the general consensus and say that 2nd one does look best. I'd have to see more examples to be sure, though. The issue I've come across with trying to justify e-card text is that in terms of percentages long words take up a lot more of the available width than on more recent cards, which makes the difference in letter-spacing quite a bit more obvious. I'd imagine the 2nd one wouldn't look nearly as pretty if it paralysed or mentioned supporters or something similarly long (or heaven forbid 2 consecutive long words, like "Technical Machine"). I think the 3rd one might be the better way to go, and the 2nd one just happens to look better in this particular example.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your take on e-cards!

Ok everyone, thanks a lot. I'm considering everything you guys said and I'm experimenting with different attack effects to see which option looks better overall. Although I agree with most of you about liking the more traditional but justified placement, Spoon is right that this specific card is kinda misleading. It gets specially bad on the first line if the first word of the attack would fit but the next one wouldn't.
Again, thanks all of you who replied to this! <3

The next update is probably going to be Welkin related. I'm only missing 13 cards and I just keep procrastinating those >_>

11%20copy_zpsk0guuyqz.png
4%20coacutepia_zpsipecxglf.png
69%20copy_zpsbanjhrgr.png

I gave Blaziken's old Power to Machamp and made a new one for it. I know Blaziken seems a bit cramped now, but I really like the new Power and the synergy it has with Ho-Oh.
Also, I decided to give Falkner a new effect instead of making him a Lysandre reprint. Welkin only had shuffle draw and discard hand draw Supporters until now.

11 cards to go!

More than a year ago I took a few requests and never got them done. Well, here's the first one:
trio3%20copy_zpszsxpem0h.png
This is not quite what @Reggie McGigas had requested, but I hope he likes either way :)

Nice blank! What is the name of the type? Regi? Also, you need to specify +10 "what".

Altough I made some random cards using these blanks before, these two guys are the first Promo cards in Welkin's format!

2Hopa%20copy_zpsn9lwv2a8.png
1Hoopa%20copy_zpszfq5jbid.png

Man, I'm proud of these. I was brainstorming a few concepts for the missing Legendary Pokémon in Welkin (Rayquaza) when I came up with this idea. It is a bit influenced by Yu-Gi-Oh!, such as the Hoopa Unbound's Body being based on monsters with specific Special Summon conditions. Both Hoopas were actually made to work like a slower Exodia. Turn 1 your should try to get 6 Legendary Pokémon in your hand along with Hoopa Confined to guarantee that all your Prizes are Legendary. Then, you'd have to survive for 6 turns while you take each Prize, while having no offensive presence whatsoever. Keep in mind that since both Hoopas share the same name, you can only run 4 of those.

Since these two are meant to be part of the Welkin format, I'll be adding them to the OP.

Last edited:
Numer =/= number

I really like these cards! Ring Warp is a really, really cool effect that doesn't feel broken, and the synergy between the cards is pretty awesome imo.

Very awesome effects! My only complaint is that neither hoopa can deal damage, which is odd for a legendary pokemon (With the exception of Mew, who hasn't been able to directly deal damage since the Diamond/Pearl era)

Very awesome effects! My only complaint is that neither hoopa can deal damage, which is odd for a legendary pokemon (With the exception of Mew, who hasn't been able to directly deal damage since the Diamond/Pearl era)
They strive for a bit of a different way to achieve the wincon; I think it makes sense.

Thanks @Athena for the super cute Furfrou art!

8%20copy_zpsavukygnu.png

An anti-Basic decks Basic. Not sure if the wording is quite right. Also considering lowering its second attack to [C][C], but I didn't want it to be a turn 1 attacker, which would be possible with Meteor Falls.

Wowowow! Rayquaza looks beautiful, and I honestly thought that Latios was a real card for a second there!!

Back