Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I think that, with the Red Lotus STILL not killing after we've had a claimed Avatar, this really is inactivity and not some complex scheme. Which leads me to think that the Red Lotus leader with the kill is one of the inactives who was not modkilled (Cinesra, MtC and TT). Cinesra has become more active lately so he is less suspicious than the other two for now, I think. But of course that doesn't count him out completely.

However, while it is tempting to go in that direction for our lynch today, I think there's some merit in thinking about lynching one of the 7 semi-actives from Day 7-II. Because if I had to guess numbers, there's probably at least one to two each left of Red Lotus and Equalists, which could mean that one or two or maybe even 3 of the semi-actives is scum (especially if all or some of Cinesra, MtC and TT turn out to be town). Because if we go for lynching an inactive, who has a high probability of being struck down by modkill anyway, it seems like a waste of our lynch. Though, this has the downside of reducing our numbers much more quickly, which could be bad if we mislynch several times if there really are still several scum hanging around.

To the other semi-active people out there --- any opinions and/or other suggestions?

I guess I'd agree, that the three inactives left probably can't all be Red Lotus or Equalist, but chances are there's at least one or two of them in there. I don't want to go blindly voting them without reason, but if no better evidence/arguments come up then I'll be tempted to vote them out. At this point I think Red Lotus would not benefit from not killing at night, so I'm guessing that they are legitimately inactive. I guess we'll just wait till anything new comes up for now...

Let's get this wagon moving.

random has decided tt is today's lynch

##VOTE: TwistedTurtwig

Well I'd rather have this one than me dead (duh):

What the... And I thought things would happen after I got back from work.

Ugh... Well, if he's not going to defend himself.

The most suspect for me is between him and MtC anyway.

hmm
I don't see us making any more progress anytime soon so I may as well ##VOTE: TwistedTurtwig. I mean, we're not getting that much activity in the first place so I guess there aren't any better targets now.

Game Freeze. I won't be able to update for about 7-ish hours, but be warned that the night will probably just last one day and end on the 11th at 20:00 BST.

Divergence_8_2.png

Day 8 Final Vote Count

Teal - 1 (GM Draclord)
TwistedTurtwig - 5 (PMJ, Reinforce, rev3rsor, Teal)

And so, TwistedTurtwig met his fate:

TwistedTurtwig - Varrick - Non-Bender - Town

You are an eccentric, charismatic and extremely influential billionaire businessman with a passion for coin. Not just a flamboyant nobleman, you are also a genius inventor with a deep understanding of technology and science, and have pioneered many techniques. Thanks to the spirit vines popping up all over the city during the clash between UnaVaatu and the Avatar you’ve just managed to escape jail (after being arrested for aggravating the tensions between the Northern Water Tribe and the Southern Water Tribe) and you’ve decided to stay to help during the Harmonic Divergence crisis, partly out of guilt for your previous actions.

Non-Bending Ability - Varrick Global Industries’ Latest Invention

You may use this ability once every odd numbered day. As a genius inventor, you are able to produce a wide range of different gadgets and items that can be used by anyone (they are designed to incorporate all levels of intelligence, from Varrick-Super-Genius to Hog Monkey). This ability allows you to give an item with a random effect to another player. You will not know the effect.

Win Condition - Eliminate all threats to the town.

Machamp The Champion was modkilled:

Machamp The Champion - Lin Beifong - Earthbender - Town

Daughter to the infamous Toph Beifong, the woman who discovered the art of metalbending and long-time leader of the Republic City Police Force, as well as being instrumental in the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai, you were under considerable pressure from a young age to live up to your mother’s achievements. This lead to a strained relationship with both your mother and your sister. Despite this, you were able to master metalbending and followed in your mother’s footsteps by becoming Chief of Police in Republic City. During the last Equalist incident, you had your bending taken away by Amon, and know first-hand how harrowing the experience is. Avatar Korra was able to restore your bending on that occasion, but you want to crush both the Equalists and the Red Lotus before anyone else has to go through that pain again.

Bending Ability - Interrogation

You may use this ability up to four times during the game at night. As Chief of Police you are a skilled investigator and fully intend on using those skills during this crisis. This ability allows you to find out the alignment of a player.

Non-Bending Ability - Stone Wall Evidence

You may use this ability once during the game at night. This ability allows you to gain the role PM of one player. This ability cannot be used on the same night as Interrogation.

---

@Scorched Feathers, @TheGuy, @PMJ, @Teal, @Brave Vesperia, @GM DracLord, @Cinesra, @rev3rsor, @Reinforce,

Night 8 will end on Saturday the 11th at 20:00 BST

Divergence_9_1.png

Having finally bothered to submit a kill, the Red Lotus murdered PMJ:

PMJ - Avatar Korra - Waterbender - Town

As the current Avatar, you know about the threats facing you and the rest of the world more than most. Confusing visions of the Red Lotus swarm in your mind; they feel like memories, but you’re sure that that never happened. Or did it? You have suffered the mind numbing fear of Amon’s power to take someone’s bending away, and the thought that he could be back scares you out of your mind. The one benefit of Harmonic Divergence is that you were able to re-fuse with Raava and restore your past lives, but it feels like small comfort with the terrifying forces out there. You know you have to stop Harmonic Divergence, not just for the world at large, but for your own sanity.

Bending Ability - Reckless Justice

You may use this ability once during the game in the day. Your fast paced fighting style and bending abilities have helped you over the years to get quick answers out of people you’ve been suspicious of, although sometimes your reckless approach can get you into trouble. This ability is used by posting during the day “##VOTEE: Player”. If that player is not a member of the town they will be lynched immediately and the day will end. However if that player is a member of the town your identity will be revealed in the end of day update.

Non-Bending Ability - Influence

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. As the Avatar you have an influential presence in Republic City, and even if you can’t openly reveal your identity for fear of the Red Lotus your opinion still holds a great deal of weight and is universally accepted. This ability causes your vote weight to be two rather than one.

Non-Bending Ability - Avatar

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Avatars in the Avatar QuickTopic, with the link you all share through Raava. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

The Red Lotus had finally killed one of the Avatars, and (if they remember to submit their kills) could become a real threat.

---

@Scorched Feathers, @TheGuy, @PMJ, @Teal, @GM DracLord, @Cinesra, @rev3rsor, @Reinforce

If you do not post at least 3 times today, you run the risk of being modkilled or replaced.

4 votes are required for a lynch.

Day 9 will end on Monday the 13th at 20:00 BST.

Too bad we lost an avatar today..

I know I was abit quite before, but they have been a few people I have bad feeling about..

and this guys are the most recently active.. which made me sure that atleast one of them or not both are red lotus

Scorched Feathers
rev3rsor

##VOTE: Scorched Feathers

Ah, PMJ. Like a true Avatar, you really did save one unnamed bystander - me - when you killed Luis. I'll carry the fight in your stead.

Ahem. Now the dramatics are done, based on the last statement on the day update, we could be nearing MYLO or LYLO. There are 7 of us left, so while it's safe to assume there's at least one person from each scum faction left (since there's been no declaration so far of their factions being eliminated), we could actually be facing 3 or maybe even 4 scum left in here. There's no question that we really need to lynch anti-town today.

I don't really want to use meta as proof, but I have no choice but to use it to further inquire on:

1) Cinesra. You're the last of the inactives on that earlier list, and we've all pretty much suspected that the Red Lotus not submitting a kill is among those. You've only been recently active, but still sporadic, and with how IE worded the Red Lotus kill just now, it only points to you more.

2) I'd also like to hear a post from SF, due to the same reasoning. While you weren't on that modkill list, you do have only 1 or 2 posts in the days before which puts you near the boundary of the inactives-to-be-modkilled-list (which as I said above, are suspected of having the Red Lotus killer) and you were almost completely gone when the Red Lotus wasn't killing.

3) TheGuy hasn't been around either. But since he only just subbed in around 2 or 3 game days ago, I can't concretely point him for the last couple missed Red Lotus killings since they happened even before he got in (at least I think they did, I'll check later).

GM Draclord, rev3rsor, Teal have been active enough, I think, although Teal sounds like he's just bored and trolling at this point (not that I can blame him, this game feels like it's not gonna end) and rev3rsor has been posting more than one-liners...

So I guess he was telling the truth about his role, then. I guess he seemed legit enough at the time too; he did seem to be able to back up his claim.

and this guys are the most recently active.. which made me sure that atleast one of them or not both are red lotus

Scorched Feathers
rev3rsor

I've been semi-active throughout the whole game, in my defense, so I hope that won't be reason to find me suspicious.

Looks like our inactive has finally been online to submit a kill, though, which may or may not give us some sort of lead. What Reinforce has said seems to make sense, and hopefully we'll get a bit more conversation from the others today as well.

And yeah, this game is going on a bit long, probably due to the inactivity ://

I'm actually now kinda getting the vibe that GM DracLord is scum who is trying to control the lynch of today by throwing out an early lynch. On the previous days early votes have gathered votes so he would be trying to do the same, making sure his partner is not hit.

Of course this could be wrong, but I feel more comfortable with this than especially following his lead, so:

##VOTE: GM Draclord

I'm actually now kinda getting the vibe that GM DracLord is scum who is trying to control the lynch of today by throwing out an early lynch. On the previous days early votes have gathered votes so he would be trying to do the same, making sure his partner is not hit.

Of course this could be wrong, but I feel more comfortable with this than especially following his lead, so:

##VOTE: GM Draclord

I agree with the logic, but GM Draclord doesn't strike me as the type, but I could be wrong.

I think that we should go after an inactive, Red Lotus have been missing NK's, except tonight, and I haven't heard of any equalist attacks (or at least no one's reported them) so I bet their alpha is inactive as well.

Well I don't really know - in previous games (especially the game where we were on the same scum team) I have noticed that GM is acting a little bit more noobish than he actually is (on purpose). He is a bit more cunning than you would think from his posts in the main threads. So I think it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back