'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Watson is getting a card but not his own card, just one of those "gym badge cards"

but dang this is the best news of the day... can't believe i don't have to use steven of korrina (limited trainers)
Yea but I meant his own card. Like Winnona did.

A Zinnia card couldn't hurt either.

YES.
Please, more reprints.
Reprint exact cards more often to make it easier on those with low budgets.

Give us more of this!

Then whats even the propose of having new sets with different characters if we just get reprints of unknown characters. (I skipped black and white)

Edit: I am not against allowing old supports to be used in place of new supports if they have the same affect. Example: You can only have 4 of tierno/cheren but you can't have 4 of both.

Last edited:
Then whats even the propose of having new sets with different characters if we just get reprints of unknown characters. (I skipped black and white)

Edit: I am not against allowing old supports to be used in place of new supports if they have the same affect. Example: You can only have 4 of tierno/cheren but you can't have 4 of both.

Magic does just fine reprinting old cards.
Pokemon needs to do it more often because people will still buy new stuff regardless. This would help those who can't afford to keep up as much.

Also you actually can use 4 Tierno and 4 Cheren.

Just not 4 Sycamore and 4 Juniper

Last edited:
This card will be the English XY8 prerelease promo. The cards that you get for buying booster boxes always are. No need to worry about it not making it here.

If Skyla does get reprinted in English (I'm neither for nor against this yet) would using Skyla be better than trainer's mail in the XY-on format?

If Skyla does get reprinted in English (I'm neither for nor against this yet) would using Skyla be better than trainer's mail in the XY-on format?

YES.

Trainer's mail only allow you to draw a trainer within your deck's top 5 cards.

Skyla allows you to draw a trainer within your entire deck.

Enough said...

Magic does just fine reprinting old cards.
Pokemon needs to do it more often because people will still buy new stuff regardless. This would help those who can't afford to keep up as much.

Also you actually can use 4 Tierno and 4 Cheren.

Just not 4 Sycamore and 4 Juniper

What I meant to say is why not just do a reprint with a new character but follow the sycamore and juniper rules (didn't know it was only for them and not tierno and cheren) but you can use rotated cards as long as you have a reference of a current card that has the same affect.

YES! A B&W card reprinted as an XY promo! I highly doubt N will be reprinted. It probably is reincarnated in Ace Trainer.

Or you could use both.

Is there any place state-side where I can buy 2 booster boxes, have them shipped stateside, and get the promo? WANT WANT

With Skyla getting a reprinting doesn't it mean that if the rotation was legendary treasures on that they could now reprint plasma energy as a xy promo so that plasma Lugia is still playable?

With Skyla getting a reprinting doesn't it mean that if the rotation was legendary treasures on that they could now reprint plasma energy as a xy promo so that plasma Lugia is still playable?

I hope the next rotation isn't LT on... i wanna be done with the garbo-keldo-darkai-plasma shenanigans T_T
throw it into expanded format and be done!

Hopefully 95/98 of ancient origins will be either FA promo skyla or FA promo steven . No doubts

Last edited:
Is there any place state-side where I can buy 2 booster boxes, have them shipped stateside, and get the promo? WANT WANT

Unlikely, since these sorts of promos are typically only available at physical stores. If you want the promo, you'll probably have to order it as a single via reseller on Ebay or Y!J.

YES.

Trainer's mail only allow you to draw a trainer within your deck's top 5 cards.

Skyla allows you to draw a trainer within your entire deck.

Enough said...

Eh, both will be played.

Skyla is only one supporter per turn, whereas Trainer's Mail is as many as required.

Unlikely, since these sorts of promos are typically only available at physical stores. If you want the promo, you'll probably have to order it as a single via reseller on Ebay or Y!J.
The best option is just to go to Japan. Remember Pikachu from Battle Festa (XY-P Promo 90)? It's selling for hundreds (HKD) on Japan's Yahoo Auction, which is notorious for being that much cheaper than Ebay.

EDIT: And Pikachu was just a participation prize, in an event spanning 5 locations in Japan. Imagine what price the upcoming Umbreon, a winner's prize, will be sold for. (Why did they have to pick Umbreon of all things?)

The best option is just to go to Japan. Remember Pikachu from Battle Festa (XY-P Promo 90)? It's selling for hundreds (HKD) on Japan's Yahoo Auction, which is notorious for being that much cheaper than Ebay.

There are multiple Battle Fiesta Pikachu cards going for US$35 on Ebay, and those cards were much rarer to obtain than a simple booster box promo. A better comparison would be the Celebi (142/XY-P) given out as a Booster Box promotion for XY7, which is basically the exact same thing but for the previous set, and those are going for US$5-10. Something tells me spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a trip to Japan isn't worth it just to buy a Pokémon card. :p

There are multiple Battle Fiesta Pikachu cards going for US$35 on Ebay, and those cards were much rarer to obtain than a simple booster box promo. A better comparison would be the Celebi (142/XY-P) given out as a Booster Box promotion for XY7, which is basically the exact same thing but for the previous set, and those are going for US$5-10. Something tells me spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a trip to Japan isn't worth it just to buy a Pokémon card. :p
35USD = 271HKD. Rather similar to the Yahoo Auction price then.
I assumed you wouldn't go to Japan, get the card, and fly right back. :) You know, you might do something else while you're there.

Last edited:
Back