English Kyurem-EX, Both Entei from 'Ancient Origins'

It's good that the set is small because the pull ratios will be through the roof. I can't understand why they didn't make Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, and Mega Rayquaza non secret rates but I guess it's ok because the price will go down. I still think they should've made Hex Maniac a full art and Ace Trainer a full art in this set but there is always one downfall in each set. Can't wait for Ancient Origins. It won't be hard to complete the set especially because the set is small

Is the difference in the shiny legends colouring due to the scanning or a real change? They look a lot better.
...I hope it is a actual change o.o

Other than that, the name changes are dumb as usual... Scoundrel??? Unseen Claw??? Oh, right... kids.

I totally share your frustration: I'm from Brazil, and the Portuguese versions of pokemon cards are literal translations from their english counterparts. We end up with things like "pokemon center lady" sounding like the nurse actually works on the streets at night, IYKWIM =(

This is why I just decided to start collecting english cards instead... But things like "scoundrel ring" are beginning to make this alternative a little hard as well: now, I'm just curious of how they are going to call it in Portuguese.

Is the difference in the shiny legends colouring due to the scanning or a real change? They look a lot better.
...I hope it is a actual change o.o

It seems they have changed the colouring.I think it looks much better as well

So the numbers make it look like the Shinies are'mt Secret Rare, but some people are saying they are?
Which is it? Even if they were Secret, how easy would it be to pull them from a Case? Still very excited for this set, going to be the first time I buy more than 2 boxes :)

Side by side comparisons, the biggest change was done with Primal Kyogre EX in that they madePrimal Kyogre actually black instead of a navy blue and on all 3 cards, they dimmed the yellow glow and darkened the backgrounds to make the Pokemon stand out more.

I can predict there will be cards I won't be getting when buying a full booster box. It has always been this way and nothing'll ever change. The cards I'll never get will be:
- both versions of M-Sceptile-EX
- both versions of Lugia EX
- at least one version of Kyurem-EX (the normal or full art
and of course those three shiny Hoenn legends. Oh, and maybe that Ancient Trait Entei, too.
Why? Because when I buy a booster box, I never pull the Pokémon I like/want the most. And with Lugia being my absolute favourite Pokémon, well... it looks dim, to say the least.

Even though they made the shiny FA non SR I still don't think the English boxes can beat the pull rates of the Japanese boxes for them lol out of 24 bandit ring boxes I pulled 4 of the rays and 2 each of kyogre and groudon lol not to mention the singles of rayquaza and groudon I bought hahahaha. Just go watch openings on you tube and see how insane the pull rates were for them. If Japan updated their pull rates this much then the English boxes better also up thiers!!! I'm hoping for 8 to 9 UR per box....consistently. lol

How could they change the name of hoops attack lol I don't get it??
Also on another note , did TPCI really call them half arts?? Lol for crying out loud they are not half art!!! They cover more than half of the card ( 3/4 to be precise) so therefore they are not half arts!! By that logic that makes ex's half arts lol

I sure hope the primal/mega secret rares will end up being textured like the other full arts

Also, I don't like "half art"... I already call them Ancient Trait cards, and japan even has a better official name in "Wide Illustration cards"...
I actually prefer the name half-art because ATs have appeared on some Mega/EX as well. When I say "AT" I mean all Pokemon who have them, not just the non-Mega/EX. "Half-art" is admittedly kind of an underwhelming name, but it is more specific about what you're referring to imo.

Last edited:
Well! Guess I'm buying boxes to get those golden cards! :D Since it's not a secret rare should be a little easier :p

So FA Steven is 95, and these cards are secret rare so outside normal ordering rules but inside the main set.

Whoever does card numbering at TPCI is on many drugs right now. I'm guessing they didn't want a "95 card set", so bumped it up to 98 by including these three
I think you're right,sir! or it may be replaced by lugia-EX full art.

Actually, looking at the Japanese ones up close these are a lot more yellow than compared to them if this really is the coloring for the english
They are the same gold as the gold item cards.
Well

96-Primal-Kyogre-EX.jpg

Primal-Kyogre-EX-Bandit-Ring1.jpg

I may be wrong, they don't look too different when comparing. But it looks like to me anyway that the Japanese cards are a bold yellow and the English look like the Secret Rares color-wise. I prefer the darker English tint.

I apologize for asking again, but is the general consensus that the Primals and M Ray are not Secret Rares, or are they just in a weird numbering position?

I apologize for asking again, but is the general consensus that the Primals and M Ray are not Secret Rares, or are they just in a weird numbering position?

They seem to be gold like secret rares but not actually secret rare. The pull rate for them from Japanese boxes seem to suggest they are not secret rare rarity.

Got to say I think that's a good thing. Sometimes regular full art cards have rather high price tags and it will be nice not to have to shell out quiet as much money as would be the case if they were secret rare.

Back