Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, then...

PMJ, whoa, that's quite out of the blue. Or maybe that's because no one has revealed information that major since like forever. And since you seem to have stated a lot about your role already, a proper role claim post probably wouldn't hurt. Though you did get Luis off my back the other day (whether that was intentional or not), so I'm a little inclined to believe your role.

Say, Celever, is your claim simply being town? Not going to reveal at least if you're a character that's aligned with the good guys in the show? I've tried re-reading and checking a bit and it does seem like your claim to town-ship is simply having known the town win condition before someone posted their role, and somehow everyone else just rolled with it without raising a confirmation check or something similar. Did you post your role before and I just can't find it digging through the past days' posts? Then again, I subbed in for someone and wasn't here from the beginning, so I've probably missed a day or night...

Well that was a rather interesting day while I was gone. I'm not sure whether to believe his claim, since he could be an actual avatar or just scum making a desperate move. I admit that I haven't been paying enough attention to notice vote counts (assuming they were there, I don't remember), but if the information adds up then we might have some pretty important information which like drac pointed out we haven't seen in a while. But at the moment I do believe pmj seems more legit than celever, just from what I've read.
A tentative ##VOTE: Celever

Apologies for spewing out random theories but what if Red Lotus was actually one of the active members but not submitting kills to try get everyone to suspect the inactives? I know it's a wild guess but it could be a slim possibility...
No vote from me for now, since we still have some time (I think).

That's ridiculous and a terrible strategy.

Sorry for the no elaboration before, I was on mobile.

Inactive scum leaders do not exist. I think Celever is giving us the runaround. So my vote goes to him unless we get a cool lead since apparently all the power roles are dead because no one has come forward with any information and we're on day seven.

I'm still on board for a Celever lynch, he's so suspicious it almost seems to override his "clearing" which isn't really that clear imo.

I'd also be unwilling to go after PMJ at this point. I find it ridiculous that a scum member (when they're doing so well) would make such as scene as PMJ has. The scum strategy would be to lynch inactives they know to be town (as Celever recommends).

Well, then...

PMJ, whoa, that's quite out of the blue. Or maybe that's because no one has revealed information that major since like forever. And since you seem to have stated a lot about your role already, a proper role claim post probably wouldn't hurt. Though you did get Luis off my back the other day (whether that was intentional or not), so I'm a little inclined to believe your role.

Say, Celever, is your claim simply being town? Not going to reveal at least if you're a character that's aligned with the good guys in the show? I've tried re-reading and checking a bit and it does seem like your claim to town-ship is simply having known the town win condition before someone posted their role, and somehow everyone else just rolled with it without raising a confirmation check or something similar. Did you post your role before and I just can't find it digging through the past days' posts? Then again, I subbed in for someone and wasn't here from the beginning, so I've probably missed a day or night...
I claimed Day 1, but sure.

Celever - Uncle Iroh - Firebender - Town

You were an extremely wise firebender, who appreciated balance both in nature and in the bending arts. You helped guide your nephew, Zuko, away from his path of destruction and revenge after his banishment from the Fire Nation towards one of peace. When you died, your spirit moved to the spirit world, where you resided until Harmonic Divergence made you manifest in Republic City. As a high ranking member of the White Lotus, you are deeply disturbed by the sudden appearance of the Red Lotus, and their reckless ambitions that would throw the world wildly out of balance.

Bending Ability - Spirituality

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. Due to your strong connections to the spirit world, you are able to live on as a spirit after your death. If you die, you will only lose your ability to vote (you may still post in the thread) and your role PM will not be posted in the update. If your bending is removed after this, you will die and your role PM will be posted.

Win Condition - Eliminate all threats to the town.

Obviously there's no formatting there because Role PMs are in quote tags and with the new forum software you can't get format tags through c/p (except apparently bold carries over >_>).

My claim is that I knew the Win Condition before it was possible for anyone besides a townie to know it; the win condition in the example role PM in the OP was actually incorrect at the time, and no one else had claimed up to that point. That's cleaning beyond a doubt.

It's more than what most people have claimed. Any reason not to believe him, or really to suspect him at all?

It's really quite unnecessary to go and get posts, especially since no one else is echoing your thoughts.

Sorry, I didn't know that asking someone to provide proof of their innocence required a majority vote. You're being evasive...why? If you're so completely town then you should have no issues pointing it out, right? The fact that you're refusing to just makes you look even more suspicious. Tt might always be scum but I'm cool with lynching someone for a real reason.

I would post my role pm but since celever is the only one asking, I don't see a reason to! Lololololololoolololl

Look at the post where Luis was killed, it will confirm both abilities I mentioned. I will post it later tonight once I get home but that should be proof enough that I'm not lying.

##unvote: twistedturtwig
##vote: celever

Ninja. I will read all this stuff when I get home. I hate posting on mobile.

Sorry, I didn't know that asking someone to provide proof of their innocence required a majority vote. You're being evasive...why? If you're so completely town then you should have no issues pointing it out, right? The fact that you're refusing to just makes you look even more suspicious. Tt might always be scum but I'm cool with lynching someone for a real reason.

I would post my role pm but since celever is the only one asking, I don't see a reason to! Lololololololoolololl

Look at the post where Luis was killed, it will confirm both abilities I mentioned. I will post it later tonight once I get home but that should be proof enough that I'm not lying.

##unvote: twistedturtwig
##vote: celever
Because it's a huge hassle and nothing would be accomplished by it?

I'm tempted to say that your scum team managed to inspect an avatar and you've claimed the guy's abilities fsr. It's really out of the blue and refusing to post the actual role PM is just scummy for no reason.

Because it's a huge hassle and nothing would be accomplished by it?

I'm sorry you think proving your innocence is such a hassle. If you claim to have proof that you are confirmed town then the burden of proof is on you to prove it. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass and looking like an ultra scum lord while doing it.

I'm tempted to say that your scum team managed to inspect an avatar and you've claimed the guy's abilities fsr. It's really out of the blue and refusing to post the actual role PM is just scummy for no reason.

Clearly you did not detect my sarcasm in my previous post. Not to mention that your reasoning is garbage because I have already submitted proof that I'm telling the truth. There is no way it could be a safe claim if it's been shown that I have a double vote and I killed Luis. You're grasping at straws now and it gives me giggles. Lynch this scum.

By the way, nice try tryna make me look like I wasn't forthcoming, but I said in my previous post that I would post my role PM after I got home.

So here it is:
PMJ - Avatar Korra - Waterbender - Town

As the current Avatar, you know about the threats facing you and the rest of the world more than most. Confusing visions of the Red Lotus swarm in your mind; they feel like memories, but you’re sure that that never happened. Or did it? You have suffered the mind numbing fear of Amon’s power to take someone’s bending away, and the thought that he could be back scares you out of your mind. The one benefit of Harmonic Divergence is that you were able to re-fuse with Raava and restore your past lives, but it feels like small comfort with the terrifying forces out there. You know you have to stop Harmonic Divergence, not just for the world at large, but for your own sanity.

Bending Ability - Reckless Justice

You may use this ability once during the game in the day. Your fast paced fighting style and bending abilities have helped you over the years to get quick answers out of people you’ve been suspicious of, although sometimes your reckless approach can get you into trouble. This ability is used by posting during the day “##VOTEE: Player”. If that player is not a member of the town they will be lynched immediately and the day will end. However if that player is a member of the town your identity will be revealed in the end of day update.

Non-Bending Ability - Influence

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. As the Avatar you have an influential presence in Republic City, and even if you can’t openly reveal your identity for fear of the Red Lotus your opinion still holds a great deal of weight and is universally accepted. This ability causes your vote weight to be two rather than one.

Non-Bending Ability - Avatar

You are able to speak freely with your fellow Avatars in the Avatar QuickTopic, with the link you all share through Raava. This ability cannot be blocked in any way.

Here is the safe claim I received from Ice Espeon. Formatting is present because he included it in the qt

PMJ - Tenzin - Airbender - Town

You are Avatar Aang’s son and were the first airbender to be born in over a century. You are an airbending master and you are well versed in the history and traditions of the Air Nomads having been taught by your father. You served on the United Republic Council as the representative of the Air Nation until it was dissolved and were Avatar Korra’s mentor in airbending and spirituality. Harmonic Divergence has brought your father back, and you are determined to defend Republic City and Avatar Korra from the dangerous threats of the Equalists and the Red Lotus in order to restore peace and balance to the world.

Bending Ability - Influence

This ability is passive and is in effect for the duration of the game. As a former councilman you have a large amount of respect in Republic City and your opinion holds a great deal of weight and is universally accepted. This ability causes your vote weight to be two rather than one.

And before anyone says anything about slipping, all the avatars have safe claims because we need them in the event of a mass claim. This is how Celever knew the town's win condition: it was given to him as part of his safe claim. Funny how his ability is only provable upon his death. We have no reason not to lynch Celever now. He can still act as a townie in good faith after death. Vote Celever. Let's get this game moving.

OK, well I clearly didn't know that scum were given full safe claims with the right Win Condition, else I wouldn't have been resting on my laurels all this time. If a clean townie plays well they look scummy, because the most productive way to play involves using many scum tells.

We also don't actually know that the scum have been give safe claims. There are two dead and I don't remember whether we lynched either of them or whether they were nightkills, but they both certainly didn't claim.

My role is also a highly irregular safe claim. If the host provides safe claims for a mafia team, 99% of the time they are just the mafia team's abilities with different flavour, even if they have somewhat scummy roles. This is also exactly what IE has done with PMJ's safe claim, since he was a mayor in his first role PM and his safe claim claims mayor too. Being able to talk after death would be pretty useless for a scum member...

Also PMJ, why do you think that I'm a part of the Red Lotus and not the Equalists? It's foolish to think that even if at the start of the game only "king Red Lotus" would be able to submit a kill that the same is still true now. When problems like this arise while hosting you have to be flexible and you have to adapt, and I'm sure Ice Espeon is a good enough host to know this.

Any more questions? I guess I'm back to being a suspect since my cleanness was unknowingly to me not real this whole time, so I've just had a really scummy game and I'm not even clean. Excellent >_>

I'm gonna trust PMJ on this one.. since AtA probably gonna get modkilled anyway

##UNVOTE: AlexanderTheAwesome

##VOTE: Celever

This lynch is so half-baked it's not even funny.

Anyway, on the 14th of June (IDR which phase this is) IE sent this to me:
The Equalists have removed your bending abilities and you are now a non-bender.
I didn't tell anyone because it means that the Red Lotus can now nightkill me for good. This means that the equalists are still pretty active, though the 14th of June was about 2 weeks ago, so it was night 5.

Furthermore, TwistedTurtwig sent me an item on June the 12th, which was during Day 5 I guess. It was on this day he claimed, and he proved his role so he's probably town. I'm not going to say what the item is since it's decently powerful surprise for us, and I won't disclose who I passed the item on to during the start of day 6 (it wasn't safe for me to hold onto it after my bending was removed). It could play a nice little purpose, or do absolutely nothing, but regardless it's still a nice little game mechanic.

Best of luck. I feel the need to point out that PMJ has tried to lynch two townies today, one who was formerly clean and one who is currently clean. Don't count him out just because he's claimed an avatar.

Looking at today I have noticed that @TheGuy has popped in to say not a lot, as has @Teal. These two could be decent suspects to look at in the future, right now I'm going to...

##UNVOTE: AtA
##VOTE: TheGuy

...that was interesting. I feel tempted to believe PMJ's claim just because it looks decent, but he also seems like the type to be able to come up with such a good fake claim. That said I'm leaning towards believing him anyway.
Not 100% sure but celever seems like he's AtE-ing? That's what it seems like to me, so my vote stays.

...that was interesting. I feel tempted to believe PMJ's claim just because it looks decent, but he also seems like the type to be able to come up with such a good fake claim. That said I'm leaning towards believing him anyway.
Not 100% sure but celever seems like he's AtE-ing? That's what it seems like to me, so my vote stays.
That post was completely matter of fact. Where's the emotive language? >_>

Celever I will rip your post apart when I get home from work.

##Vote: Celever

I've always been suspicious of Celever and PMJ's revelation only seals the deal.

Yeah, take a look at TheGuy tomorrow please.

Teal seems quite town to me, but I'm not sure why since he could also easily be mafia. He's a good target too.

Oh, finally, someone else reveals that the Equalists are still working somehow. It's strangely comforting yet worrying at the same time. I was beginning to think that I might have just imagined that the Equalists exist and that my targetting by them was just a fever dream lol.

Hmm... Celever's claim seems okay at a glance but---

I dunno, I'm just really wary of roles and claims that can only be proven upon death, as they are very commonly claimed by people who turn out to be anti-town, from my experience of previous WW games. It's probably because it's easy to post and even if and when pressured to prove your town-ness, you can easily skip out on it because you have a "valid" reason to say that you can't prove it in a conventional way.

That last bit on the end of post #1449 seems so sudden too. You say you suspect both TheGuy and Teal for nearly the same reason, so what made you jump on TheGuy first? What about him made him different or more suspect than Teal that you'd be pushed to vote for him first? If TheGuy's a worthier lynch candidate, by all means, post reasons to suspect him and you might convince me this isn't some hurried vote.

As for PMJ... you're being surprisingly very open. Though I do agree the proofs are there before the role got posted so, it checks out too. Still, maybe it's just paranoia, but PMJ seems like he's being waaaaay too open that it feels like he's plotting something, which I wouldn't put past him knowing what he's done in previous games.

Oh, finally, someone else reveals that the Equalists are still working somehow. It's strangely comforting yet worrying at the same time. I was beginning to think that I might have just imagined that the Equalists exist and that my targetting by them was just a fever dream lol.

Hmm... Celever's claim seems okay at a glance but---

I dunno, I'm just really wary of roles and claims that can only be proven upon death, as they are very commonly claimed by people who turn out to be anti-town, from my experience of previous WW games. It's probably because it's easy to post and even if and when pressured to prove your town-ness, you can easily skip out on it because you have a "valid" reason to say that you can't prove it in a conventional way.

That last bit on the end of post #1449 seems so sudden too. You say you suspect both TheGuy and Teal for nearly the same reason, so what made you jump on TheGuy first? What about him made him different or more suspect than Teal that you'd be pushed to vote for him first? If TheGuy's a worthier lynch candidate, by all means, post reasons to suspect him and you might convince me this isn't some hurried vote.

As for PMJ... you're being surprisingly very open. Though I do agree the proofs are there before the role got posted so, it checks out too. Still, maybe it's just paranoia, but PMJ seems like he's being waaaaay too open that it feels like he's plotting something, which I wouldn't put past him knowing what he's done in previous games.
Well, TheGuy and Teal are both doing the bare minimum, but TheGuy seems to be doing less somehow. I'm not entirely sure. It's like neither are contributing at all but Teal's trying to a little bit? It's all just vibes so I'd take it with a grain of salt, though it still stands that both are displaying scummy behaviour of some description.

Also I'm being open about PMJ because his claiming an avatar as scum would just make no sense. The only way he would be able to know about the avatar is if he inspected him, and so there are two things for this user to be:
1) Inactive, will be modkilled, PMJ lynched immediately after
2) Active, counterclaims PMJ, PMJ lynched immediately after

Maybe PMJ's doing some sort of last resort punt to try and get town numbers below that of scum once the modkills happen? This would mean that there are multiple active scum, and a PMJ + TheGuy + Teal scumteam is actually entirely feasible, if maybe a little out there.

And yeah, my role is only provable after death buuuuut oh well. Scum tend to not claim these types of roles any more anyway, they always get lynched if they do. They think of creative active roles like my Mafalda Hopkirk (still really proud of that fake :3) from Luis' Harry Potter mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back