Finished Free For All ~ Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

Wheeeee~
vyNPJfj.png

Free For All, or FFA for short, is a new forum game which is centred around alliances, backstabbing and betrayal. So, all the makings of a great forum game, right?

Premise of the Game:
  • Each player in this game has 3 targets, these targets being other players.
  • Winning is simple: as soon as your three targets die, you win and are removed from the game. However, you cannot win once dead. If you take out all your targets but then die in the same cycle, you will still win.
  • Players die when their HP hits 0.
Signing Up and Pre-Game:
  • The optimal and maximum number of players is 24. However, the game can also be run with 15, 18 or 21 players, depending on popularity.
  • To sign up, all you need to do is post in the thread saying so.
  • Your sign-up post must include a fictional character.
Role PM:
  • When the desired number of players is reached, each player will be given a Role PM. Here is an example Role PM:
Dear [alias],
You are [role name].

[paragraph of flavour]

[cyclical action]

Max HP: X
Attack: Y

You win if you eliminate A, B and C.

• The alias will be the player’s “name” during the game. This will be what gets targeted by the cyclical actions and attacks, and what is lynched.
  • The Role Name, randomly chosen by the list of fictional characters suggested by players when they sign up for the game, is what plants a target on a player’s back: all players need three names dead in order to win.
  • The paragraph of flavour is pretty much unnecessary, but why not?
  • A cyclical action is a special attribute for a player (and all cyclical actions will be unique) which gives them a special power to use each cycle. For example, a cyclical action could be blocking another player from using their cyclical action, or healing a certain amount of HP for a targeted alias. Cyclical actions can also be passive, such as healing a certain amount of HP for yourself each cycle.
  • Max HP is the total HP a player has at the start of the game. Once this HP hits 0, the player dies, so think about it carefully throughout the game.
  • Attack is the amount of hit points a player can take off of their targeted alias each cycle. This total will be a number between 0 and 4, though oftentimes it will be 2-3 points.
  • A, B and C are three other Role Names present in the game. Once all of A, B and C are dead, our player in this example Role PM will win.
Game Structure:
  • This game is in cycles.
  • In each cycle, two things happen. The first is a cyclical lynch: a player will be lynched every cycle, even if no lynch votes are placed or the lynch ends in a tie. RANDOM.org will solve these instances for us.
  • The second thing that happens is all of the actions. All players will submit something to Celever, the host, whether this be their cyclical action and their attack, or just their attack; cyclical actions can be passive.
  • Each cycle will last a total of 96 hours, or when all actions are submitted and a majority is found on the lynch. Deadlines may decrease as the amount of live players lessens, and deadline extensions can be handed out at any time if I’m given an adequate reason for it.
  • The game will continue until every player is either dead or a winner.
Sportsmanship Rules:
  • OC is not only permitted, but arguably necessary if you want to stand a chance of winning. You can use a variety of OC tools, but using the PokeBeach IRC server (found here) is definitely recommended. Talking to others in real time is very useful for alliance building and negotiations. Skype is also useful for this, but I know that lots of people can’t get it for whatever reason. If you need any help with IRC just let me know, since I’m quite experienced with it.
  • Don’t edit posts
  • Don’t delete posts
  • Don’t screenshot anything
  • Violation of any of the above 3 rules will result in immediate modkill. Don’t do it.
If you have any questions or want clarification about anything to do with the game, feel free to ask!

Signups:
1) bbninjas
2) GM DracLord
3) PMJ
4) Vom
5) Jeremy1026
6) Brave Vesperia
7) MrIronGolem27
8) Ice Espeon
9) raichulover11
10) The Fire Wyrm
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh sweet! I love this game idea. It feels like Werewolf mixed with Vigilantes, by still very different!

Anyway in w/ Amy Rose cause I'm going to laugh at whoever gets her.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Sure, I'll try this. Baby Rosalina is my character of choice. :>

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In with Light from Death Note! Certainly looks fun :D

Celever

Wheeeee~
Haha all these characters have been really good so far! Good choices guys ;)

I'm a little disappointed though. I was expecting all the Americans to sign up overnight, but nada. I knew that Forum Games was dying, but not this much ;~;.

At this rate, sign ups will probably remain open until IE's WereWolf game ends. I can see some players jumping on here off the back of that.

MrIronGolem27

Primal Dialga!
I'm in as...

...hmm...I'd sound silly choosing something random from a book, rather than a movie/video game...but that makes it all the more painful!

Eh, screw it. I choose Princess Peach, because I'm going to laugh at whoever gets her.

(How ironic it would be if bbninjas gets Peach and I get Amy Rose...)

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
I'll sign up, wynaut?

If only so that someone can have the pleasure of being Sugarboy from Fairy Tail :p

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I'm in as...

...hmm...I'd sound silly choosing something random from a book, rather than a movie/video game...but that makes it all the more painful!

Eh, screw it. I choose Princess Peach, because I'm going to laugh at whoever gets her.

(How ironic it would be if bbninjas gets Peach and I get Amy Rose...)
If bbninjas gets Peach...he would be Princess bbninjas again! (And I, ofc, would need to be a prince :V)

Only a couple of people here will get it

Celever

Wheeeee~
@bbninjas has made us all this lovely banner and this lovely logo:
PP5T50O.png
vyNPJfj.png

Hopefully when bb gets home he can resize the logo into a more acceptable sig size so we can get to marketing the game and actually starting in the next year. Everyone like his above post to thank him for his hard work. n_n

Edit: NVM the banner is for advertising. The logo is for the OP. It all makes sense now! >~<

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
but I thought the nicer one would go in the OP ;_;

I'll still resize the logo so people can put it in their sig cause its prettier though that will have to come a bit later today. Otherwise, people can use the banner for their sig like normal people.

raichulover11

Levy-chan
ME ME ME
I choose Ichiya (to honor my friend and so someone has an excuse to say parfum)
:) You're not the only one Ice Espeon

So tell me, do we get random characters? If so, then oh no

Celever

Wheeeee~
ME ME ME
I choose Ichiya (to honor my friend and so someone has an excuse to say parfum)
:) You're not the only one Ice Espeon

So tell me, do we get random characters? If so, then oh no
Yeah, everyone's characters are assigned to them randomly from the list of characters you guys make.

So you might end up being Ichiya if you're lucky! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.