Which Video Games Deserve to be Featured in Trading Card Games?

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
As I was looking through the Fan Fakes thread, I stumbled upon BigfootAUS' Pikachu & Greninja Super Smash Brothers promotional card, which got me thinking a bit: should there be a TCG for Super Smash Brothers, and if so, what would it be played like? On that note, are there any other Video Game franchises that should get a Trading Card Game of their own? For example: Skyrim TCG, The Legend of Zelda TCG, etc.

I personally would love to see a Trading Card Game featuring Kirby. Decks could be comprised of Item-like cards that give Kirby different Copy Abilities, and Gimmick-like cards could be used to do all sorts of different things, such as a Maximum Tomato that heals damage from YOUR Kirby, or Invincibility Candy that stops you from recieving damage for a turn. Variations of the game could even be made so 4 people could play against eachother at the same time!

What are your thoughts?

AlexanderTheAwesome

Go! Chandelure!
I'm not exactly sure why there is no super smash TCG, it seems perfect with the plethora of characters it has and each having its own moveset, along with all the items and stages. That would be rocking

Id quite pokemon TCG for that ;)

Milennin

*Hugs Absol*
The problem is that most videogames don't have an universe big and detailed enough to support a TCG with thousands of unique cards. But maybe some of the older franchises like Zelda or Sonic would be able to have their own TCG (wouldn't surprise me if there already is one for those, but I haven't checked...)

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I have quiet a few thoughts on this, both as a long time tcg player and as someone who has done some unofficial official development for a real tcg after the company stopped making the card game and became run by a commitee. I could post those thoughts if anyone is interested.

I think a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ccg would be neat. I grew up with them as cartoons, as comics and as video games. I would've, and probably still would if it ever happened, in a hearbeat. Though all of those medias are were some of my thoughts come from so...

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
DarkMatterGaming said:
I personally would love to see a Killing Floor or a Megaman Card Game; the Battle Network series set it up perfectly!

Oddly, the Mega Man NT Warrior series spawned a TCG already that released way back in the early 2000's. There were only 3 sets, and while I don't own any of the cards, I think the game itself stays pretty true to the excellent combat mechanics of the actual game.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
GadgetJax said:
DarkMatterGaming said:
I personally would love to see a Killing Floor or a Megaman Card Game; the Battle Network series set it up perfectly!

Oddly, the Mega Man NT Warrior series spawned a TCG already that released way back in the early 2000's. There were only 3 sets, and while I don't own any of the cards, I think the game itself stays pretty true to the excellent combat mechanics of the actual game.

I just researched it and... damn that looks interesting! I wonder if it has anything online sim... probably not.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
It should probably be noted that there are a lot of anime and probably also game related TCGs that can for the most part only be found in Japan. P:

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
It should probably be noted that there are a lot of anime and probably also game related TCGs that can for the most part only be found in Japan. P:

IDK, last I checked, Weiss Schwarz is available in English. Then again, I don;t think all the sets were localized yet.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm pretty excited about the Fire Emblem Cipher TCG, though I don't think it's likely that it'll be released in English, which is a shame, since it seems like a really cool game.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I didn't mean Weiss Schwarz (I have English some WS cards myself) but completely separate TCGs.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach

I got a few starter decks and have played a few times. In the few games I played, the game was pretty bad. The matches were not very balanced and the only win condition is to deck your opponent out. There was also a lot of cards that let you randomly grab cards out of your discard pile. Felt odd shuffling my discard pile, and so frequently. Having lasted only 3 sets does not surprise me in the least.

I'm not a big fan of the TCGs where you have a character. I would say DBZ is the best character based TCG I have played, but still had pacing and play I didn't like. DBZ also has multiple win conditions which is nice. I'm a big Mega Man fan, but I want one that is not character based. Maybe more of a 'monster' TCG where you 'summon' and battle with robot masters instead of being one.

Not a TCG, but I think the Pikmin franchise would make a great resource management board game (perhaps a boardgame/card game hybrid).

The Fire Wyrm

Aspiring Trainer
Diablo
Spending hours and hours of your time in order to find that one rare is the best part of card games anyways.
Also because D3 was pretty much the only game where I was actually really good at...