• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Shedinja / Dugtrio

festizzio

Desu
Pokemon : 20
  • 4 Nincada RS
  • 3 Shedinja RS
  • 4 Diglett XY
  • 3 Dugtrio XY
  • 3 Eevee
  • 1/2 Jolteon AOR
  • 1/2 Flareon AOR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums : 32
  • 2 Wally
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Evosoda
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Training Center
Energy : 8
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 4 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is to get out Dugtrio first, hit with his first attack for 60-100 damage while damaging benched Nincadas for 20-30 damage, then send up Shedinja with Training Center and hit for 150-170 plus possible weakness. I just came back into the game, so I would appreciate any help. I was also considering Gyarados AOR instead of Shedinja, higher possible damage output and higher HP, but requires two energy to attack instead of one. I was also considering Team Magma's Secret Base, but it seems clunkier than this version since I can have consistent damage output while setting up Shedinja.

Edit: I should also explain the 4-3 lines, I want to have the highest chance of starting with Diglett as he's my first attacker, and many Nincada so I can damage as many as possible with Dugtrio. Otherwise they would both be 3-3.

Flareon – Fire – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Flare Effect
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Stage 1 Pokemon are [R] as well as their original type.

[R][C][C] Heat Breath: 60+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Vaporeon – Water – HP90

Ability: Aqua Effect
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Stage 1 Pokemon are [W] as well as their original type.

[W][C][C] Hydro Splash: 70 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 2

Jolteon – Lightning – HP90

Ability: Electric Effect
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Stage 1 Pokemon are [L] as well as their original type.

[L][C][C] Thunder Blast: 80 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 0

Gyarados – Water – HP130
Stage 1 – Evolves from Magikarp

Theta Double: This Pokemon can have 2 Pokemon Tool cards attached to it.

[C][C] Counterattack: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage times the number of damage counters on all of your Benched Magikarp.

[W][W][C][C] Thrash: 100+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage. If tails, this Pokemon does 30 damage to itself.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Retreat: 3

Last edited:

FlippersMCgee

Aspiring Trainer
4 Wally is a bit too much, as fess ably it's only useful first turn, i would bump it down to two, also 9 different fighting energy is also a bit much, Also I understand the 4-3 lines for the others, but why the eevee? You wouldn't want to start with that. I would remove the aforementioned cards and put in three VS seeker as it helps you recycle trainers and another trainers mail for draw
Edit: I should clarify my self with the energy, only remove one

Last edited:

festizzio

Desu
4 Wally is a bit too much, as fess ably it's only useful first turn, i would bump it down to two, also 9 different fighting energy is also a bit much, Also I understand the 4-3 lines for the others, but why the eevee? You wouldn't want to start with that. I would remove the aforementioned cards and put in three VS seeker as it helps you recycle trainers and another trainers mail for draw
Edit: I should clarify my self with the energy, only remove one
Thanks for the suggestions. I was originally thinking 4 Wally, because if I go second I can attack right away. 4 Wally gives a good chance of starting with it, but 2 doesn't and I might even want to remove it altogether if I'm not running 4. Everything else makes good sense. I also removed Vaporeon and going to add one more of either Jolteon or Flareon, depending on my local future meta.