Contest June's Create A Card: Fully Evolved Basics! (Official Results!)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Image-based sign-ups have now increased to 20! That means 5 more spots for fakers, so get those spots while they're hot! :D

Nyora

A Cat
My text-entry:

Shuckle– Fighting – HP70
Basic Pokémon

shuckle.gif

Ability: Shellf-defense
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon if that damage is 70 or more.

[F] Wrap 10: The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[F][C] Shack a Mole. Whenever your opponent plays a Item card from his or her hand during his or her next turn, your opponent flips a coin. If tails, that card has no effect, put 20 damage in your opponent’s Active Pokémon. (Your opponent still discards that card.)

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1
WOAH! You realize you said, put TWENTY damage counter on your opponents active pokemon?!

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Just as a clarification. I’ve severed all ties with the judging and organisation of CaC for reasons I don’t feel the need to go into. I bear no ill will towards any of the remaining CaC staff (I wish I could say the same for the staff in general), and I certainly don’t want to punish you guys for something out of your control. I had most of the entries judged (though I would still have to double-check them). I’m not sure I can bring myself to judge the remaining entries and compile them into a neat post at this point. Posting them here might also seem disrespectful to the current winners (though I would personally consider it a hollow victory). So here’s what I’ll do: if you send me a PM I’ll gladly send you your review and score. If I hadn’t gotten to you yet, I’ll try to judge your entry as soon as possible.

I love this contest and certainly wouldn’t want to see it degenerate into a simple popularity contest, but I feel I can no longer give it my support. Here’s hoping you guys are allowed to get honest results and reviews next round. I’m sure bbninjas will do a fine job for text-based, and I hope the new image-based judge will do a good job as well. Good luck, and perhaps I’ll join you guys again as a participant in a later contest.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Thank you for offering to post critiques for last month's contest, HS, very awesome of you. <3

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
And yes, Spoon was kind enough to spill the beans that I'm judging Create a Card Text this month ^_^

which means I can have some fun with Luis' entry

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
WOAH! You realize you said, put TWENTY damage counter on your opponents active pokemon?!
Mmmmm yes.... What's the problem?

The attack is based on "Whack a mole" (for all the holes of Shuckle shell that can hide its head like the game). When you hit the mole you win (heads), when you fail (tails) you hit another place (like your Active Pokémon in my "reinterpretation" of the game).

Moreover, that damage can't be modified benefit (Strong Energy doesn't affect, Muscle Band neither) but can be reduced (Hard Charm, Rhyperior HA Ability...), so i think is not an OP attack.

Reggie McGigas

-
I can judge image based again if no one else wants to step up. I havent faked image in a long time though and the last time I judged it was last year so if anyone else with more experience would like to volunteer then they should judge.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
managed to get it done quite quickly ^_^ here is my entry, also sorry but couldn't do the 'é' when typing pokemon and i couldn't insert one in either so the spelling iv'e done is gonna have to do :3
Not sure what image manipulation program you're using, but I know on Photoshop (as with most sites, including this one), [alt] + é forms the accent symbol, and then you type é again to put the letter under it.
If that fails, you can always find the é somewhere else, and then copy-paste it in.

TheEpicBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
Not sure what image manipulation program you're using, but I know on Photoshop (as with most sites, including this one), [alt] + é forms the accent symbol, and then you type é again to put the letter under it.
If that fails, you can always find the é somewhere else, and then copy-paste it in.
i was using paint.net as i was using my laptop not pc due to having to rest in bed as i dislocated my ankle and i tried alt+e and other methods but it didnt work and also it doesn't let you paste into the text which is annoying and frustrating

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my entry!

631.gif

Heatmor
– Fire – HP110
Basic

Ability: Spicy Appetite
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a [R] energy from your hand to search your deck for a Durant, reveal it, and place it on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[R][R][C] Explosive Feast: 40+ damage. Does 40 damage plus 30 for each Durant on your Bench. Then, discard those Durant cards (your opponent does not take a prize for any).

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides.

xaej806

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hey there, TheEpicBidoof..

If your computer has a number pad, try pressing alt 1 3 0 then releasing all keys at once.. should give you a pretty little é

Otaku

The wise fool?
I don't suppose there is a "reserve" list in case someone bows out after having already signed up?

On the unlikely chance there is, I'd like to be on it for a text based entry... since I managed to completely forget to check for sign-ups for this month's contest while pining away for the results of last months. >_<

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I don't suppose there is a "reserve" list in case someone bows out after having already signed up?

On the unlikely chance there is, I'd like to be on it for a text based entry... since I managed to completely forget to check for sign-ups for this month's contest while pining away for the results of last months. >_<

Sorry, but no, there isn't. Best I can say is to follow the thread and check back occasionally if someone drops out and a new spot is open. I will post here and updated the news post if/when new spots for either category are available for any reason.

TheEpicBidoof

Aspiring Trainer
Deleted the post with the previous image, realized I missed a few details out at the bottom of the image.
Also tried every other recommendation for getting 'é' into 'Pokémon' however the editing software I am using does not allow me to even copy+paste it into the image, so this is gonna have to do, thanks to everyone who tried to help though ^_^

Attachments

• Lapras EX Full Art.jpg
    Lapras EX Full Art.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 177

Nyora

A Cat
Mmmmm yes.... What's the problem?

The attack is based on "Whack a mole" (for all the holes of Shuckle shell that can hide its head like the game). When you hit the mole you win (heads), when you fail (tails) you hit another place (like your Active Pokémon in my "reinterpretation" of the game).

Moreover, that damage can't be modified benefit (Strong Energy doesn't affect, Muscle Band neither) but can be reduced (Hard Charm, Rhyperior HA Ability...), so i think is not an OP attack.
Yes but TWENTY danpmage counters is 200 damage