Speculation [Theory] The Next Pokemon Games

just lock it
and there won't be a game for 2015 lol its a one year break lol it has been years since there last break
more likely im wrong though this is a Theory
OR... we could change this into an actually theory thread and delete some comments.

This is interesting. I personally doubt that they will make an expansion. I honestly think that DLC will be a thing. Nintendo is getting into it and GF can totally rewrite their X/Y programs to expand the game. I recall on route 22 (maybe?) there is an area beyond that resembles a ryhorn race track but you aren't able to reach it.
I know that GF claimed not to go down the DLC raod, but Sakuria said the same for Smash Bros and look at where we are now.

Generation 7 of pokemon is going to be interesting. Pokemon Bank has greatly influenced the Pokemon games. You have access to all your strong pokemon in the very beginning. That would kill the story and what would be the point to play another Pokemon game?
Pokemon is about battles and competition. Honestly, Pokemon needs to blend itself to something that is similar to smash bros. They both are "fighting" games. But one has an RPG element to it.

When I say blend, I mean that Pokemon should pick some things from what Smash bros does. It's about competition. The main menu of Pokemon should have something as follows:
  • Adventure Mode
  • Competition Mode
  • Battle Grounds
Adventure Mode: would be what we know already, it's the games story mode. You can capture more pokemon and train them there
Competition Mode: should be just that. You have full access to all your Boxes and Bag items and Pokemon (within the game). You select and make teams to use to battle with. This can be local and online. Your Battle Card will save your progress. You battle people online for the Ranking and Non-Ranked. Tournaments will be held and other things.
Battle Grounds: It would be a battle frontier, battle chateau, pokemon world tournament, etc. This is mostly local play/wireless, but rankings are uploaded and downloaded via the internet. This is where you obtain Battle Points.

This would gear the game to all players.

This is interesting. I personally doubt that they will make an expansion. I honestly think that DLC will be a thing. Nintendo is getting into it and GF can totally rewrite their X/Y programs to expand the game. I recall on route 22 (maybe?) there is an area beyond that resembles a ryhorn race track but you aren't able to reach it.
I know that GF claimed not to go down the DLC raod, but Sakuria said the same for Smash Bros and look at where we are now.

Generation 7 of pokemon is going to be interesting. Pokemon Bank has greatly influenced the Pokemon games. You have access to all your strong pokemon in the very beginning. That would kill the story and what would be the point to play another Pokemon game?
Pokemon is about battles and competition. Honestly, Pokemon needs to blend itself to something that is similar to smash bros. They both are "fighting" games. But one has an RPG element to it.

When I say blend, I mean that Pokemon should pick some things from what Smash bros does. It's about competition. The main menu of Pokemon should have something as follows:
  • Adventure Mode
  • Competition Mode
  • Battle Grounds
Adventure Mode: would be what we know already, it's the games story mode. You can capture more pokemon and train them there
Competition Mode: should be just that. You have full access to all your Boxes and Bag items and Pokemon (within the game). You select and make teams to use to battle with. This can be local and online. Your Battle Card will save your progress. You battle people online for the Ranking and Non-Ranked. Tournaments will be held and other things.
Battle Grounds: It would be a battle frontier, battle chateau, pokemon world tournament, etc. This is mostly local play/wireless, but rankings are uploaded and downloaded via the internet. This is where you obtain Battle Points.

This would gear the game to all players.
Pokémon Colosseum and XD had modes like that. Usually in main-series games, they're post-game content only though.

If GameFreak doesn't do it, then I will be the one to make friggin Coliseum/XD sequel for 3DS. Am I wrong thinking the game was well received?

I dont know much about the games I think a new pokemon game announcement made at the E3 conference which is June 16th is very farfetched. The next pokemon game will either be the start of a new generation and cut the XY series short or it will be something like X2Y2 or Z. Pokemon could make a new Pokemon to be paired with Vocanion and have those pokemon be the newest game or games macots. This situation would be similar to that with Lugia and HoHo where they were known about slightly after Red and Blue then those Pokemon being the mascots of the next set of games. It has been almost 2 year since we have had a new game released not ORAS because those were just a remake.

Last edited:
A rumor without any remote source whatsoever?

Yeah I'm sorry, but I'm calling fake (... though honestly some of the points made in that rumor seems like an obvious given that it'll likely happen sooner or later. Mostly the Johto starters getting Mega Evolutions)

1. I found these rumours somewhere and would like to share them... They talk about the next Pokemon games and beyond... Don't forget to take this with a grain of salt but you never know... It may be true
    [Warning: Potential Spoilers Below]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -The next set of Pokemon games will be announced at E3 unless it leaks early in the June Corocoro
    -It'll be a continuation of Pokemon x and y as you dive deeper into kalosian history
    -There will be new "ate" abilities like pixelate and glaciate which will change normal type moves into another type
    -The mascots will be Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y... One will be more ground based and can trap its opponent with Thousand Waves while the other is more air based and can bring flying Pokemon down with Thousand Arrows... They both will have powerful new abilities
    -There will be new mega evolutions in the game including Meganium,Typhlosion,Feraligatr,Flygon,Pangaro,and Malimar
    -Kalos will be updated and expanded and you will be able to get Volcanion finally
    -Near the end of the game AZ will give you his floette
    -Because of this expansion they may add a new region which will be a mysterious place some are calling "East Kalos" which could have a dragon type eevee and new Pokemon including a powerful new legendary!
    -There are a few preliminary release dates for the games after these two... Something special is being planned for 2016... 2017 will be the release of Generation 7... 2019 will be the release of Generation 7s remix which they may release earlier in 2018 instead... Finally in 2020 there will be the release of diamond and pearl remakes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's all I got for now... Remeber to take these with a grain of salt but you never know... It could be true... Don't for get to check over the next few days to see if this rumour will infact some true
  2. Update 1: I fixed some of the spelling and changed the announcement date... It appears that the 21st was a mistranslation... There will be an announcement soon though..
  3. Update 2: This really isn't a "rumour"... It is actually a theory I cooked up with lots of proof....
  4. P.S... This wasnt for fame I just wanted people to know that Pokemon X and Y will be continued and it will be announced soon and will release around December and will have the mega johto starters...
I feel like a lot of this could be a high possibility. However, i have always though that maybe with the new versions of XY coming that they will release the missing "second half" of the Generation 6 Pokemon. Ya know? There was just 69 or so Pokemon released for XY and i found that to be done seemingly intentional. To release a surprisingly large amount of new Pokemon to tie in with a new story and land mass to explore that bridges off XY's linear plot. But that's just me.

-The mascots will be Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y... One will be more ground based and can trap its opponent with Thousand Waves while the other is more air based and can bring flying Pokemon down with Thousand Arrows... They both will have powerful new abilities
--PokeLeaker
Lol yea sure its more likely to be forms or fusions than megas if its getting new moves lol :):cool:

USE A SPOILER WARNING DON'T JUST SAY IT

Last edited:
Lol yea sure its more likely to be forms or fusions than megas if its getting new moves lol :):cool:

USE A SPOILER WARNING DON'T JUST SAY IT
Don't forget that it could also be where Zygarde has to learn a move (Thousand Waves/Arrows) to Mega Evolve, like Rayquaza. Unlikely but possible.

I'm really hoping for a prequel, back when the original weapon was created and AZ's story arc is in it. Maybe we could have fossil pokemon running around. AND it could be based on Renaissance France!

So many ideas for a prequel.

Also I need a hard mode. Anyone ever play the difficult pokemon hacks like Pure White and Pitch Black? Doesn't need to be that hard, but anything that requires some competitive-style skill would be welcome. Or maybe a few more double battles in the story.

I'm really hoping for a prequel, back when the original weapon was created and AZ's story arc is in it. Maybe we could have fossil pokemon running around. AND it could be based on Renaissance France!
What an incredibly innovative idea... and therefore highly unlikely. I want to live in that world.

What an incredibly innovative idea... and therefore highly unlikely. I want to live in that world.

Maybe since game freak has been trying to 'shake things up' (with sequels instead of a third version, for instance) they'll be open to a prequel and get creative with it!

I can only hope...

Some people are saying they won't unveil the new games at E3 because they never have before. Anyone agree/disagree with that?

Actually, it would be cool if they have a different type of Team Flare, like something that represents the French Revolution that they had, but instead it's the entire Kalos region. Like one side wants to get rid of Monarchies and become democratic because of the actions of king AZ, while the other side believes that we need to forgive and stay with the system. You are then fated to choose a side and depending on what you battle/choose will determine how your Zygarde mega evolves or what moves it can learn at the end of the game.

Back