• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Biting Blade (M Gallade EX / Crobat)

SHBandit

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18
  • 3 Gallade EX
  • 3 M Gallade EX
  • 3 Zubat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 3 Crobat
  • 1 Sigilyph(safeguard)
  • 1 Deoxys
  • 1 Shaymin EX (set up)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 3 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Scoop Up Cyclone
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Silent Lab
Energy: 8
  • 7 Psychic Energy
  • 1 Mystery Energy
Possible Additions:

Mr Mime (Bench Barrier)
Pokemon Fan Club
Hypnotoxic Laser
Enhanced Hammer
Silent Lab

Strategy:

The main strategy with this deck is to try and get deoxys or latios EX to start and attacking turn 1 whilst powering up Mega Gallade on the bench. Golbat can be used to attack and hit all the bench pokemon for 10 damage before Mega Gallade comes in to attack for bench damage and 110 to the active.

Golbat and Crobat are also used for their ability to hit the bench for extra damage before Mega Gallade attacks. Mega Gallade can be powered up quickly if one is knocked out with the use of energy attachment and Mega Turbo, coupled with dimension valley for 2 energy attacks. Mystery Energy for if there is a need to retreat but not too many since Enhanced Hammer is rampant.
Super Scoops can be used to reset a damaged Gallade or a Crobat line for extra damage.

Extra addition could be silent lab to handle safeguard pokemon. Mr Mime helps protect your own bench from damage but it can also be shut off with silent lab. Enhanced hammer is a good option to discard opponents special energy and laser can be used to force the retreat before mega gallade attacks for damage on the bench because of poison damage.

Let me know how this deck can be improved. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Pokemon: 17
  • 3 Gallade EX
  • 3 M Gallade EX
  • 3 Zubat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 3 Crobat
  • 1 Latios EX
  • 1 Deoxys
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Dimension Valley
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Lysandre's Trump Card
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Gallade Spirit Link
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Repeat Ball
Energy: 9
  • 7 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Mystery Energy
Possible Additions:

Mr Mime (Bench Barrier)
Pokemon Fan Club
Hypnotoxic Laser
Enhanced Hammer
Silent Lab

Strategy:

The main strategy with this deck is to try and get deoxys or latios EX to start and attacking turn 1 whilst powering up Mega Gallade on the bench. Golbat can be used to attack and hit all the bench pokemon for 10 damage before Mega Gallade comes in to attack for bench damage and 110 to the active.

Golbat and Crobat are also used for their ability to hit the bench for extra damage before Mega Gallade attacks. Mega Gallade can be powered up quickly if one is knocked out with the use of energy attachment and Mega Turbo, coupled with dimension valley for 2 energy attacks. Mystery Energy for if there is a need to retreat but not too many since Enhanced Hammer is rampant.
Super Scoops can be used to reset a damaged Gallade or a Crobat line for extra damage.

Extra addition could be silent lab to handle safeguard pokemon. Mr Mime helps protect your own bench from damage but it can also be shut off with silent lab. Enhanced hammer is a good option to discard opponents special energy and laser can be used to force the retreat before mega gallade attacks for damage on the bench because of poison damage.

Let me know how this deck can be improved. Thanks in advance!

Which set is Latios EX & Deoxys from? Roaring Skies?

What is Latios EX for? You can use to attack T1 but that seems like a waste. I would suggest taking that out for another supporter like N.

Nice deck idea.

IMO, the Latios EX and the Deoxys EX do not really seem to compliment your deck well at all. The Latios EX is a Dragon type and would not receive any benefit from the Mystery energy. In addition, you would be limited to just using one of its attacks since the second attack requires W energy. Deoxys EX also requires Plasma energy in order to use its Helix Force attack. You've included no Water nor Plasma (or Rainbow) energy; so, these Poké would not be that effective. I would suggest you replace both of these Poké.

As replacements, consider the following:

+1 Zubat
+1 Goldbat

- - or - -

+1 Zubat
+1 Dedenne (Entertainment)

- - or - -

+1 Zu bat
+1 Chandelure / Gengar EX - both have 1 energy attacks that drop damage counters and provide Weaknes diversity

Lastly, with the 1 AZ and 3 SSUs, you don't really need both Escape and Switch, IMO. So, I'd suggest replacing 1 of them:

+1 Psychic

- - or - -

+1 N / PB Observations

- - or - -

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Nice deck idea.

IMO, the Latios EX and the Deoxys EX do not really seem to compliment your deck well at all. The Latios EX is a Dragon type and would not receive any benefit from the Mystery energy. In addition, you would be limited to just using one of its attacks since the second attack requires W energy. Deoxys EX also requires Plasma energy in order to use its Helix Force attack. You've included no Water nor Plasma (or Rainbow) energy; so, these Poké would not be that effective. I would suggest you replace both of these Poké.

As replacements, consider the following:

+1 Zubat
+1 Goldbat

- - or - -

+1 Zubat

- - or - -

+1 Zu bat
+1 Chandelure / Gengar EX - both have 1 energy attacks that drop damage counters and provide Weaknes diversity

Lastly, with the 1 AZ and 3 SSUs, you don't really need both Escape and Switch, IMO. So, I'd suggest replacing 1 of them:

+1 Psychic

- - or - -

+1 N / PokéBeach Observations

- - or - -

I hope you find these comments helpful.

ummm, he talking about roaring sky Deoxys.

Latios-EX and Deoxys have little to do with the strategy of this deck. I would take them out and add in a thicker line of bats, I played 4-4-3 bats in Florida and did very well with it.
-1 Latios-EX
-1 Deoxys
+1 Zubat
+1 Golbat

The second issue I see with your deck is the low amount of draw cards. Decks typically play a minimum of 13 draw cards (sometimes lower if they're running on an engine revolving around Archies/Empoleon, Compressors, and Jirachi-EX). Your deck plays 8 (4 Juniper, 2 N, and 2 Birch). I'm assuming that your focusing on building your deck in BCR-RRS because of your initial inclusion of Latios-EX and Deoxys-EX. Because of this, you have a lot more outs to draw then you would normally have, such as Shaymin-EX. Because your list is so tight, I would recommend cutting just a couple cards for a few Shaymin-EXs instead of more draw supporters. Looking at your list, I would probably cut a Dimension Valley and a Psychic Energy for 2 Shaymin-EXs, but it's really a personal preference.

Which set is Latios EX & Deoxys from? Roaring Skies?

yes deoxys is from roaring skies.

What is Latios EX for? You can use to attack T1 but that seems like a waste. I would suggest taking that out for another supporter like N.

I have decided yo take out latios ex (roaring skies) for a safeguard sigilyph to act as a wall against ex's. it has proved to be quite effective.

Latios-EX and Deoxys have little to do with the strategy of this deck. I would take them out and add in a thicker line of bats, I played 4-4-3 bats in Florida and did very well with it.
-1 Latios-EX
-1 Deoxys
+1 Zubat
+1 Golbat

The second issue I see with your deck is the low amount of draw cards. Decks typically play a minimum of 13 draw cards (sometimes lower if they're running on an engine revolving around Archies/Empoleon, Compressors, and Jirachi-EX). Your deck plays 8 (4 Juniper, 2 N, and 2 Birch). I'm assuming that your focusing on building your deck in BCR-RRS because of your initial inclusion of Latios-EX and Deoxys-EX. Because of this, you have a lot more outs to draw then you would normally have, such as Shaymin-EX. Because your list is so tight, I would recommend cutting just a couple cards for a few Shaymin-EXs instead of more draw supporters. Looking at your list, I would probably cut a Dimension Valley and a Psychic Energy for 2 Shaymin-EXs, but it's really a personal preference.

I have decided to play a shaymin ex to help with the consistency issue! it seems to be working quite well, especially with the multiple ways of scooping up. I have made some changes to the overall list which i will edit in. I find enhanced hammers to be invaluable with special energy being rampant in the format, especially DCE so i have added in 2 copies.

I have also been toying around with trainer mail in hopes of finding a supporter and will let you all know how that is going.

Will update list, thanks for feedback.

Back