P!P/Rules XY-On Rotation Possibly Confirmed

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
So the PTCGO forums posted an update about the new version 2.28 which implements the Roaring Skies Expansion. What's interesting is under the "Shop Updates" section of the post, it's stated that with the update all Black&White expansions will be removed from the online store. This might be jumping the gun a little, but I'd say it's very strong evidence that there will be a rotation to X&Y-on for next season of competitive play. What does everyone else think? Is this rotation confirmed for sure, or will it be a different one? Will there be a rotation at all? Share your thoughts!

Source:
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/30449-dev-update-huge-roaring-skies-expansion-this-week/

Eron

Is back as of March 24
Yeah, at least for me it's pretty much XY-On, because it would be dumb to still be able to redeem codes but not buy boosters.
I guess my "Next Rotation" thread will be in use again like last year with BCR .

I really hope they don't do this, because really great things will go, like Keldeo, Float Stone, Ace Specs, etc. Many things that complete decks. Also, if they do that then Seismitoad/Slurpuff or RayquazaColorless/Shaymin will be best deck in format, we would be limited with options at decks, or at least tier-1 decks.
Then, Legendary Treasures. LTR would be useless, because I guess LTR was printed to give more time to cards that would be rotated at some point. But those things are already either reprinted, or things that will go at the same time if they rotate until XY at once.
I hope they just rotate until Plasma Blast as for Standard.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
I view Legendary Treasures in the same light as HGSS Call of Legends. It seemed like a perfect idea to do a CoL-on rotation but they jumped straight into BW-on. They are probably going to do something similar this time, even though the rotation isn't mid-season.

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
I think it's a good thing for Legendary Treasures (and Plasma Blast for that matter) to be rotated. If it and other reprint sets weren't rotated, then rotations would lose half of their impact and leave the format a bit stale. As for BDIFs, I think its too early to decide that. We still haven't seen how Rayquaza or any other Roaring Skies cards fare, and I think Seismitoad will lose its influence with the rotation, my main reason being that without Virbank and Hypnotixic, the damage output just won't be there to keep up with other decks. This especially holds true as more pokemon with low energy high damage attacks are coming into play to deal with Seismitoad, such as the new colorless Rayquaza EX, and of course the already established Hawlucha. I'm also going to miss conveniences like Float Stone and Ace Specs, but I look forward to seeing what comes of the new format, Ancient Origins included.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I originally did not look forward to a XY-on rotation... but on second thought, I feel that some deck strategies can shine more - especially those using abilities. Other cards like Mewtwo-EX has been around for an extreme amount of time. I also feel that with XY-on, Seismitoad will lose power, and allow much more Stage decks enter format, which I'm hyped about!

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
I originally did not look forward to a XY-on rotation... but on second thought, I feel that some deck strategies can shine more - especially those using abilities. Other cards like Mewtwo-EX has been around for an extreme amount of time. I also feel that with XY-on, Seismitoad will lose power, and allow much more Stage decks enter format, which I'm hyped about!

Yeah, lowering the chances of item lock and introducing Wally in the event it does happen will really strengthen Stage decks

Personally, I'd be happy with XY on. A lot of decks lose key parts, that's true, but that allows new decks to flourish and prevent stagnation, otherwise we'd just use one deck and be begging for it to be constantly reprinted.

asdjklghty

-------------
New decks? So people will just play Colorless Speedquaza decks? Let's see what might be happening. Pokemon based draw? If so, we could see a return of decks like LuxApe or DialgaChomp? Maybe one of my favourite eras of Pokemon will return.

But back to topic. I think XY on is confirmed-- that's good and bad. Again, removing Black & White stuff will make all decks except Rayquaza EX/Shaymin EX suffer.

tototavros

Aspiring Trainer
I just don't want KSS to be in rotation. Toad Decks are fine w/o energy denial, as you can at least somewhat play the game and have a chance to come back from Item Lock, but with Crushing Hammer in the format, that will be difficult to do.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Wow. Well at least Toad loses a lot of his sidekicks. We lose ACE SPECs, so there goes that mechanic, but we also lose a lot of motility on the field like Darkrai, Float Stone, and Keldeo.

But we also lose LaserBank.

And Garbodor.

It's a good day.

asdjklghty

-------------
Wow. Well at least Toad loses a lot of his sidekicks. We lose ACE SPECs, so there goes that mechanic, but we also lose a lot of motility on the field like Darkrai, Float Stone, and Keldeo.

But we also lose LaserBank.

And Garbodor.

It's a good day.
So will "Allergic Shock" finally work?

SSB_Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
If Pokemon International wants the Expanded format to grow, then a XY-on rotation for Standard would do a lot to help. Ancient Origins will also shake up the format. A lot can and will happen before the rotation.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
It should be a given because if I recall

Shiny Collection came before Plasma Blast which means Legendary Treasures would be rotated out for sure.

Eron

Is back as of March 24
Shiny Collection is part of Legendary Treasures.

Shiny Collection should be rotating out in Japan next rotation which means Legendary Treasures goes with it.

Yes, but, Shiny Collection is a sub-set for the Japanese. And I get your point, but I don't think we base on Japanese sets as there are less.
But that's none of my business.
Even though, it's 90% sure it will be XY-ON. :)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Personally I'm /hoping/ and thinking it'll be KSS-on, because XY-on will remove things Potion and Pokeball which 'technically' are supposed to always be part of the rotation. I also want to keep Crushing Hammer :v

kohu

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I'm /hoping/ and thinking it'll be KSS-on, because XY-on will remove things Potion and Pokeball which 'technically' are supposed to always be part of the rotation. I also want to keep Crushing Hammer :v

Would the Trainer Kits (Noivern/Sylveon in particular) not count? They have pokeball and potion. I only ask because I'm part of the crowd that would not like to see crushing hammer remain in the format. We have too many forms of energy disruption in the format right now, with crushing hammer being the most flexible. I think the reason Toad is so annoying to play against is because of the energy disruption abilities it has to prevent every energy drop that goes on the board if the deck is focused to be that. That's for another discussion however, which I think I brought up in the the thread.

That being said I do realize that because of name alone the KSS will likely remain in rotation even though it was released a few months prior to the XY base set and that I shouldn't get my hopes up too much for my selfish reasons.

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
XY-on would be a dumb formats. I am thinking of decks that will still be good without BCR-LTR support....

Speedquaza EX is OP. Seismitoad EX is amazing, and still does what it does. That is all I got ;/

XY-on is still 10 times better than LTR-on because this format will actually change up the game.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Would the Trainer Kits (Noivern/Sylveon in particular) not count? They have pokeball and potion. I only ask because I'm part of the crowd that would not like to see crushing hammer remain in the format. We have too many forms of energy disruption in the format right now, with crushing hammer being the most flexible. I think the reason Toad is so annoying to play against is because of the energy disruption abilities it has to prevent every energy drop that goes on the board if the deck is focused to be that. That's for another discussion however, which I think I brought up in the the thread.

That being said I do realize that because of name alone the KSS will likely remain in rotation even though it was released a few months prior to the XY base set and that I shouldn't get my hopes up too much for my selfish reasons.

Oh, I forgot about the Trainer Kits... in that case there still would be Pokeball and Potion in format.