Contest May's Create-a-Card: Gym Leaders! (Fan Vote Results)

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
Hi! Im also new in Pokebeach, and that is an amazing contest :)

Im not a great artist, so i would like to join text-based (I will post later, i am hesitating between two).

Are you going to do every month? It would be awesome.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
My apologies for the sign-up errors. I'm both new at this and working with a head injury, so I hope you all will be willing to cut me some slack.

We're already at 17 sign-ups for Text-based, which is two over our limit. I've asked to see if we will be allowed to extend the number of sign-ups.

Are you going to do every month? It would be awesome.

Yes! This is a monthly contest. Each month there will be a new theme for people to use in their submissions.

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
Ramos’ Gogoat - Grass - HP100

Stage 1 – Evolves from Ramos’ Skiddo

Ω Barrier: Whenever your opponent plays a Trainer card (excluding Pokemon Tools and Stadium cards), prevent all effect of that card done to this Pokemon.

Ability: Grass Pelt

Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 10 for each (G) energy attached to it.

[G] Goattack: 20. Flip a coin. If heads, discard a Special Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

[G][G][C][C] Forest Tackle 60+damage. If the Defending Pokemon has an Ancient Trait, this attack do 40 more damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Resistance: None

Retreat: 2

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
My apologies for the sign-up errors. I'm both new at this and working with a head injury, so I hope you all will be willing to cut me some slack.

We're already at 17 sign-ups for Text-based, which is two over our limit. I've asked to see if we will be allowed to extend the number of sign-ups.

:eek:

I hope i can participate, i was thinking about that card all night :(

By the way, i hope you get well soon ;)

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
I hope we can have extended sign-ups; I remember before we sometimes struggled with only 15 places, though it adds strain on the judges. I hope for a fast recovery, 'Thena!
I'm still working on my idea, wording is being a living hell for me though.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I have been given permission to extend text-based sign-ups to 20! This means that everyone who has signed up for text-base so far has a secured space and there is still one more free space available.

Unfortunately, 20 sign-ups for text-based will be our limit, otherwise it is too hard of a strain on the judges to judge all the entries in time. Any additional spaces will only be available if there are drop-outs.

There are, however, still plenty of spaces available for image-based fakes!

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
I have been given permission to extend text-based sign-ups to 20! This means that everyone who has signed up for text-base so far has a secured space and there is still one more free space available.

Thank you soooooooo much:D

I am very excited for hearing that.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
Also, is Spoon judging this round?
Yes, I'm judging both parts again this month.

Also, with the new interest generated by this being a front page event now, the sign-ups might start filling up way faster for future contests as well. Consider this the perfect time for trying to learn how to do image fakes. It adds a whole new dimension to your card design, makes everything look prettier, and more importantly almost guarantees you a spot in future contests.

Huderon of Canossa

Deranged Tinkerer
Love the snazzy new look of the site! Also, count me in for image.
Just to make sure that if all Gym Leaders are allowed, the Orange Island ones are fair game too, yes?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Is there still space for me in Text?

Unfortunately, the sign-up before you took the last text-based spot. But there are still plenty of spaces available in image-based if you'd like to try your hand at that! PokéBeach even has some fake card blanks available for easy use.

Just to make sure that if all Gym Leaders are allowed, the Orange Island ones are fair game too, yes?

I would assume so, yes, but I'm double-checking with IA. I'll post again here when I hear for sure. If you're planning on making an Orange Island's leader card, you might wish to wait until you have the official go-ahead.