Everything You Need to Know About PokéBeach's Article Program!

I have a question about the special subscription price. If I subscribe to this special offer and cancel it a few months later, do I keep the special price if I choose to subscribe again later? Thanks!

I have a question about the special subscription price. If I subscribe to this special offer and cancel it a few months later, do I keep the special price if I choose to subscribe again later? Thanks!
Unfortunately no since the prices would no longer be available in the system. :( This is the only time you can get the special offer.

Last edited:
I really don't like the idea of paid articles, I think it damages the community by creating extra expenses for an already expensive game, have you considered running ads? The deck help from pros is something I can get behind a little more though since that's more personal help.

I really don't like the idea of paid articles, I think it damages the community by creating extra expenses for an already expensive game, have you considered running ads? The deck help from pros is something I can get behind a little more though since that's more personal help.
In my welcoming post I explained why. I want this program to be comprehensive and have the option of providing every level of advice players would want. The top players are not willing to give out their advice for free because they have to invest so much money into the game in terms of testing decks, traveling everywhere, etc., which is why if you want their advice, there has to be a subscription. Ads will never pull in enough money to cover those costs (they barely cover the server costs as it is - I usually have to pay out of pocket myself). :x

In my welcoming post I explained why. I want this program to be comprehensive and have the option of providing every level of advice players would want. The top players are not willing to give out their advice for free because they have to invest so much money into the game in terms of testing decks, traveling everywhere, etc., which is why if you want their advice, there has to be a subscription. Ads will never pull in enough money to cover those costs (they barely cover the server costs as it is - I usually have to pay out of pocket myself). :x

Fair enough, when you put it that way it seems more fair.

To add to this, instead of hiring pros, just have the community write articles and if you are interested in that, edit the article and post it.

To add to this, instead of hiring pros, just have the community write articles and if you are interested in that, edit the article and post it.
That's what the regular articles are. Anyone can write articles and post them. Top players will never want to write regular articles because it doesn't make sense to them when they're investing so much money into this game, so that's why there's the premium service too. But you know, it's still pretty cool to be able to read their advice every week and also get your decks fixed. So it's not just articles, it's more than that.

That's what the regular articles are. Anyone can write articles and post them. Top players will never want to write regular articles because it doesn't make sense to them when they're investing so much money into this game, so that's why there's the premium service too. But you know, it's still pretty cool to be able to read their advice every week and also get your decks fixed. So it's not just articles, it's more than that.

Maybe some top players don't really need the extra money, and just want to write the articles for the community's sake and not theirs.
Raising hand.

Maybe some top players don't really need the extra money, and just want to write the articles for the community's sake and not theirs.
Raising hand.
I wish, haha. Literally every single top player we talked to said they wouldn't do it without getting paid. And it makes sense for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Unfortunately no since the prices would no longer be available in the system. :( This is the only time you can get the special offer.

Oh, OK. So, "You will also keep this price for life!" means that we keep the special price only while the subscription is not cancelled for the first time, right?

Thanks

I always love making articles. I will start writing some regular ones. Then, maybe next season, I will be good enough to write for premium. I will get the early subscription. :)

I'd love to try this- since I love writing, but I utterly suck at TCG and if I did write any articles they'd probably be all speculation or very trivia-based.
Still, I can't wait to see the articles that do come up as a result of this. It's an awesome concept and there's plenty of talented writers on this site, so it's really exciting to see that those people have a chance to make the site that much more lively!

Love what's happening with Pokebeach, it's honestly one of the things that's inspired me to get back into TCG. The premium subscriptions are totally fair, and honestly, just not that expensive, considering we get 2-3 articles per week in addition to deck help. For only $10/month? That's like 2-3 packs.

I know I sound like an ad bot :p but it's true, I'm really excited. Thanks WPM =)

@WPM: also, any chance you'd consider posting the occasional article about VGC, or is there just not enough interest in it?

The best way to show there is interest in VGC is to be posting in those areas of the forum.

I've been following the VG Progress forums closely myself and have spent a couple hours 1 on 1 chatting with Scattered Mind about his team and the battle's he's had in addition to the posts I've made in his thread. If you want a critique of your battle and things you can improve, you can always start a thread there and I'll be happy to help. :)

Back