Discussion Togekiss Roaring Skies

leobandit121

Aspiring Trainer
I think this card has some potential. You could possibly get it out turn 1. (Wally into Togetic then play Togekiss.) I think this card could become energy acceleration in some deck that run high energy count. What do you think?

I was just looking at the card as well, and would try to pair it with Delphox XY for draw + big damage when attaching a lot of energy.

Also a question, would it be possible to use rare candy on the first turn for Togekiss on a Togepi?

sainsaw said:
Also a question, would it be possible to use rare candy on the first turn for Togekiss on a Togepi?

Doubtful, Rare Candy has text forbidding this explicitly.

The problem with Togekiss is that you need to have all the cards explicitly in hand. In this case, Wally, Togekiss, Togetic or some cards to allow the searching of Togekiss or Togetic. And then it's down to random chance to accelerate energy as it's only the top 8 cards. Most decks don't use a lot of energy but it may change.

I'm personally hoping that we see a Togekiss/Huntail engine in the future.

The only real issue I see with this is that Togekiss' ability isn't triggered by Wally - it specifically states "When you play this Pokemon from the hand." That isn't to say that you couldn't turn Togepi > Togetic, then turn 2 > Togekiss, but it's asking for a lot.

DarkMatterGaming said:
I'm personally hoping that we see a Togekiss/Huntail engine in the future.

The only real issue I see with this is that Togekiss' ability isn't triggered by Wally - it specifically states "When you play this Pokemon from the hand." That isn't to say that you couldn't turn Togepi > Togetic, then turn 2 > Togekiss, but it's asking for a lot.

Togekiss has the Evolution trait that allows it to evolve from a Wally'd Togetic turn 1.

Most decks don't run enough basic energy to make Togekiss worthwhile. Delta Evolution and the Ability are cool, but with the average deck running 8-12 Energy cards (and keep in mind most decks are running some Special Energy), the odds of getting a decent amount of Energy off Togekiss aren't that high. While it's certainly better than Ether ever was, it still doesn't guarantee anything. There's simply easier ways to accelerate Energy in this format as far as most decks that need it are concerned. M-Gardevoir might be able to benefit off it a little, but Mega Turbo and Xerneas XY seem like simpler options. Though.... if there was some way to fit this into some weird Virizion / Genesect build, it does open the possibility of turn one Emerald Slashes... but that still feels clunky. You're still banking on having a Togepi, Wally, and Togekiss, plus a Virizon and Genesect.... without any draw power since Wally is your Supporter for the turn. It might have a little late-game utility, once your deck is low and there are only a couple energy left. If you only need one energy to win the game, it might be able to get it for you, but this also seems institutional and risky.

MLK is right on. Delta Evolution is cool and everything, but you hardly run enough Energy to spend all the resources on. You're forcing yourself to evolve a Stage-2 from the ground up (even more difficult under Trainer lock because that locks you out of your Rare Candy utility) and without the help of the newly-released Wally. Looking back to the Togekiss from Great Encounters that allowed you to pick up ten cards from the top of your deck, this card is pretty underwhelming.

Back