Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2015 - Kanto E4 (Results)

Keeper of Night said:
In text.
Are we limited to a generation, or is Agatha's Misdreavus just as viable as Agatha's Haunter?

This never got an answer, can do do stuff like Agatha's Misdreavus? That's the Poke I want :p

Blui said:
Keeper of Night said:
In text.
Are we limited to a generation, or is Agatha's Misdreavus just as viable as Agatha's Haunter?

This never got an answer, can do do stuff like Agatha's Misdreavus? That's the Poke I want :p

It never got an answer, but given the entries, it appears we're just focusing on the E4 members, not their pokemon.

[Stage 1] Bruno’s Steelix HP 150 [F]
NO. 208 Iron Snake Pokémon HT: 30’02” WT: 881.8 lbs.

[Ability] Sheer Force
Once during your turn, (before your attack), you may use this power. If you do, until the end of your turn, whenever you flip a coin for one of this Pokémon’s attacks, treat it as tails. Prevent all effects of this Pokémon’s attacks, except damage, done to each Pokémon in play. This Pokémon’s attacks do 30 more damage to all Defending Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[F][C] Chew 10
Before doing damage, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to your opponent’s Active Pokémon. If your opponent’s Active Pokémon has any Special Energy cards attached to it, flip a coin. If heads, attach a Basic [F] Energy from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

[F]F][F][C] Random Surfacing 10
Flip a number of coins equal to the number of [F] Pokémon you have in play. For each heads, put 1 damage counter on one of your opponent’s Pokémon. If you flipped at least one heads, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Confused.

[F][F][F][F][C] Crippling Tail Slam 60
Before doing damage, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokémon that have any damage counters on them. Does 10 to each of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) Flip a coin. If heads, all damage done to all Defending Pokémon during your next turn is increased by 30.

Weakness: [G]x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

It is said that if an Onix lives for 100 years, its composition becomes diamondlike as it evolves into a Steelix.

Keeper of Night said:
Blui said:

It never got an answer, but given the entries, it appears we're just focusing on the E4 members, not their pokemon.

Read the OP, guys. E4 members and their Pokemon.

In the TCG, often trainers use Pokémon different from the games, eg Blaine's Moltres. And I think those are fine right? Otherwise my entry would've been ilegal this whole time and no one would've cared to tell me. >_>

As far as I know, both Agatha's Misdreavus and Lorelei's Glaceon are fair game.

Ice Arceus said:
Keeper of Night said:

Then I would still like to know if we need to focus on a generation or not.

Keeper of Night said:
Ice Arceus said:

Then I would still like to know if we need to focus on a generation or not.

Based on the banners, I think it's just their parties in generation 1. I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure what IA had in mind, but to me using later-generation Pokémon seems fine, as long as they're related to one of the E4 members (so Lorelei's Glaceon is fine).

Due to the confusion and some submissions already made, we'll keep it open, meaning later-generation Pokemon for the E4 members are fine (TCG, games, etc).

I'm dropping out, had to focus on other stuff this month and still have a heap of uni things piled up - no time for the CaC! Good luck to the other contestants!

I have to drop out too. School has been taking up a lot of my time, and like Bigfoot it leaves basically no time for CaC :/
Good luck the rest of the contestants!

[td] Image-Based:
  1. Dynamic Duo
  2. Blui
  3. Zygarde
  4. Delta
  5. professorlight
  6. bbninjas
[/td][td] Text-Based:
  1. bbninjas
  2. Keeper of Night
  3. steffenka
  4. SeventhPrize
  5. Vom
  6. Luispipe8
  7. fleshrum
  8. Reggie McGigas
  9. Machamp The Champion
  10. Celever
  11. GM DracLord
[/td]

bbninjas listed twice? O_O

right so let's get this over with

RipF9pZ.png

Hate this owner Pokemon stuff. WHATEVS

So this Jynx is all utility. Its first attack is made specifically to lessen the di[C][C]kery that is Quaking Punch, but its reach extends to all Pokemon-EX. Exeggutor has shown just how debilitating ten damage a turn can be, but without a never-ending stream of Lysandre, all your opponent needs to do is find a way to get a regular Pokemon up front and the lock is broken.

The second attack is an interesting take on straight draw. Get rid of Rough Seas so your opponent can't use it, etc. Or just don't be greedy and take the two cards.

The third attack (thank you Salamence RSK for making three attacks a thing) is just for getting your Benched Pokemon healed up. The attack cost should mean that swapping out your attackers to be healed by Jynx is not always going to be desirable.

Since seeing Pidove RSK's attack that has Pidove in its attack name, I thought I'd be cool and do it for Jynx too.

Oh, and no sleeping allowed, because I mean who wants to read another Jynx card that puts you to sleep? BORING.

r8/h8

Because the forums will be going down, I'll be extending the deadline. I'll make an announcement once things clear up, but you guys will have a few additional days to turn your submission in.

Stage 2 // Bruno's Machamp // HP150 [F]
067.png
Evolves from Bruno's Machoke
machamp.gif

NO. 068 Superpower Pokémon HT: 5'03'' WT: 286.6lbs

[Ability] Quick Workout
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach a Special Energy from your hand to this Pokémon.

[F][F][C] Over-the-shoulder Toss 40x
Discard 1 of your Benched Pokémon and all cards attached to it. This attack does 40 damage times the number of Energy attached to that Pokémon.

weakness [P] x2
resistance
retreat [C][C][C]
"It punches with its four arms at blinding speed. It can launch 1,000 punches in two seconds."​

References:
Blastoise
Shuppet
Palkia & Dialga Legend

Look at how in synch it is with my avatar. It's fun to watch. Literally made this entry all tonight because I've been putting this off all month. Let's try to bring home the gold again. :D

I've just been told that my fake doesn't have weight/height etc. etc., because honestly I've never even noticed them on a card or a fake before x_x. Will I be penalised more points for editing them in, or just them not being on there in the first place?

Back