Just Opened my First Booster Box - Question(s)

Friezy

Super Saiyan 3
Hi guys,

So today I opened my first Booster box - XY Flashfire set, I've watched numerous amounts of pack openings, videos, as well as reading about the pull rates of other members on the Pokebeach over the years and thought it was time to carry on my collection. Starting with Flashfire.
I was immensely happy with my pulls:

MCharizard EX 13/106
Toxicroak EX 41/106
Kangaskhan EX 78/106
Pokemon Center Lady FA 105/106
Secret Rare MCharizard 108/106.
Some Holos

Initially I wanted to weigh the packs just as an experiment to get information on how much the average packs weigh so I could compare with packs I buy off eBay (have had far too many weighed packs.) I have to buy my packs off of eBay because I live in the UK with minimal comic book stores, rip off pack prices at larger stores and postage prices that make purchases obsolete on UK online card stores. However, I can't get a hold of an accurate enough weighing scale.

So my first question is
(i) Does anyone have first hand knowledge on how much an average (NO HOLO INCLUDED) pack of Flashfire weighs?

Next, I've only opened half of my Booster box, I've tried techniques such as measuring the curvature of the back of the pack to try and guess which packs would hold the EX and rarer cards. Having opened 18 packs only and getting the cards that I did, I think it was a success.

I'm wondering whether to open the rest or to sell them to cover the cost of buying individual cards (I need about 10 more cards to finish the set):

(ii) Realistically, should I expect anymore EX or full art pulls from the remaining packs, considering I've already got 5 pretty rare cards?
(iii) In the scenario that I do sell the 18 remaining packs, should they be listed knowingly as weighed? Although I have not, in any form or fashion weighed these cards, I have pursued packs in search of rarer cards within the Booster Box meaning the probability of getting rarer cards should be lower as they are from the same box.

And slightly unrelated,
(iv) I was stoked when I pulled the secret rare Charizard, so much so that I want to, if possible, get it graded like PSA do. Does anyone know if they do this in the UK?

(v) My full art card has some odd white specks on it, is this a printing error? I've already sleeved it, but it is worrying...

(vi) Does anyone know where I can sell my common/uncommon card duplicates? They're piling up quite a bit ^^'

Thank you all very much for taking the time to read this and helping me out!

RE: Just Opened my First Booster Box - Question(s).

1) No idea but usually I'd say that it's probably no more than a hundred grams max for a single pack without a holo.

2) I'd say that you've already gotten 5 ultra rare cards, then you'd probably found them all. Rarely would you find any more but that's how it's been for some of the latter sets since there are potentially more ultra rares in those.

3) You'd be hard pressed to actually find any difference. The most I think someone had posted was a couple of hundredths of weight more. So no, you won't detect it by holding it in the hand.

4) No idea as I don't live in the UK but I think you can duck into a collection store to have it graded. Usually, that's how I graded my stuff.

5) It could be as many people noted that the English sets tend to be slacking in the QA department. TPCi usually allows a trade-in if you feel that the card isn't up to scratch but do you really?

6) Mostly eBay or on Facebook. Be realistic as most people will not want 10 cards for a dollar. What I do is usually sell 50 or so for $1 here since some people need them for collections.

Toro googleo said:
1) No idea but usually I'd say that it's probably no more than a hundred grams max for a single pack without a holo.

2) I'd say that you've already gotten 5 ultra rare cards, then you'd probably found them all. Rarely would you find any more but that's how it's been for some of the latter sets since there are potentially more ultra rares in those.

3) You'd be hard pressed to actually find any difference. The most I think someone had posted was a couple of hundredths of weight more. So no, you won't detect it by holding it in the hand.

4) No idea as I don't live in the UK but I think you can duck into a collection store to have it graded. Usually, that's how I graded my stuff.

5) It could be as many people noted that the English sets tend to be slacking in the QA department. TPCi usually allows a trade-in if you feel that the card isn't up to scratch but do you really?

6) Mostly eBay or on Facebook. Be realistic as most people will not want 10 cards for a dollar. What I do is usually sell 50 or so for $1 here since some people need them for collections.

Thanks a lot for answering my questions, gives me a clearer idea on where to go from here.
50 for a dollar? Wow, I've never seen that many cards being sold so cheap. Even singular cards in collector's shops cost the odd 20 cents or so!

@ Friezy,

That price is more of an idea. I live in the most expensive country in the world (i.e. Australia) and we are cheap-bastards really. So yeah.

If you're looking for online stores with decent ('ish) prices, then I use chaoscards.co.uk

Prices are maybe £5 more than ebay seller and I rest in comfort that I'm dealing with a more legit seller.

Back