• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Starmie / Crawdaunt / Slurpuff

Ironman131

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3-3 Starmie
    3-3 Crawdaunt
    2-2 Slurpuff
    2 Exeggcute

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    2 Team Flare Grunt
    1 AZ
    1 Lysandre
    1 Xerosic
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    3 Ultra Ball
    4 Acro Bike
    4 VS Seeker
    3 Battle Compressor
    4 Crushing Hammer
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    4 Dimensional Valley
    3 Super Scoop Up
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Float Stone
    1 Computer Search
    1 switch
Energy:

• None

Strategy:

The main attacker is Starmie. The goal is to deny the opponent energy. Starmie does 10 base damage but if the opponents active pokemon has the same amount of energy then Starmie's attack does 60 more damage. Crawdaunt can help to reduce the amount of energy on opponent's Pokemon while being paired with an abundance of hammers and other energy discarding cards like Team Flare Grunt and Xerosic. Slurpuff is to draw cards while using the odd ball supporters. What do you all think of this deck?

A very annoying idea! I have yet to test anything myself so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt. I recently ordered both a play set of Slurpuff and Crawdaunt a few days ago and I'm sure I've got the Starmie laying around. When they come in I'll throw this together and play it at league so I can return with some results. While I know it won't ever be the meta it certainly looks like a fun deck to play with!

I think this list should include N for the disruption at least. A late game N can prevent energy drops from even occurring. Also why not play Computer Search and a one of Skyla? Dimension Valley is crucial to have on the field as you are not attacking without it. Having an out to get one is necessary. Skyla can also grab a hammer or TFG for the following turn if the valley is already out. The difficult part with this recommendation is I'm not sure what to take out. My first instinct is to tone down the Slurpuff line as I feel Crawdaunt will be taking up the most space. Exeggcute while good also only really work for ultra ball here, so I think i would try without them as well.

-1-1 Slurpuff
-2 Exeggcute

+1 Computer Search
+1 Skyla
+2 N

EDIT: I also realized you may need switches. A single float stone isn't going to cut it if anything gets drug out. You'd have to wait for it to be knocked out to get a Starmie back into the active position as energy is not played.

To help with controlling hand size as well as to discard with the ultra balls. I have made some changes to the deck list, dropped 1-1 slurpuff and added a computer search and a switch.

Back