Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: April 2015 - Kanto E4 (Results)

In for image

So it's just Kanto Elite 4? The opening paragraph made it sound like it's another members round.

Here.
[[colo r=gray]Stage ?[/color]] Pokémon HPxx [[color=type color]*type*[/color]]
http://www.pkparaiso.com/imagenes/xy/sprites/animados/ *insert mon name here* and add .gif at the end

14e49jm.jpg
*insert ability name here*
*effect*

[[color=type color]*type*[/color]] *insert attack name here*
*effect*

Weakness: *type*
Resistance: ^
Retreat: [C] in gray (repeat until you have the desired retreat cost)
*dex entry*

Zygarde said:
Now I'm kinda confused. Were we supposed to incorporate Beach members on our cards? oO
I think IA just has a thing for ambiguous first posts. Don't worry, I'm fairly certain is fine, or else I've been misinterpreting the theme as well. :p

When you say Kanto Elite 4, you mean the Elite 4 of Generation 1 right? As far as I know, Johto and Kanto both share the same Elite 4, at the Indigo Plateau. Generation 2 Elite 4 are technically also Kanto's as well as Johto's (same goes for Gen 1), just at a later time. Or are Karen, Koga and Will included as well?

[Stage 1] Lorelei's Dewgong HP110 [W]
dewgong.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Hydration
Each time a Stadium card that features a lake, a beach or the sea is put into play, heal 40 damage from this Pokémon.

[W][C] Beach Ball Slam 60
Flip 2 coins. If both of them are heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed. If both of them are tails, this Pokémon is now Confused.

[W][W][C] Tidal Cleanse 80
Discard all Energy cards attached to all Pokémon in play.

Weakness:[M]x2
Resistance: [R]-20
Retreat: [C][C]
Dewgong loves to snooze on bitterly cold ice. The sight of this Pokémon sleeping on a glacier was mistakenly thought to be a mermaid by a mariner long ago.

Well, here's my submission I guess! Hope it doesn't make you all cringe too much :p. I'd feel bad if I didn't credit Vom for helping me with the wording of the cards, since my original wording was way off lol. Don't worry though, all the rest of it were my ideas though! :3

[Stage 1] Lance's Gyarados HP140 [W]
[Delta Supremacy] When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may search your deck for a Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
gyarados-3.gif

14e49jm.jpg
Group Hunt
As long as you have more evolved Pokémon in play than your opponent; each Pokémon in play, in each player's hand, and in each player's discard pile has no Abilities or Ancient Traits, except for your evolved Pokémon.
[W][W][C] Submarine Rampage 80
If the Defending Pokémon isn't [W], you may discard it and all cards attached to it instead of dealing damage.

Weakness: [L]x2
Resistance: -
Retreat: [C][C]
Once Gyarados goes on a rampage, its ferociously violent blood doesn't calm until it has burned everything down. There are records of this Pokémon's rampages lasting a whole month.
The wording comes of way too many cards Dx Namely Garbodor DRX, Aggron DRX and Ultra Ball. The original thing had waaay more references xD

Are my introductory paragraphs really that confusing? I tried to add some spice, but you guys seem to get confused. xP

No, just focus on the E4 members + Pokemon. No other people.

Is that Kanto Elite Four as in Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance? Or is it Kanto Elite Four as in Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen? That's the question participants want answering, as Kanto has more than one Elite Four.

Kangaflora said:
Is that Kanto Elite Four as in Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance? Or is it Kanto Elite Four as in Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen? That's the question participants want answering, as Kanto has more than one Elite Four.

Or we could be safe and all just use Bruno.

I would guess, based on the banners, that it's the Gen I E4 only, and not Gen II.

Kanto E4 in this case refers to the E4 from the Kanto games (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, etc.), so Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance. Pick a bloke from the banner, make a card, that's all there is to it. I know you all want to make a Will card, and rightfully so, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for another time.

If we decide to do another region E4 round, then we'll allow you guys to choose from the games or the anime. For right now, choose someone from the banner.

There, drawing finished; at least I did something sort-of-productive this weekend.

Lorelei%2527s%2520glaceon.png

There's not much I can say about it, really; Lorelei is the only kanto E4 I like, and as much as I love the ice type, her pokemon are... not great. Gen 1 wasn't good for ice types, really, barring articuno, who I thought would be too exaggerated for her.

My mechanics for owner's pokemon are a mixture of the gym era and SP pokemon; owner's pokemon do not evolve from or to anyone, are basic even if they're evolved, but tend to have moves that are either helpful or powerful, justifying the one-per deck limit I put onto them. This particular card is... not any of those.
I mean, I'm sure you could combine it with blastoise or some kind of water energy acceleration to do oodles of damage, but it becomes useless if you're facing a fire-type deck; lucky for you, you can only have one at the time, so there's that.

I thought about adding "Lorelei, age 4" to the drawing at the end to signify that that is lorelei's drawing, but I decided against it because it was just too dumb, and cards usually don't have words in their illustrations. Besides, I hoped the pokedolls would be enough to see that, even if it's based on a very small, inconsequential and optional piece of information from one of the less necessary games in the franchise.
So, just in case: that would be a young Lorelei's drawing of her glaceon having a tea party with her dolls.

There.

Stage 1 Lorelei's Cloyster HP110
AquaNRG

Evolves from Shellder

cloyster.gif

NO. 091 Bivalve Pokémon HT: 4'11" WT: 292.1 lbs.

AbilityBOL
Concealed Storage
Your opponent can't discard any Pokémon Tool cards attached to this Pokémon.

AquaNRG
AquaNRG
WhiteNRG
Spike Barricade 100
If the Defending Pokémon goes to the Bench during your opponent's next turn, put 4 damage counters on that Pokémon.

weakness
GrassNRG
x2 resistance
NoneNRG

retreat
WhiteNRG
WhiteNRG
WhiteNRG

For protection, it uses its harder-than-diamonds shell. It also shoots spikes from the shell.

Concealed Storage: Simisage XY, Skarmory-EX
Spike Barricade: PTCG Rules Handbook, Machamp FuF,
From the PTCG Rules Handbook:
When your Active Pokémon goes to your Bench (whether it retreated
or got there some other way), some things do go away—Special
Conditions and any effects from attacks.

Entry from Red/Blue to fit with the theme :>

Lorelei's Cloyster is based on the Cloyster Lorelei has in the manga that protects the ice dolls of Green and Sabrina, hence the Concealed Storage. The ability primarily allows Cloyster to keep its tool under Item Lock. The Spike Barricade is based on a Cloyster's Spike Cannon used in the crafty ways of Lorelei. The primary function of the attack is to cause the retreating/switching/rushing out of status-effected Pokemon-EX to be detrimental; the aim is to use an Attack + Laser + Band/Bangle combo to hit for 140/150.

Aaaaand I was *this* close to make the card a Basic Pokemon n.n;;;

Stage 1/ Haunter // HP70
TCGMind

092.png
Evolves from Gastly

/Δ Levitate/ Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's
TCGRock
Pokémon.
haunter-3.gif

NO. 93/Gas Pokémon/HT: 5'03"/WT: 0.2 lbs.
SF-Ability
Poison Growth

Each of your Gastly and Gengar in play (including Agatha's Gastly and Agatha's Gengar) gets +10 HP.

TCGMind
TCGMind
TCGWhite
Haunted Gas

Flip 2 coins. If 1 of them is heads, choose either Paralysis or Poison. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition. If both of them are heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned. If both of them are tails, this Pokémon's remaining HP is now 10.

Weakness:
TCGDark
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:
TCGWhite

Haunter is a dangerous Pokémon. If one beckons you while floating in darkness, you must never approach it. This Pokémon will try to lick you with its tongue and steal your life away.

AW07
30px-SetSymbolPromo.png
Thought about using almost the exact layout for a Gengar, but I thankfully realized almost immediately that it would be OP as heck.

I think that playable NFE Pokémon should be a thing, and a Agatha deck (in the same vein as Magma/Aqua decks) would actually be a good thing with something like this.

Now, something that I've seen a lot of people do, against HS' advice, was using Ancient Trait as additional abilities. However, they're more like Poké-Bodies: passive effects that don't need to be triggered (Alpha Heal and Omega Barrier, for example), so I went the most accurate way I could here with Levitate. Levitate is insanely good, so I had to balance the rest of the card to /not/ be that good. :p Attack very random, with even a bad outcome to make it risky (in other words, the attack is bad. :v). The Ability is just some extra touch, because you can't really abuse it that much, or at least I look at it that way.

References:
Butterfree FB, Supreme Victors
Amoongus PLS
Pyroar FLF
Floette FLF

I am entering the hitmonchan, and here is a trainer that it works in tandem with
Entry said:
[Basic] Hitmonchan HP 100 [F]
hitmonchan.gif

[Ability] Brawler
If you have a supporter card named Bruno in your hand, you may discard it. If you do, this Pokémon's attacks do 50 more damage.

[F][C] Stone Cold Stunner 30+
If your opponent's Active Pokémon is [P] type, your opponent's Active Pokémon can't attack during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

It is one of the most skilled fighters. It has a devastating punch that can stop a smaller car right in its tracks.

not my entry said:
TRAINER/SUPPORTER
Bruno
260px-Bruno_Adventures.png

All your Pokémon with the Brawler Ability have no weakness during your next turn.

Back