XY Your Shiny Hunts

raichulover11

Levy-chan
ilovecommas said:
I've also started looking in Friend Safari for shinnies. I'm trying to get a shiny Pumpkaboo. I looked about an hour but no luck. Is it true your shiny encounter is increased there? I read it was, but you can't chain and the shiny charm has no effect as far as further increasing your encounter.
It does, to about the same as masuda w/ shiny charm.
(It's about 1/512)

ilovecommas

Cute Trainer
Over 500 Pachirisu eggs and STILL no shiny!!!!! I've taken a break the past few days but am going to get back to hatching I guess.

Anyone else had any luck lately? Do you prefer chaining, friend safari's or hatching?

Galaxy Hunter

Shiny Mega Quest!
Finally, after about 3000 eggs I'm guessing, I got not one, but two Shiny Absol!

Cataclysm (male) and Pandora (female) are shiny, HA Absol. Cataclysm is a Naive Mixed Attacker build, while Pandora hatched shortly after the main hunt, when I decided that while I was at it I should try for a straight physical attacker regular Absol build, and thus she's got a Jolly nature. Both are in Dream Balls and have the Egg Moves Play Rough, Sucker Punch, Perish Song, and Baton Pass. This was, without a doubt, my longest hunt ever. Worth it? Yeah, but I sincerely hope that I never have to go through this again.

Galaxy Hunter

Shiny Mega Quest!
And as if to offset the incredible bad luck from my shiny Absol hunt, my shiny Latias SR hunt on Omega Ruby began and ended within a few hours! Shiny Latias, hence nicknamed Arael, has been caught! She's timid, got an IV of 31 in Defense based on her blurb, and arrived amazingly fast! I think the Eon Duo likes me, because my shiny Latios hunt on Alpha Sapphire went by really fast too. Anyways, I now have the complete shiny Eon Duo, and since Latias is my favorite legendary, I'm jumping for joy here!

69B604CB-4996-4DBF-B8B3-7DD77A125D17_zpssao92msm.jpg

AECF9A3F-6B3B-4F29-B4FF-8DA11BB8798F_zpsygjokw0r.jpg

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I just had one of my fastest hunts ever! Shiny Magnemite after 6 horde encounters! :D

I've also started a MM in my X to get a shiny Seedot, 150 eggs, no shiny yet :)

Edit: Just found a shiny Doduo after ~15 horde encounters! :D

Edit 2: Shiny Zigzagoon in Oddish horde after ~30 encounters! I'm on a roll :D

Edit 3: Shiny Swably after about 25 horde encounters, I feel so lucky right now :D

Edit 4: After a long nights sleep, I managed to get a shiny Grimer after ~250 hordes :3

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
So in order to make the shiny hunt breeding thing more interesting for me I started to do a little "competition" : Roselia vs Mareep.
Each Pokemon was put in the daycare with my spanish Ditto and bred 300 eggs. After a long hatching process there were left only 20 eggs and I was thinking there will be no winner when a purple sheep suddenly appeard! Shiny Mareep 5iv perfect ex speed. Next matchup - Roselia vs Porygon :]

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
So recently I've been into shiny hunting again and I've gotten the following shiny Pokemon:

A Gulpin after 141 chain encounters
An Illumise after ~250 chain encounters while trying to get a Deerling
An Elgyem after 36 chain encounters
A Deerling after 53 chain encounters
And a Zigzagoon after 55 hordes while trying to get a Poochyena

I think I can take a short break from shiny hunting for now, because I'm pleased with what I've gotten :D

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I just managed to get myself a shiny Skiddo after a chain of 28 on the PokeRadar :D
Continuing the chain just to see if I can get another one :)

Edit: It broke after 33 chains, because of some random Abra .-.

Last edited:

Galaxy Hunter

Shiny Mega Quest!
Trying for a HA Starly female. So far hatched a non-HA shiny after a few boxes of eggs, thinking about trying TSV checking to boost my chances.

Raizen

Aspiring Trainer
I've gotten several shinies since I started playing AlphaSapphire. Here is a list of them:
  • Ditto (I met in a mirage cave)
  • Shuppet (obtained from Wonder Trade)
  • Ditto (I met in a mirage cave. Yes, again!)
  • Lugia (obtained from GTS, from Johto region)
  • Togekiss (GTS, I wasn't aware it was shiny when I traded for it!)
  • Giratina (GTS, French)
  • Accelgor (GTS)
  • Drifblim (GTS, German)
  • Heatran (captured myself after obtaining Shiny charm. Calm nature, EV trained)
  • Charmander (hatched myself, Adamant nature, 3IV, has Outrage and Dragon Dance)
  • Arceus (GTS, obviously hacked, is missing a special ribbon)
The ones obtained on GTS were likely hacked or cloned, but in many cases, that's not known.

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
I hunted for Shiny Ducklett,Cryogonal,Amaura . Unfortunately after 1000+ eegs (Ducklett about 250 eeg , Cryogonal 250 eeg, and Amaura 300 eeg and other pokemon for perfect IV about 200 eegs ). It don't even hatching into just 1 shiny . Yeah , now I'm give up . Bye Bye Shiny hunt .

I'll maybe try to find some shiny next time if i really want to ... but not now . :confused:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
While I don't actively shiny hunt when I breed, I do turn to wonder trade to "move" my breedjects. What day is it today? Wednesday.

What have I got today?
Shiny Sandile
Shiny Seviper
Shiny Ursaring

This is a pseudo shiny-hunt, I guess :p

Mitja

veteran smartass
Resetting for Raikou 4 days so far.

Encountered the first one yesterday, it was terrible (Gentle and not even then 31 speed or sp.atk), so I continued resetting.

Actually encountered the second one only 7 hours later. It was timid this time, 4-31-31-17-2-31.... for some reason decided I wouldn't be satisfied with that and am still resetting.

Considering I've spent absurd amounts on resetting for competitive legends (almost all now from both OR and AS, with good nature, all 31 in most improtant stats and no other stat below 23, and several of them with HP Ice), and a long time for a 28-31-30-31-31-31 HP Ice Virizion... with the ONLY shiny encounter in all that time being a Lax shiny Giratina... it was probably extremely stupid to reset that shiny Raikou ^^"

if I ever see another one, there is 74% chance it'll be worse than the second one.

UPDATE:
according to activity log, I've been resetting Raikou for more than 60 hours now. Third shiny didn't show up yet xD

UPDATE:

Now encountered #3 and #4, within 20 resets of each other after ~4000 resets of nothing LOL.

#3 was quiet e___e

#4 was timid alright, but shitty speed and shitty sp.atk IVs, meaning #2 was better than this.

UPDATE:

120 hours in...
#5 timid 0-31-21-27-31-31

still not satisfied. im crazy i know xD
if it didnt have either of the following 3 things that annoy me I would have kept it:
-a glaring 0 IV
-wasted perfect stat in atk
-not perfect sp.atk

UPDATE:
still continuing my crazy shiny hunt.

I'm at ~180 hours, which is about 18k Raikous

I've met #6,7,8, only #7 was timid, but terrible, the other two I didn't even bother wasting more than 2 minutes checking their stats, that's how disapointing they looked.

Those were all a while ago... haven't seen a shiny Raikou for 4 days of constant resetting LOL...

EDIT: of course I ecnounetred #9 a few resets after posting that... also a terrible one

UPDATE: aaand #10 just now. still nothing even remotely close to as good as #5 v__v

UPDATE: #13 and counting ): feels bad. I know Im insane xD

UPDATE:

#14 finally had a perfect speed stat, which I havent0' seen since #5, but it had a sp.atk IV of 3.

I have #15 on my 3ds atm... trying to decide if I keep it and end this quest for perfection.

It is timid, has 31-0-9-18-31-31, and hidden power Grass, which isn't the best, but not useless either (wasn't going to care about what HP is as long as both speed and sp.atk were 31, but it's a minor plus).

What do I do T_T Reset or keep...hmm

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Over the last 24 hours I nabbed two shinies in ORAS; last night a Zubat in Meteor Falls and earlier today a shiny Zigzagoon in Petalburg Woods.

Search for my first of two Purple Wurmples on hold until my 3DS battery recharges.

(I want to try and get the entire shiny Wurmple family in my Pokemon ending with a shiny Beautifly and shiny Dustox.)

Mitja

veteran smartass
Oh my god, it's finally over. ITS OVER!

I literally just saved 5 times in a row out of paranoia and did 2 reality checks (its 2am and I was going to reset 5 more then sleep)

-Result of my Shiny Raikou hunt--
-Goal: Timid, 31 speed, 31 sp.atk
-Time (from 3ds Activity Log): 18038 minutes = 300 hours and 38 minutes
-Shinies encountered: 17
-stats of #17 that I am keeping:
Timid, 19-31-29-31-12-31 (Hidden Power: Steel, meh)

Also out of all the 17 shinies, this one was the easiest to capture. Did not scratch me, I False swiped and Spored, and it stayed in the first Luxury Ball I threw.

33nuhab.jpg
qposhz.jpg

I am so never doing this again.

I need sleep now
of0y.jpg

Last edited:

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Today 25 july 2015 after 1000+ eegs . My hatching just turn into 1 shiny Ducklett :D I'm so happy and sad at the same time . Because it's ability is Keen Eyes not hydration that i looking for .

My hunt for shiny hydration Ducklett and shiny Cryogonal is still go on . But i don't care since Pokemon Z is starting to promote . I have a plenty of time for my shiny hunt . When Pokemon Z release i will transfer my shiny Ducklett/Cryogonal to my new journey . I will be my main protagonist and signature pokemon in my adventure of Pokemon Z . Since Gamefreak not officially announce Pokemon Z yet . I have so many day and month for Shiny hunt . ;)

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
My shiny collection as of now:

Omega Ruby:
Metagross (event)
Zubat
Beautifly
Carvanha
Corphish
Tyrantrum
Zigzagoon
Milotic
Poochyena
Zorua
Reshiram
Spheal
Áltaria
Mangezone
Magnemite
Minum
Wailmer
Linoone
Roselia
Zubat
Aggron
Sandshrew
Spinda
Skarmory
Camerupt
Magikarp
Whismur

Y:
Trevenant
Manectric
Pancham
Ponyta
Sigilyph
Seadra
Golem
Relicanth
Jumpluff
Banette
Eevee
Dragalge
Bunnelby
Floette
Gyrados
Greninja
Throh
Nidorino
Clauncher
Hariyama
Gloom
Mime jr.
Roggenrola
Carbink'
Staravia
Spritzee
Remoraid
Probopass
Gourgeist
Electabuzz

Dedenne
Gengar(event)
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Swalot
Gogoat
Litleo
Ariados
Charizard
Spritzee
Noivern
Goodra
Murkrow
Beartic
Beartic
Gulpin
Doduo
Furfrou
Galvantula
Helioptile
Klefki
Masquerain
Ludicolo
Salamence
Swirlix
Helioisk
Luxray
Chatot
Swanna
Swanna
Tropius
Octillery
Corsola
Chespin
Gorgeist
Sneasel
Oshawott
Sneasel
Snorunt
Ursaring
Panpour
Simipour
Blastoise
Spiritomb
Turtwig
Farfetch'd
Farefech'd
Noctowl
Dodrio
Braviary
Pawniard
Gardevoir
Skrelp
Golurk
Tranquil
Tranquil
Wingull
Wingull
Ampharos
Delibird
Dunsparce
Charmeleon
Amaura
Meowstic
Swablu
Gyrados
Rotom
Gabite

Black 2:
Sawsbuck
Terrakion
Accelgor
Haxorus

Other/gen 4:
Liepard
Raikou
Eintei
Suicune
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Genesect
Rayquaza
Gyrados
Sceptile
Landorus
Kyurem
Bisharp
Azumarill
Mew
Feraligatr
Manaphy
Swellow
Beedrill

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
I don't know why this happens, but whenever I try to shiny hunt it never happens. Then I start EV training off hordes and after a while, something comes up. And it's usually not the thing I wanted to train on.

Wanted to farm Slowpokes in Azure Bay for HP stats, Shiny Wingull pops up. Pretty nice surprise.