Discussion 2015-2016 Season Rotation

Luispipe8 said:
I strongly think and wish that the rotation goes for KSS(Kalos Starter Set)-On. Cards like Mewtwo-EX, Darkrai-EX and N have overstayed their welcome. This will be the 4th World Championship where this cards will be playable, it's not even funny anymore. Dx Changing to KSS-On would give the game a fresh start, so to speak.
I totally agree with the Mewtwo, Darkrai, and N. They are in most decks(especially N) and it would be nice for a fresh start. N is not that good anyways, since every time someone plays it on me, I get a better hand.
Thanks, TCGDeoxys.

Athena said:
Plasma Energy is indeed in PLB; it's been printed in every Plasma set.

That said, I still think a LTR-on format is more likely, or even XY-on. There's been a tendency the last few years to want to start the rotation with a brand new set series instead of clinging on to the final set of the previous series, though XY is more similar to BW than BW was to HGSS/CoL or HGSS to Arceus.
I was thinking PLB-On because they would take out 3 sets like always. Although IMO, the rotations are stupid. Its really just another way for Pokemon and Nintendo to get your money(see my post at the top).

N and Colress as well as LTR need to be OUT! If its LTR-On, most previous decks will be playable due to the reprints. I think seeing N and Colress, as well as Skyla out will be interesting.

Given the number of sets Pokemon release, I do think it'll be most likely XY-onwards since by Nationals, we should have another 2 sets with another set after that. So Roaring Skies and the English equivalent of Bandit Ring, then Nationals then another set. That conveniently takes the XY sets to 8 which should be enough for Pokemon to call a rotation of all B&W 2 sets out.

Toro googleo said:
Given the number of sets Pokemon release, I do think it'll be most likely XY-onwards since by Nationals, we should have another 2 sets with another set after that. So Roaring Skies and the English equivalent of Bandit Ring, then Nationals then another set. That conveniently takes the XY sets to 8 which should be enough for Pokemon to call a rotation of all B&W 2 sets out.
Apologies, but I do not quite understand. I would appreciate it if you explained it a tad better.
Sorry for any inconveniance.
Thanks,
TCGDeoxys

I think the new rotation will make Seismitoad less annoying (I use him in most of my decks). Quaking Punch is only annoying if you use it with stupid Virbank City Gym and Hypnotoxic Lazer (yes!!!!!) But VirGen will most likely be unable to be played (nooooooooooooooooooooooo).

Regardless of whether it's gonna be LTR-On or XY Base Set-On, we will lose Float Stone noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. My Bronzong Dialga or Bronzong M Aggron deck will suffer!!!!!!

Toro googleo said:

Hm, not quite:

We'll get Roaring Skies in May.

Next set (Bandit Ring) comes 3 months later, so it'll be August (Nationals should have passed by then, and will release a few weeks before Worlds).

So we'll have up to XY7 legal by the approximate time of rotation.

TCGDeoxys said:
Toro googleo said:
Apologies, but I do not quite understand. I would appreciate it if you explained it a tad better.
Sorry for any inconveniance.
Thanks,
TCGDeoxys

What I mean by that is that the English sets will have another 2 sets before the Pokemon National Tournament. In this case, it'll be Roaring Skies and the English equivalent of Bandit Hoop. Plus, there is usually another set after the Pokemon National Tournament which brings the XY sets to 8 which is considered 'enough' for a rotation of all the previous B&W 2 sets which is Boundaries Crossed, Plasma Storm, Plasma Freeze, Plasma Storm and Legendary Treasures.

Luispipe8 said:
Toro googleo said:

Hm, not quite:

Next set (Bandit Ring) comes 3 months later, so it'll be August (Nationals should have passed by then, and will release a few weeks before Worlds).

Er, you answered my post yourself. I remember that 2012-2013, we had up to Plasma Storm then Plasma Freeze was released after that. 2013-2014, we had Flashfire with Furious Fists following not long after that. So either way, we will still get one set before Pokemon releases their rotation. And this is in Australia, not the US which is quite different.

Toro googleo said:
Luispipe8 said:
Toro googleo said:
Hm, not quite:

Er, you answered my post yourself. I remember that 2012-2013, we had up to Plasma Storm then Plasma Freeze was released after that. 2013-2014, we had Flashfire with Furious Fists following not long after that. So either way, we will still get one set before Pokemon releases their rotation. And this is in Australia, not the US which is quite different.

I was actually referring to the red part, where you said we'll have 2 more Sets, then Nationals and then another one. It's only 2, and we'll be at XY7 at the moment of the rotation, not XY8 as you say it.

asdjklghty said:
I think the new rotation will make Seismitoad less annoying (I use him in most of my decks). Quaking Punch is only annoying if you use it with stupid Virbank City Gym and Hypnotoxic Lazer (yes!!!!!) But VirGen will most likely be unable to be played (nooooooooooooooooooooooo).

Regardless of whether it's gonna be LTR-On or XY Base Set-On, we will lose Float Stone noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. My Bronzong Dialga or Bronzong M Aggron deck will suffer!!!
I totally agree about making Seismitoad less annoying, but it can still be bad without VCG(Virbank City Gym) and HTL(Hypno Toxic Laser) considering you cant play items either way. I agree with you, it sucks that we are losing float stone. Not only can I not use my plasma deck next rotation, but float stone is taken away.

TCGDeoxys said:
asdjklghty said:

Regardless of whether it's gonna be LTR-On or XY Base Set-On, we will lose Float Stone noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. My Bronzong Dialga or Bronzong M Aggron deck will suffer!!!
I totally agree about making Seismitoad less annoying, but it can still be bad without VCG(Virbank City Gym) and HTL(Hypno Toxic Laser) considering you cant play items either way. I agree with you, it sucks that we are losing float stone. Not only can I not use my plasma deck next rotation, but float stone is taken away.

But in the next format which I think will be more friendly to setting up, Quaking Punch is only doing a max of 50 (not counting weakness) and blocking items. So what? There are other ways to evolve like a card (cant remember name sorry) in the upcoming set Roaring Skies that is basically Evosoda but a supporter and you can use it on a Pokemon you put in play or on your first turn! And many people, including me, don't play Roller Skates or Poke Ball as those cards are too luck based and not consistent enough. Bicycle will be rotated out soon and you have to have a very specific number of cards in your hand to use it.

Off topic: I thought Plasma died already. Aegislash EX kills it

Although IMO, the rotations are stupid. Its really just another way for Pokemon and Nintendo to get your money(see my post at the top).

Personally I think rotation is *awesome*.

Without rotation, it would be the same game pretty much all the time. Without the last rotation, Dark decks would *still* be running dark patch and Sableye. A year from now they would still be running those cards and Laserbank too. Rotation shakes things up in interesting and exciting ways.

Rotation also makes the difference between standard and expanded more pronounced. Standard is more straightforward and familiar, expanded is wild and wonderful. After the next rotation, expanded is going to be even better- the place where you can still use Landorus and Darkrai and VirGen.

Yes, it makes money for Nintendo/PCI. But it gives us a lot too.

Talkingcat said:
Although IMO, the rotations are stupid. Its really just another way for Pokemon and Nintendo to get your money(see my post at the top).

Personally I think rotation is *awesome*.

Without rotation, it would be the same game pretty much all the time. Without the last rotation, Dark decks would *still* be running dark patch and Sableye. A year from now they would still be running those cards and Laserbank too. Rotation shakes things up in interesting and exciting ways.

Rotation also makes the difference between standard and expanded more pronounced. Standard is more straightforward and familiar, expanded is wild and wonderful. After the next rotation, expanded is going to be even better- the place where you can still use Landorus and Darkrai and VirGen.

Yes, it makes money for Nintendo/PCI. But it gives us a lot too.
I guess you have a point. It does stop irritating decks, after all, especially Landorus EX *shudder*.
Off Topic: Everytime a rotation is released, I get a theme deck and 2 packs in the format.

asdjklghty said:
I know it's way too early to predict but I really hope N is still legal in the rotation. Losing that card will destroy all my decks. Professor Birch seems to be a replacement but it relies on a coin flip something I dislike using especially since it's a supporter.

I think it will be LT on or XY base set.

Off-topic: should I invest in a couple of Professor Birch's Observations in case it does become the future N and the price will increase as the value goes up?
Shauna. Thats all you need to know. ITS THE BEST N REPLACEMENT! :D

2015/2016 Rotation

I have seen a lot of people debating whether or not to make new decks for the next rotation that is coming out. I have gotten confirmation from a Professor what the rotation for the 2015-2016 season will be and what changes will be made.

It is obvious, due to the current play, that it will be XY and above.

Everyone has been skeptical about this change. We will have a very inconsistent draw format due to the lack of the Colress and N supporter. There has been confirmation that (like Sycamore) there will be a reprint of the card "N" under another name. Rumors do say that they will have some sort of super minor change to the description of the card, but I can assure you it will be reprinted in either 1-3 sets after Emerald Break (likely the one after)

If you pose any questions feel free to ask, but do not worry, Professor Birches will not become 8$ a card. They will simply reprint another card that will.

-Vari :)

Professors have no more information than regular players(me being one), so your source is either bluffing or taking a long shot.

Hello Guys!

WOAH THIS THREAD BLEW UP! Anyway I just want to clarify. The 2 professors who were discussing said they were not totally aloud to discuss it with the average players. The information I did question out of them is that it will be XY and Up (90% sure, Pokemon is known for changing things last second), but what I can confirm is that there is going to be a staple trainer reprint of N. I could not fish the exact card name but I do know it will be in a set coming up soon! Do I think it should be LTR on? With the new sets, LTR will call for some good combos but lack the diversity of decks for another season, so I hope they stick with their initial decision of it being XY on. If you want to know for 100% instead of 90%, just keep checking the XY Japan sets for that N reprint. One thing I did not cover is the fact that there is a small chance that BW promos will live.... so N could live on instead of a reprint which would be terrible due to the fact that it is nearly impossible to by N's at your local Singles Store... They said that decision is not final but they did confirm the XY on and the fact that there could be some crazy cards/decisions coming up soon.

Thanks guys :) Im just saying what I have heard from the people above us.

PS: they do know more than us :)

Vari said:
Hello Guys!

WOAH THIS THREAD BLEW UP! Anyway I just want to clarify. The 2 professors who were discussing said they were not totally aloud to discuss it with the average players. The information I did question out of them is that it will be XY and Up (90% sure, Pokemon is known for changing things last second), but what I can confirm is that there is going to be a staple trainer reprint of N. I could not fish the exact card name but I do know it will be in a set coming up soon! Do I think it should be LTR on? With the new sets, LTR will call for some good combos but lack the diversity of decks for another season, so I hope they stick with their initial decision of it being XY on. If you want to know for 100% instead of 90%, just keep checking the XY Japan sets for that N reprint. One thing I did not cover is the fact that there is a small chance that BW promos will live.... so N could live on instead of a reprint which would be terrible due to the fact that it is nearly impossible to by N's at your local Singles Store... They said that decision is not final but they did confirm the XY on and the fact that there could be some crazy cards/decisions coming up soon.

Well my uncle works for nintendo and...

Vari said:
Hello Guys!

Please refrain from making posts such as this unless you can actually show us the "evidence" you speak of. As Luispipe8 said, we Professors really don't know any more than regular players. Again, show proof and we will believe you. :)

Vari said:
Hello Guys!

Ever heard of Shauna? It lets YOU shuffle your hand in and draw five cards, but not your opponent. Hope this helped :)

Luispipe8 said:
Professors have no more information than regular players(me being one), so your source is either bluffing or taking a long shot.
I agree. There is no reason a moderator on some forum knows. The only way to actually know is by either asking Nintendo, or just waiting until Pokemon World Championships 2015 when they are announced. I believe that you do not know the 2015-16 rotations.

Regards,
TCGDeoxys

Brave Vesperia said:
Vari said:
Hello Guys!

Please refrain from making posts such as this unless you can actually show us the "evidence" you speak of. As Luispipe8 said, we Professors really don't know any more than regular players. Again, show proof and we will believe you. :)

I do not believe I am in the wrong here, I was just sharing the information that I found out. It was a heated discussion that they were having and I simple jumped in when I should not have. It could be true, it could not, all I am saying is that (in my best judgment) they were being a 100% serious about the matter. :)

ANOTHER THING: It is amazing to talk about rotation, due to the fact that decks can now start to be created in mind knowing certain meta decks with be gone.

Personally, the Meta change is something I am SUPER excited for :) and I hope you guys are too. This is my first year of playing :D

I sort of take this from a different angle. My family plays competivily and I know this will blow up a lot of our decks, but I believe LTR will be shut down. XY and on will survive. The reason is in the cards. I really believe these guys sat down and decided to turn this game into a pokemon centeral game. You can tell by the abilities on the new cards.

Ninetales - locks a stadium
Crawford - takes energy from the active.
Kyogre - Runs a sleep on attack
Semsitoad - Locks items
Manetric - attaches any two basic energies
Malmar - sleeps
The list goes on and on.... It is sort of fascnating of how they are going to phase out a lot of those item cards with abilities on cards.

I personally believe scoop up will become a huge part of the game. Sort of already is, but with max potion gone, scoop up will be the next best thing.

I got admit I'm tired of virbank city and hypno laser winning games. I'd rather see pokemon in the active position hitting hard. I think that is why they are coming up with energy exceleration in roaring skies. Succunie will be gone, along with sygliph. We will see megas in the active hitting really hard. I also noticed that hp on the babies have decreased enourmously, and they have gained a horrible amount energy charge on some of them. I think all together they are actually turning this into a mega game/ Stage 2 game with archie and maxie.

The future holds promise and fun for those who love to see pokemon winning games and not trainers and stadiums. I think it will force people to creat some really clever pokemon centric decks. Good luck to all.

Just thoughts

Vari said:
Brave Vesperia said:

I do not believe I am in the wrong here, I was just sharing the information that I found out. It was a heated discussion that they were having and I simple jumped in when I should not have. It could be true, it could not, all I am saying is that (in my best judgment) they were being a 100% serious about the matter. :)

ANOTHER THING: It is amazing to talk about rotation, due to the fact that decks can now start to be created in mind knowing certain meta decks with be gone.

Personally, the Meta change is something I am SUPER excited for :) and I hope you guys are too. This is my first year of playing :D

Literally no one believes this and if we do get a counterpart to N it will be Zinnia to match the theme.

On another note, I really hope the next format has plenty of good stage 1 and 2 decks.
Kind of getting sick of seeing EX Pokemon everywhere.

Back