Hybrid Night March Decks

WhoopsyDaisy

Aspiring Trainer
I keep seeing hybrid Night March decks on tcgone. It seems like they've got some subset of Empoleon/Exeggcute, Seismitoad, Flareon, and Archie's Ace in the Hole in addition to all the Night March stuff. Has anyone used this deck? It seems like it'd be way too much going on for any kind of consistency, but with Battle Compressor and Juniper and stuff you could make it work?

I don't think so. I piloted March/Empoleon/Mew to the Top 8 in a Regionals this Saturday and that's the best, most consistent version. The more stuff you throw in, the less consistency you'll have

Oh cool. Yeah, it makes sense that the additional stuff makes it less consistent. Is it actually good (meaning if someone said "if you lose this game I am shooting you" you would play it)? Or is it just a fun deck?

What do Night March decks do against Lysandre's Trump Card?

Do they have any way to make a quick comeback besides Professor's/N/Shauna? Or are they playing so many of those that they are contantly at full hand at all times?

They get all their battle compressors and whatnot back off the Trump Card so it only takes 1, maybe 2 turns to get rolling again.

Lysandre's Trump Card essentially restarts the game and Night March excels at fast starts.

Maximinn said:
They get all their battle compressors and whatnot back off the Trump Card so it only takes 1, maybe 2 turns to get rolling again.

Lysandre's Trump Card essentially restarts the game and Night March excels at fast starts.

Yes, but when your opponent plays Lysandre's Trump Card with you having a dead hand, and the opponent immediately follows with Quaking Punch, it is very very difficult to recover.

bsguedes said:
Maximinn said:

Yes, but when your opponent plays Lysandre's Trump Card with you having a dead hand, and the opponent immediately follows with Quaking Punch, it is very very difficult to recover.

I was talking about something like that... it is not that the trump card is the only card they will be playing... And still I think that a 1-2 turn setback will be just the thing some decks need to beat you.

Back