MIDNIGHTdesigners -- GFX Group

samus_metroid_by_nerdsparks-d6ppu2s.png

pokemon_n_by_nerdsparks-d6hpwn5.png

And I have another that I am on debating on how to finish. I will post it eventually. Is anyone still keeping up with this?

USERNAME = safari
PROGRAM(S) OF CHOICE = Adobe Illustrator, PS, Indesign
DEVIANTART ACCOUNT = I don't really use dA anymore, I use Dribbble.
2 EXAMPLES OF YOUR OWN WORK = http://dribbble.com/theZHAN
3 EXAMPLES OF GFX INSPIRATION (things you like) = My inspiration! All of these beautiful shots: http://dribbble.com/theZHAN/shots/likes

Gentlefish said:
I'm still here. :p

Haha good to know. I check this everyday if not every other day, so rest assured I'll be reading anything posted. Supersleuth can also be contacted very easily.

safariblade said:
USERNAME = safari
PROGRAM(S) OF CHOICE = Adobe Illustrator, PS, Indesign
DEVIANTART ACCOUNT = I don't really use dA anymore, I use Dribbble.
2 EXAMPLES OF YOUR OWN WORK = http://dribbble.com/theZHAN
3 EXAMPLES OF GFX INSPIRATION (things you like) = My inspiration! All of these beautiful shots: http://dribbble.com/theZHAN/shots/likes

That stuff is awesome. I always wanted to learn how to make stuff like that but I don't really have an eye or talent for it unfortunately. Keep me posted on your work, and welcome to the group!

One of my old Fakemon REVAMPED! He's called Fantasmight and is Ghost/Fighting.
http://dribbble.com/shots/1282553-Phantom?list=users

I've been so busy with school and work recently. :(

Forgive me for not posting anything, I'd love to get back into this =D

It's alright if I revive this thread, right? I managed to squeeze some time in my tight schedule this week to make this. Critique is appreciated, as I am still fairly new to this stuff. This was a project that we were all required to do at the end of our first unit in my graphic design class.

2ry4orc.png

10erfck.png

2itnbqv.png

30t5i8n.png

2urto5e.png
C&C please.

I'll join and help critique for a bit, don't really do any of my own stuff any more as don't have CS3 on my Laptop!
Examples of Work:

@DF

Glad to have you aboard DF! Hope you pop your head in now and again!

@Prometheus

Of course its alright if you revive the thread! I always try to be available for anyone who enthusiastic!

I won't specifically rate what you posted but I will give you a few things for the future if thats ok =)

Colors, Lighting, Depth. In no particular order because i think they're all related as far as what I'm saying.

Your tags/sigs need a focus/focal which should be accentuated and highlighted by the colors and light spots (and then subsequent shadows produced).

Something should attract my eye's focus, and you do that with a combination of color and lighting. None of the tags you posted have that, but if they did i think with the effect you're using I think these would really be awesome.

I've posted some pretty cool tags in this thread already, but if you want to look at more stuff to get an idea what I'm talking about you can check my deviantart's favorites

www.nerdsparks.deviantart.com

I would suggest my own stuff, but Im not great at it either. So maybe check out both since I can tell you how I do what I do, but not what other people do.

please do feel free to ask questions as far as what i mean, i didn't want to just give you tutorials but instead explain my honest thoughts!

Haven't made any of these for almost a month, so I made a few today. Enjoy.

wunza0.png

keywp5.png

6oh278.png

2lvxsuq.png

9rrcj8.png

C&C please.

victini_by_dracanix-d7f2753.png

I'd like to request a serious critique on this one. Out of all the banners I've made so far, I think I've finally made some serious improvement with this. I'd like to say I am slowly gaining a hold on the basic concepts of flow and lighting in my banners, but I need for someone to tell me where I can improve even more. I saved every little bit of the process in a PSD file, if anyone is interested in seeing how I went about finishing it. If anyone woud like to see it, I can update this post with the attachment.

Prometheus said:
victini_by_dracanix-d7f2753.png

I'd like to request a serious critique on this one. Out of all the banners I've made so far, I think I've finally made some serious improvement with this. I'd like to say I am slowly gaining a hold on the basic concepts of flow and lighting in my banners, but I need for someone to tell me where I can improve even more. I saved every little bit of the process in a PSD file, if anyone is interested in seeing how I went about finishing it. If anyone woud like to see it, I can update this post with the attachment.

The think border takes away from the light. I don't feel like you quite established the flow.
I think it could've been better with a mix of yellow.

First I would probably start using high quality renders from anime or games. Second the tag itself is a good start but you need to look where the light is coming from on the render to start with, the light on the render is further to the left and it needs lighting behind and infront of the focal. Finally it needs effect in the foreground to create depth.
It's a good start and am looking forward to more, find Graphics websites and sign up as well as looking at tutorials!
KIU.

Back