• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DarkLeaves (Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX / Leafeon)

Moe666

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon 13

• 3 Yveltal EX
    3 Yveltal
    3 Darkrai EX
    2-2 Leafeon PLF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums 35

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    2 N
    2 Colress
    2 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    1 Teammates

3 Ultra Ball
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Acro Bike
    2 Energy Switch
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Switch
    1 Megaphone

2 Shadow Circle

2 Head Ringer
    2 Hard Charm
    1 Silver Bangle
Energy 12

• 8 Darkness Energy
    3 DCE
    1 Grass Energy

Strategy:
Well Head Ringer is there to slow down the opponent while boosting Leafeon and Yveltal EX indirectly. Darkrai is to get around Poison and to spread damage or simpl to switch from one Yveltal EX to another.
The random Silver Bangle is included to let Leafeon easily OHKO Seismitoads or Kyogres.
Acro Bike seems pretty nice as it speeds up the deck while possible putting Dark Energys to the discard pile.

The deck overall seems pretty solid, but I think it can still be improved and I would really appreciate some suggestions :)

I want to start by asking what purpose Leafeon serves. Yveltal EX also does damage based on opponent's energy, and it's much more effective at doing it. You already have a decent matchup against Seismitoad (and I would argue that it's a pretty strong matchup). So is Leafeon for Kyogre? I haven't tested against it so you'll know better than I if a 2-2 line is really necessary.

Other comments:
3 Darkrai is honestly just a waste of space. You never want to attack with it unless it's necessary, and 2 should be more than enough. So -1 Darkrai

In my personal opinion, Acro Bike is inferior to normal Bicycles (and certainly to N, of which you only have 2). With 4 Juniper, 3 Ultra Ball, and a Professor's Letter it's usually not difficult to get dark energy in the discard. I haven't extensively tested it, but I would -3 Acro

I don't know how practical the 2 Skyla are. Other than grabbing Shadow Circle and maybe Head Ringer, it doesn't seem like it would be more beneficial to search one trainer than refresh your hand. So -2 Skyla, +2 N

At this point we have 4 open spots, so you can choose what to include. Here are some good options:
1 DCE (having four is preferred)
3 Bicycle (if you miss the draw from Acro Bike this is a better card)
1 Hard Charm (the third one is helpful, especially since you have 6 Yveltals that can use it)
2-4 Super Scoop Up (personally I'm a HUGE fan of this card, but it's up to you)

Anyway, hope I could help! Sorry if I sounded critical, but I do wish you the best of luck.

Thanks for your suggestions and even without your last sentence, I wouldn´t have taken it as plain criticism.

Regarding Leafeon, it depends on how you define effectiveness, I think both are pretty effective in their own way, Yveltal can easily hit hard and take hits as well, Leafeon on the other side needs the opponents set-up, but can hit hard as well for only one energy, especially among decks like fairy, seismitoad and kyogre(where it can even OHKO for one enery), while only taking one prize as well. And although you are completely right by saying that Yveltal already has a good Match-Up against Toad-Variants, I hate Seismitoad with laserbank and hammers so much that Ilove having that Leafeon which can very often one hit Toads, though its not really needed. Overall it seemed like it put a lot of pressure on the opponent, especially among the above mentioned decks.

The thing with Darkrai is that it just didn´t feel right at 2, but 3 also seems a bit much as I only need 1 on the bench, although I think it should be said that Darkrai was a pretty good attacker during Night-March games. But I would definitely try putting in something else for the 3rd Darkrai.

Well I personally prefer Acro over bicycles as they can help to turn bad hands into good ones(when you couldn´t get your hands down to 4 or less) while possible putting Dark Energies to the discard pile for baby Yveltal. Furthermore bicycle seems to be only better when your hand is at 3 or below (inclunding bycicles). But this is just my personal reasoning.

I personally loved Skyla as she really saved my ass a couple of times simply by being able to search for Switch or Energy Switch(really, that´s no joke ^^). On the other side I´m just not such a big fan of N, they can come extremely great by drastically reducing the opponents options they seem to be able to do the exact opposite or be completely dead.

Super scoop up seems really interesting, but at the moment I´m not playing any Ace Spec, as this is the deck I´m testing in PTCGO where I don´t have any Ace Specs at all, so would it be better to use Scramble Switch or Scoop Up Cyclone?

And I hope I don´t sound like somebdy who simply wants to defend his choices, but I wanted to share my reasoning and how they worked during tests :)

Back