Pokemon How Quickly You Finish Your Pokémon Playthrough?

RE: How Quickly Do You Play Through a Pokémon Game?

When's for the first time I try to take it as slow as possible even though I like to play all day. I enjoy a lot to walk/run and explore every part without using the bike, talking and battling everybody, going on all buildings and training my team with every Pokemon I encounter.So it takes some time to finish it the way I play.

Depends on it, but most of them take at least 50+ hours. I always do other stuff, talk to everyone, catch every Pokemon in the area, etc. I also always train my Pokemon before gyms, I hate having under leveled Pokemon in my party. Scenery also tends to distract me, Pokemon is, in all honesty, not that ugly... I kind of like the art style... a lot. I remember looking at Absol for around thirty minutes the first time I saw it, it became one of my favorite Pokemon ever instantly.

When doing a challenge I tend to go quicker, around 30 or less hours for a speedrun in the larger games and somewhere between 40 to 50 hours for a nuzlocke. No-evolution single type runs can take as long as 60-70 hours if the type is a disadvantage in the later parts of the game, especially the league...

When I play it for the first time, I take it really slow and explore everything as much as possible. I talk to all the NPCs and check each suspicious spots for hidden items and use Cut/ Surf at previous places after getting the HMs. I don't pay much attention in training my team as I just play to get the feel of the game before anything else.

After the 1st time, I get very serious about my team members. I EV train them as much as possible and level them up like crazy. I also try my best to complete the Dex as much as possible, and getting all the items.

I don't have as much time as I'd like to play this, I only really have Sundays and sometimes an evening or two in the week. So it means I get excited everytime I play, it means it takes longer but that's okay. I am not one of those Grinders, I play for a few hours at a time max.

Blob55 said:
LiepardTrainer said:
I take too long playing any Pokemon games. Even when I start a new journey (buying a new game for me, since I don't restart any of my games), it takes me too long to finish.

I explore everywhere, I talk with everyone, I challenge all trainers even in the gym, I battle all wild Pokemon I encounter (unless I"m rushing to a Pokemon Center).

Every time I get access to a new HM, I'll return back and explore everything I missed, areas that weren't accessible without the HM. In my current White 2 "All Watchog Team" I"m a little over 200 hours (202.50 hours, checked) and only have 5 badges.

It will be the same with XY, I'll take my time and explore, challenge all the trainers, and battle the wild Pokemon (unless I need to rush to a Pokemon Center).

How is that even possible? My slow games take about 50 hours.

I take my time exploring. I battle every wild Pokemon I encounter, like I mentioned, every time I get a new HM (not counting Fly since I don't use it at all) I go back to the first city and explore everything I couldn't get to before (like water routes or boulders that where in the way, or trees to cut down), at least for me it's possible.

My first time playing through, I like to take my time and explore the areas, hunt for different species in each area and catch whichever I want for my team or find interesting, and of course I spend plenty of time training and talking to NPC's. However, I also usually spend long periods of time playing, so I get through it pretty fast.

When Soul Silver came out, I got the game a few days after release and then I plowed through it. In exactly two weeks time, I made it to the top of Mt. Silver and sweeped over Red.Not only that, but I also caught and trained a large amount of Pokémon and caught all of the legendaries I was able to at the time. There were a few distributions after those two weeks, so those don't really count. I usually do this with all the new Pokémon games.

For some reason I didn't get into Black and White as much. In Black I made the mistake of starting with Oshawott, and then trying to use Pansage on my team. Pansage sucks, and I didn't think to catch a Darumaka, so I was having a rough time since I didn't have a solid fire type. In Black 2 I started with Tepig, and found the game much more enjoyable and actually got into the post-game. I didn't do much of the side stuff though, like the subway battles. It's amazing how much better the games feel when you choose the typical starter element you always do.

It really depends on the game for me. 1st play of HG took 8:12, but others took a week or 2 in general.

I make sure to check EVERY Trash Can I see... Even if I know there won't be an item inside it... *eye twitches*
Completionism/OCD I guess... <_<

It took me ~55hrs to beat the Elite Four in Black 2.

It's been a long time since I've gotten a brand new pokemon game to play. Were talking like emerald here. So X being the first real DS pokemon game I will play through, I'm really going to take the time through it and talk to every npc. Usually though I rush through.

I'm a speedster who tries to get through the game as fast as possible. Got Black 2's champion beat in less than 2 days.

I beat most game's champion in about two days.
I'm planning to take my time with X so I can really enjoy all of the features and experiment with leveling the new Pokemon.
And, I need something to hold me over until the next interesting game comes out.

It depends.

Most games (Anything but Gen III and Gen V) I can complete in maybe four months, depending on whethe or not I procrastinate.

In Gen III, I'm still yet to bother to complete. Gen V I completed after leaving it for like a year, and BW2... Yeah, I gave up hope for that when I found out that after seven gyms, my file was corrupted.

As you can see, I don't complete it all in one go, but maybe spend an hour each week grinding... Maybe? :E

For me, it depends on the pace of the game. 4th Generation felt so slow and plodding to even get the second Gym Badge, so that took me quite a while to play through but I was also younger back then compared to when 5th Gen came out and I beat it in around a week. I can't tell if it was just the natural pace of the game, how long I felt like blazing through it or the difficulty at the time as being the main cause, but it has definitely changed over the years for me.

dmaster out.

A week or so; I tend to get stuck at the elite 4 sometimes (I ended up taking 3 weeks to beat black/white elite 4), and there is the occasional gym leader that rocks your world.
If I have a sturdy team I cruise through the gym leaders. I remember I got to Elesa, the electric gym leader in b/w, in about 6 hours I think. I wanna take my time with this game, I want my team all to be the same level, unlike my white team which always had a main Pokemon battling (in my case it was my badass Zoroark). I also want to be at least 5 levels above the person i'm battling so I'll most likely take 30m-1hr to train my team.

[private]Added some punctuation because it was impossible to read. Sending a PM about it too :I
~Frezgle[/private]

How is that even possible? My slow games take about 50 hours.

Because its a Watchog team. Grinding them would be annoying, and they're weak, so you need to train them a good few levels before a gym (unless of course, you got lucky and have 31 IVs in all stats :p)

Plus, the extra exploring, looking for items, and battling all of the trainers.

I like to take it easy and don't rush. With the openness of this new game, I'm sure it will take me more time going from gym to gym as I'm very curious, and because, I want to find shinys this time around :p Plus, I don't have too much time to play it so, I will take my sweet time, and I'll make sure I'll enjoy it to the fullest.

I recall the one game I rushed without stopping too much was Sapphire. I went from the start to the E4 in less than 3 days.

RE: How quickly do you play through a Pokémon game?

Well... let's see, the story itself isn't bad, but the fact that it prolongates the game, and tries to manipulate me into thinking I'm achieving something more than I'm actually achieving? Its annoying. The meaty competitive environment is so much more satisfying than all the walking, breeding, leveling, TM's, blah blah blah.

To its credit, I do like when the game presents to you a puzzle within the exploring segments of the game, like Trick House, Rocket's Hideout, stuff like that. But most of the game is just mindless interactions with very easy tasks that waste my friggen time...

I propose that Pokemon installs a more consistent "Turbo speed" feature, just like they did with the Dodrio Gameboy Tower in Stadium.

Please tell me that there IS a legitimate way to do that.

Most of the time, it takes me around a week to beat the game up to the Champion, with 20something playtime hours. I think after postgame, I'm usually at 40-50 something hours unless there is no postgame like in the original Ruby/Sapphire.

I explore everywhere and talk to the NPCs. I don't rush through the game, but at the same time I have a lot of free time to play it so I end up doing all that and finishing quickly. +I don't breed, "catch them all", etc. I just do exploration + sidequests and story mode.

It depends on how interesting the storyline is and the difficulty of the game. I went slowly with B2 because Cheren was a nice surprise when it comes to difficult and so I really had to train and come up with a plan, and until fightiing Elesa I felt the game was amazing and enjoyable and so I was taking my time. After that, it was a piece of cake and it went fast (I also didn't like the northern part of Isshu, so I didn't wanted to stay around for long).

As for HG, I went neither slowly nor speedy. I started the game with the thought that I couldn't get a Mareep (which isn't true in HG) and so I had to train a Bellsprout and trade it for an Onix, which made it slowly with a Chikorita for starter...I also was enjoying the nostalgia and was talking to everyone. After that, the game isn't hard but I didn't speeded it.

In the end, I now care even more for my partners and so I try to spedn time leveling it up, more so after the "Cheren experience", which takes some time.

Edit: as for the actual time...a week, a week and a half most of the time. Right now, with work, if I were to start a new game, it would take a month or more.

Back