Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Just have Santa order it online for you XD.:)

There will be plenty in stock. This is the time when Nintendo knows they're gonna make the most money. The timing, honestly, is perfect: holidays around the corner and arguably their biggest and most popular game(s) being released at the same time just equals cash.

I played Smash on the Wii U and, thank heavens, it's superior to Brawl but...still lacking in technical skill when compared to Melee and PM.

Anyone else think that Melee/PM will continue to be the best in terms of competitive Smash?

Melee is still the best SmashBros game. Nintendo staff play that game on hours on end to this day.:)

Serperior said:
Anyone else think that Melee/PM will continue to be the best in terms of competitive Smash?

I like the way Ash from GameXplain put it: Melee is loved so much because it's broken. The crazy things you can pull off are great. But it all feels removed from the "normal" game. And there's nothing wrong with that. But it brings up a point on why people won't be leaving Melee any time soon, if ever: the things in Melee that brought it to such a competitive level were no intended and, as such, will not be returning. You won't see Wave-Dashing ever again. Or crazy, one-combo kills. That's not what Smash is supposed to be in Sakurai and Team's eyes.

So, yes. I will say that for those highly invested in Melee/PM those two will remain king in that environment.

How is Melee broken when it was the coolest smash bros game for the GCN? N64 smash was more broken than the Melee version because Pikachu's Thunderbolt attack occasionally stuck to opponents and sometimes did not unstick for 10 minutes or more. At least in my game it did and you could get items very easily compared to Melee as well. In Melee the CPU goes right for the items. On N64 the CPU was to slow at times to get the items and I did so many KO's with Pikachu that it was not even funny and I knew his back kick to stop anyone who had the hammer as well. Also sometimes I got double Pokemon in Pokeballs and occasionally got 3 Charizards as well.:)

You mean Buy one right? You have but one LOLz.:)

I don't think Project M will be popular outside of the hardcore Smash crowd; SSB4 has so much new content that anyone with a Wii U will be playing it. I think a lot of folks will stick with Melee, but I don't think SSB4's competitive scene will be bad either.

That said, do you think Nintendo will be making more of the Smash Gamecube controllers? I'm considering getting one or two, so I'm curious. I'd say so, but I've heard different things from different people.

I feel that they most likely will stop after christmas, then start again or make more types of Smash controllers when Mewtwo is released. And not just from your PC box either! lol bad joke is bad

Omanyte said:
I don't think Project M will be popular outside of the hardcore Smash crowd; SSB4 has so much new content that anyone with a Wii U will be playing it. I think a lot of folks will stick with Melee, but I don't think SSB4's competitive scene will be bad either.

That said, do you think Nintendo will be making more of the Smash Gamecube controllers? I'm considering getting one or two, so I'm curious. I'd say so, but I've heard different things from different people.

Well, I don't plan on buying one so... You should probably jump on it, as they'll end up becoming rare.
I'll inform you if I ever buy one and cement a low price on them forever. :>
my luck is impeccably bad on to-be rare items

I think that Melee is the one Smash Brothers game that everyone will be hosting at Tournaments for now.

What can I say? It was a Perfect Mess!

Sakurai's mentioned before that he acknowledges functions exclusive to Melee, like Lag Canceling and Wave-Dashes, and specifically removed them from Brawl.
Considering that those functions weren't revived or even presented as an option in Smash 4, I feel that as long as Sakurai stays involved with the development of the Super Smash Brothers games, there will never be an option to Lag Cancel or Wave Dash or any other technical mumbo jumbo ever again in future Smash titles.

Sorry if I'm a bit off topic here, but don't you love it when you manage to just barely crawl into the rankings of an online tourney then you can't even participate due to a sudden storm? Yeah, well that's me right now. I've actually had better luck finding GCN adapters online with 10+ stock left than connecting to a battle.

Funny how you find things when you don't try.
WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE HINT HINT

By the way, you guys know how there's been no proper tier list for a while? http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/
Voila! Updates daily, weekly, AND monthly data! Best part is the character that I now use the most (out of respect for the character due to their awesomeness in a certain game) happens to be #1! Lol
Also, did anyone know Little Mac is the 2nd youngest character in the game?

Oh look, I main character #1 and secondary character #2. Figures.

Is voting open to everyone on that site? I'd take results with a grain of salt if it is--some players may vote without understanding a characters true potential/weaknesses. I'm shocked at how low Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Dedede are--I really thought competitive players were warming up to them.

As a Bowser player, I can attest that he is definitely way too low on that list.

Dedede is pretty good, too.

Apparently the problem with Bowser is his matchups--he struggles against a lot of the top tier characters for various reasons (like for example against Sheik, although obviously this is coming with some bias, Bowser doesn't have a lot of solid approach options and Sheik can camp and then combo extremely well due to Bowser's weight once he's in close). I do agree that he seems far too low on that list though.

That was the same for Melee. He was good for close range combat. He is impressively strong and can do some serious damage at close range but he is slow.:)

I have a question, and I apologize if it's dumb - can you unlock more things to put in the Stage Builder? I've looked in a few places, and there's no information. I'm hoping so, because otherwise I won't be able to do as much with it.

Thanks in advance!

Did they have this type of thing in Brawl? If they did try beating the Target test if they brought that back. I don't have the games but try that and see what happens? Also look online as sometimes the info might be there. Remember your friend is Google. They have answers to just about anything but not always.:)

Omanyte said:
I have a question, and I apologize if it's dumb - can you unlock more things to put in the Stage Builder? I've looked in a few places, and there's no information. I'm hoping so, because otherwise I won't be able to do as much with it.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't used it myself, but based on what I've seen and heard, I'm pretty sure there's no unlocks. It's one of the biggest complaints reviewers seem to have about the game.

Back