Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Blah said:
Adapter just became available on Amazon. I'd order quick (just snagged one myself, but they're probably gonna sell out very soon).

Edit: Aaaaaand they're gone. Wow.

Crazy, isn't it? I want another one for 8-player Smash, but I think I may wait for Nintendo to have enough supplied to where the supply is actually sane. I guess if the unlikely happens and I have 5+ people someone will have to use a Wiimote :p

SotS said:
The game isn't the issue in finding, it's the GameCube controller adaptor. The game is very easy to come across, thankfully.

Oh did you try Nintendo's online store? They might still have them in stock. When I first saw the post originally I thought someone had the wrong thread.:)

xxashxx said:
SotS said:
The game isn't the issue in finding, it's the GameCube controller adaptor. The game is very easy to come across, thankfully.

Oh did you try Nintendo's online store? They might still have them in stock. When I first saw the post originally I thought someone had the wrong thread.:)

I didn't see any there, but I'm in the US. It might be different where you are.

Iam am in the U.S. also. Keep checking their store and also check game electronic stores like Best Buy etc.:)

Jesus balls the adapters are going for $100+ on amazon. If that is the price of them then I will likely never get one.

It's not like the Wii U controller is terrible anyway.

I feel like I'm the only person here who doesn't care for the GC controller. I can play Smash just fine with the GamePad/Pro Controller, although I'm a complete noob to the series.
I apologize for my potentially blasphemous statement.

Oh my goodness I'm so glad I got the bundle as soon as I did. This really sucks though. I'm kinda surprised too. I never expected the adapters to be so sought after that they're going for $100. I mean its only for one game atm... That's just bananas.

I can't stand the Gamepad, but it's possible the Wii U pro controller is more manageable (haven't tried it yet). The buttons feel too far spaced out and the x/y/a/b buttons have rather sharp edges so sliding your finger between them when doing short hop aerials is actually painful.

Also, is anyone else noticing input lag? I can't tell if it's lag or just my own lack of precision/timing with a controller I'm not used to after playing the 3DS version for so long, but I seem to be way worse at the Wii U version with some of the faster characters than in the 3DS version.

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
I feel like I'm the only person here who doesn't care for the GC controller. I can play Smash just fine with the GamePad/Pro Controller, although I'm a complete newbie to the series.
I apologize for my potentially blasphemous statement.

It's not blasphemous, but a large reason you say this is because you're new. Melee came out thirteen years ago and used the Gamecube controller. Brawl was fully Gamecube compatible. This means some people have potentially been using the same controller for thirteen years. Breaking a habit is hard enough, now add learning new muscle memory on top of that. At this point the Gamecube controller is the arcade stick of Smash Bros.

I started with Melee but didn't get serious until Brawl where I got used to the Classic Controller. All these controller options are insane.

I guess you guys better save you money or ask Santa Clause for the adapter XD. He comes in less than a month now.:)

Having problems getting the adapter here in Europe, too. :< So, when hubby and I have been playing, he uses the gamepad and I use a wiimote/nunchuck combo. It's not inherently bad, it's just forcing me to adapt years of muscle memory from Melee and Brawl into something completely different, and I already wasn't that great of a player. We're still shopping around for an adapter, so hopefully at some point we'll get one.

I saw one adapter going for a whopping $240!! Wow!! It's a good thing I started with Brawl using the Classic Controller!

Chocolate Death said:
I saw one adapter going for a whopping $240!! Wow!! It's a good thing I started with Brawl using the Classic Controller!

Seriously? That's insane! I'll learn to handle with what's new...

Guys Santa is coming soon. Maybe for Xmas or your B day you can get it XD.:)

I imagine Nintendo will resupply these - why wouldn't they want the profits involved instead of some guy on Ebay? Anyway, I sent an email to Nintendo customer support asking about this. I'd suggest you guys contact Nintendo as well - if they aren't making more of these, they need to know that people want them.

Good luck!

Chocolate Death said:

What the fliiiiiiiiiip

eBay prices are a rising average. $100. I can't. Where did I go wrong. Why didn't I pre-order two. *sigh*

Omanyte said:
I imagine Nintendo will resupply these - why wouldn't they want the profits involved instead of some guy on Ebay? Anyway, I sent an email to Nintendo customer support asking about this. I'd suggest you guys contact Nintendo as well - if they aren't making more of these, they need to know that people want them.

Good luck!
Relax. They are making more anyway. This isn't some limited edition thing.

Back