ORAS QR Codes for ORAS not supported!

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
Hello guys. I'm feeling very frustrated right now since I've been unable to scan any secret bases QR codes. Everytime I try I get the message "This QR code is not supported".
Is anyone else having this problem or is it only me? Because I've been looking online and haven't find anything or anyone having this trouble. Can someone give me an idea on what to do or what could be the problem? Thanks to everyone in advance and I apologize in case this question has been answered somewhere else... :(

RE: QR CODES FOR ORAS NOT SUPPORTED

Does your game have a glitch where the codes do not work? It might be possible that the glitch has disabled the QR codes.:)

I'm having the same problem as you, Jaime. I want to know how it could be fixed if it can.

The only thing I can think of is maybe there are parental or privacy controls set up on either your 3DS or your PSS in-game? Are you all able to get SSB updates when connecting online and checking your BuzzNav?

Scanning the QR codes for Secret Bases is extremely difficult. You have to have it just right for it to correctly scan it. They do work..I've scanned a few. You just have to be patient and alter how close/far your 3ds is from the code.

If it's anything like the Magnagate detection in the 3DS Mystery Dungeon, I can say that it probably does work. Just not well.
At all.
And that it's likely not worth the time in trying.

It works, just make sure you're aiming the camera perfectly at the QR. All the squares in the corners should line up with the camera's squares. I never had a problem with mine.

Also make sure you have an SD card inserted..

Seven is a Color said:
What's a QR code? I keep seeing that term, but I have no idea what it means or what it's used for.

QR codes are special images meant to be scanned. Outside of pokemon, many lead to websites and other things, but in this case it's meant to give the game the data needed to generater a base without the need to directly connect to another person's 3DS for the base. Here's an example (my current base).

You have to goto your secret base and goto "manage qr codes" on your computer, then from there, scan the qr code, and voilà, problem solved... don't ever use the home screen qr camera

Back