ORAS My experience with pre-ordering OR/AS

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Maybe if im lucky, in 2-3 business days I will get a reply back with some kind of Pokemon gift basket or TRU gift card. That would be nice. Im not entirely expecting for them to give me anything, but just for something to be done about it really.

Oh yeah, and one part that I forgot to ad. I asked the guy about why the games were released on Friday night after I was told to come back Monday. His response was "Oh someone put the games in a spot where they dont usually go so we couldnt find them"

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Meh you people got lucky with 2 plushies for 2 games. >_>

My Toys R Us were pretty strict about "Buy a copy of both Alpha Sapphire AND Omega Ruby". I got there pretty late too and I was surprised to get my hands on the blue Charizard X. Those were going out REALLY fast, like I grabbed one of the last 20... still plenty of Charizard Y's though.

I feel your pain though as I had a similar experience but only at Wal-fart. Story time!

When I saw the Pokebeach ad, I drove down to TRU to preorder the games. I went to the Brockton location, Didn't have any pre-order cards and no idea what bonus I was talking about. The lady was super nice though and really tried to figure out my issue. The other employees were idiots and didn't care. No feeling 100% about this store I try the store in Dedham. I found a few of the cards left and managed to pre-order both.

HOWEVER... Wal-fart had an ad about Kyogre figures and I really wanted that. So I went to their shitty store and pre-ordered one. On release day though... the first guy I go up to... I was already thinking "this guy is old as hell and is probably not going to know what I'm talking about..." so I present my pre-order card, ask about the bonus figure and guess what? He didn't know what I was talking about. Go figure. I made a big deal, spoke to the manager, spoke to another electronics guy... eventually they looked at my e-mails and website ads to realize... "oh... this is only if you order now online". I'm like... "but it just says order now... that could be either way for in person or online." He responds "no, no no it's just for you if you ordered at that moment online. I'm sorry." >_> I was so angry.

So I cancelled my pre-order cause I wasn't going to hand this shitty store a dime. And... got my copy from Gamestop instead but no poster since I didn't pre-order. Meh. Didn't care too much for it. Then went to my TRU to pay off ORAS, there wasn't a big line but nearly every person in front of me had an annoyingly long transaction because they fussed over everything...

After a long wait I got both games, and my blue plushie but they kept me in suspense when they said "Uhhh I don't know if we have any left, the blue ones have been really popular..." but I got one of the last few!

The best part is that when I was chatting up the cashier she gave me a buy 1 get one 40% off discount for the games. I'm pretty sure they weren't doing that offer for the games, but I could be wrong either way an unexpected discount. However because she was so busy talking to me she didn't put the games in and I almost walked out with no games. When I came back she looked at me like I was crazy and thought for sure she put them in. She didn't argue though and just gave me the games.

But yea seems like most retail employees aren't well informed/don't give a shit about pre-order bonuses and do something like this. Unless they're Gamestop because the employees use the bonuses to get more pre-orders. I do hope you get some compensation for your experience. I ranted to Wal-fart but all they said was "sorry about your experience. your complaint has been forwarded to our headquarters and we'll be more careful with our online bonuses"

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
MrSquarepants said:
Meh you people got lucky with 2 plushies for 2 games. >_>

My Toys R Us were pretty strict about "Buy a copy of both Alpha Sapphire AND Omega Ruby". I got there pretty late too and I was surprised to get my hands on the blue Charizard X. Those were going out REALLY fast, like I grabbed one of the last 20... still plenty of Charizard Y's though.

I feel your pain though as I had a similar experience but only at Wal-fart. Story time!

When I saw the Pokebeach ad, I drove down to TRU to preorder the games. I went to the Brockton location, Didn't have any pre-order cards and no idea what bonus I was talking about. The lady was super nice though and really tried to figure out my issue. The other employees were idiots and didn't care. No feeling 100% about this store I try the store in Dedham. I found a few of the cards left and managed to pre-order both.

HOWEVER... Wal-fart had an ad about Kyogre figures and I really wanted that. So I went to their shitty store and pre-ordered one. On release day though... the first guy I go up to... I was already thinking "this guy is old as hell and is probably not going to know what I'm talking about..." so I present my pre-order card, ask about the bonus figure and guess what? He didn't know what I was talking about. Go figure. I made a big deal, spoke to the manager, spoke to another electronics guy... eventually they looked at my e-mails and website ads to realize... "oh... this is only if you order now online". I'm like... "but it just says order now... that could be either way for in person or online." He responds "no, no no it's just for you if you ordered at that moment online. I'm sorry." >_> I was so angry.

So I cancelled my pre-order cause I wasn't going to hand this shitty store a dime. And... got my copy from Gamestop instead but no poster since I didn't pre-order. Meh. Didn't care too much for it. Then went to my TRU to pay off ORAS, there wasn't a big line but nearly every person in front of me had an annoyingly long transaction because they fussed over everything...

After a long wait I got both games, and my blue plushie but they kept me in suspense when they said "Uhhh I don't know if we have any left, the blue ones have been really popular..." but I got one of the last few!

The best part is that when I was chatting up the cashier she gave me a buy 1 get one 40% off discount for the games. I'm pretty sure they weren't doing that offer for the games, but I could be wrong either way an unexpected discount. However because she was so busy talking to me she didn't put the games in and I almost walked out with no games. When I came back she looked at me like I was crazy and thought for sure she put them in. She didn't argue though and just gave me the games.

But yea seems like most retail employees aren't well informed/don't give a shit about pre-order bonuses and do something like this. Unless they're Gamestop because the employees use the bonuses to get more pre-orders. I do hope you get some compensation for your experience. I ranted to Wal-fart but all they said was "sorry about your experience. your complaint has been forwarded to our headquarters and we'll be more careful with our online bonuses"

I got the buy one get one 40% deal too at my Toysrus, the cashier told me it was a deal that started the 21st on video games. Very good day to have that deal aha, I ended up getting both games and the Charizard X Plush for less than $65 total :p

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Oh so it was an actual promo! Didn't see any ads for it though. :S You'd have to be crazy not to get the games at Toys R Us then. Other than some pre-order issues you may or may not run into, you save 23$ on your 2nd game.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I never got that buy one get one 40% off on either of my transactions. D: Guess my Toys R Us wasnt doing it, go figure.

Also im not sure if you were talking about someone else but my TRU never gave me two plushies for two games. I got two plushies because I ordered four games, in two separate transactions. So a copy both OR/AS on one receipt, and then another set of OR/AS on a separate receipt. Still one plush per set of games.

So no I would never pitch a fit over something if they were giving me one plush per game, if thats how it went this entire fiasco would have been avoided. ._. Well, most of it, aside from the dumbdonkeys misplacing the box and postponing the release... -_-

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
Zielo said:
dumbdonkeys

You just used my favorite word, ever. IRL i say that so much, thank you for using it!!! :D

And if you had gotten 1 plushie per game that would of been awesome. But TRU isnt trustworthy to me after this.

Axell Starr

I will set you ablaze now
THIRTEEN said:
A similar story happened to me last year with pre-ordering X & Y from GAME. They only got the games one month after, meanwhile I bought Y from another place.

...Game? You mean the game store conveniently named 'Game'? :p I know someone that pred the game from there and is getting it when it's released today or tomorrow, at least it is if it's the same conveniently named store I was told of.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
PhantomHaze said:
Zielo said:
dumbdonkeys

You just used my favorite word, ever. IRL i say that so much, thank you for using it!!! :D

And if you had gotten 1 plushie per game that would of been awesome. But TRU isnt trustworthy to me after this.

Haha, yeah I dont like cursing so I try to avoid it unless im just really that mad. I just came up with that word on the spot. xD

Still trying to sell my extra Charizard Y plush on eBay. So far no one is biting. :S Im not too worried about it though, I still have it for slightly cheaper than what its going for on Pokemon Center, it will sell eventually. Meanwhile im awaiting the Charizard X I bought for replacement on eBay.
Still having to clean up the mess TRU left me with.

PhantomHaze

Aspiring Trainer
I looked on ebay at the prices of the plushies and there was some really good deals, but then I check amazon and the prices were nearly 4x to 5x more than ebays. I use amazon since i have so much money in gift cards, but it looks like i wont be ordering any plushies :(

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
PhantomHaze said:
I looked on ebay at the prices of the plushies and there was some really good deals, but then I check amazon and the prices were nearly 4x to 5x more than ebays. I use amazon since i have so much money in gift cards, but it looks like i wont be ordering any plushies :(

Ever looked on ebay or amazon what they are asking for the steelbook it's crazy!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=pokemon+oras+steelbook&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpokemon+omega+ruby++steelbook&_nkw=pokemon+omega+ruby++steelbook&_sacat=0

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Zielo said:
I never got that buy one get one 40% off on either of my transactions. D: Guess my Toys R Us wasnt doing it, go figure.

Also im not sure if you were talking about someone else but my TRU never gave me two plushies for two games. I got two plushies because I ordered four games, in two separate transactions. So a copy both OR/AS on one receipt, and then another set of OR/AS on a separate receipt. Still one plush per set of games.

So no I would never pitch a fit over something if they were giving me one plush per game, if thats how it went this entire fiasco would have been avoided. ._. Well, most of it, aside from the dumbdonkeys misplacing the box and postponing the release... -_-

That doesn't seem right. Should be all Toys R Us, especially in the US. Damn your store gets suckier and suckier. :S But that would make me very angry, and ladies are going to get hurt.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/toys-r-us-hold-two-day-buy-one-get-one-40-nintendo-games/

And no, I was talking to those people who were like "hey I got a plushie for buying just one so I got both when I bought both games!" lucky xP Funny those TRU staff idiots can't even read their own policies.' I only got 1 for getting both games like the pre-order card says. And in caps too.

Now what makes me really angry... is that the figure that came with the Wal-mart bonus... is really rare... and people are asking a good amount of money for it... soooooo... I can't give Wal-fart a big enough middle finger for that.

Also hate the people who got their hands on the steelbook cases and asking for pretty much 3DS game prices for it. I want it, but not that bad, it's just going to sit and collect dust on my shelf anyway.

What a wonderful economy today, make a popular game, make something useless but special for it, make it in limited quantity, spread the word, watch people go crazy for it, sell it for 3-5x the price it's supposed to be worth, watch headaches, rage and empty wallets everywhere!

I remember when Hyrule Warriors released that limited edition scarf at only Nintendo World NY...

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Good news, my extra Charizard Y plush sold on eBay today for $23.36! :D And I already sold both extra Omega Rubys for 42 even, so all thats left is this last Alpha Sapphire. The Mega Charizard X plush I bought on eBay in replacement is in shipment. Almost fully compensated now....

Pangoro#1999 said:
PhantomHaze said:

Ever looked on ebay or amazon what they are asking for the steelbook it's crazy!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=pokemon+oras+steelbook&_from=R40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xpokemon+omega+ruby++steelbook&_nkw=pokemon+omega+ruby++steelbook&_sacat=0

Good LORD. Its sad, its like they're rubbing it in Americas face because they know we didnt get it. They also know there are people that will buy it because of the fact that we didnt get it too, so they pretty much have the monopoly on the price. :[
I wish GameStop did more than a poster, however much better their service is.

MrSquarepants said:
Zielo said:

That doesn't seem right. Should be all Toys R Us, especially in the US. Damn your store gets suckier and suckier. :S But that would make me very angry, and fools are going to get hurt.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/toys-r-us-hold-two-day-buy-one-get-one-40-nintendo-games/

And no, I was talking to those people who were like "hey I got a plushie for buying just one so I got both when I bought both games!" lucky xP Funny those TRU staff idiots can't even read their own policies.' I only got 1 for getting both games like the pre-order card says. And in caps too.

Now what makes me really angry... is that the figure that came with the Wal-mart bonus... is really rare... and people are asking a good amount of money for it... soooooo... I can't give Wal-fart a big enough middle finger for that.

Also hate the people who got their hands on the steelbook cases and asking for pretty much 3DS game prices for it. I want it, but not that bad, it's just going to sit and collect dust on my shelf anyway.

What a wonderful economy today, make a popular game, make something useless but special for it, make it in limited quantity, spread the word, watch people go crazy for it, sell it for 3-5x the price it's supposed to be worth, watch headaches, rage and empty wallets everywhere!

I remember when Hyrule Warriors released that limited edition scarf at only Nintendo World NY...

For the buy one get one 40% off game deal at TRU, was it only if you had their store discount card? If its members only then no I didnt have one so maybe thats why I didnt get it. Those types of things would normally ring up in the register automatically, so thats why im wondering.... however, if its for everyone period, I might have to tack on another complaint email to them with my other one. >_>

That Walfart thing would have made me mad too. The ONLY reason I choose to pre-order at a specific place (besides the default GameStop) is solely because of the pre-order bonus they have. If I am giving you my business, you better have the reason you're getting my business in the first place or else I wont be pre-ordering there again. There are plenty of other places I could be pre-ordering at.

Axell Starr

I will set you ablaze now
Zielo said:
For the buy one get one 40% off game deal at TRU, was it only if you had their store discount card?

No, I have a card but I didn't use it at all when preordering nor at pickup. You should have gotten it. It just sounds like your location has bad management.

Eron

Is back as of March 24
Well, here at Mexico we get less pre-order bonuses than the US.
Id est: We just got 1 bonus where I live at just 1 store (the others gave discounts, some not even a discount) and maybe in the entire country, a poster, we have lots of different stores from where to buy videogames here where I live. Department stores, retail stores, Wal-Mart etc.

As the game here costs 799$ pesos = 58USD, I was thinking of waiting some time so that it could cost less and but it with my own money. But, luckly by the time I was thinking of pre-ordering my OR there was sth like Black Friday, a copy of it, so I went with my mom to a store like Macy's, a department store, she bought some stuff and then went to the Games part, she bought 2 videogames, 1 for me, and 1 for my sister and then I asked her if she could pre-order me the OR game as I had no money at that moment, but I was telling her that it didn't matter if she didn't want/could to, but finally she bought it, it had a 25% discount (600$ pesos, 43.5 USD~ was the final price) and no bonus, for me it didn't matter because with the 25% discount it was already perfect.

But for example another friend I have had problems with the game as the store where he pre-ordered it wouldn't have the games until the 24-25th.