bsguedes said:
Really disappointed because there was no Rare Flare tools in my box. I got:

Florges EX (reg)
Gengar EX (reg)
Malamar EX (reg)
M Gengar EX SR
Lysandre Trump Card FA

6 holos

I'd rather get any of the ex cards you pulled than a trainer taking up a rare spot in the set with at best gimmicky new play mechanics...I play the tcg and don't get me wrong getting trainers in a pack is great, but to me there's nothing more disappointing than opening a pack and seeing a trainer card taking up your rare spot in the pack..

Pikachu6319 said:
ETB's are not better than boxes. Didn't get any FA's or EX's in mine. Considering how expensive boxes and stuff are I find it's better to buy the cards individually. It might be almost, or perhaps a bit more, expensive but at least you know what you're getting. I have to admit though if I had the money to use for boxes it'd be nice to do every now and again, I do miss that kind of thrill.

Agree 100%

If you can't buy a booster box, just save money until you can lol. The ETB are not worth it unless you really want the box and other cool contents inside, and regular booster packs are not worth it at all. The best way to do this is to buy one booster box if you can when the set comes out, then buy whatever singles you need online or trade one of the 600,000 diggersby you'll get for the regigigas or chandelure you will not get lol.

Ocho said:
I'd rather get any of the ex cards you pulled than a trainer taking up a rare spot in the set with at best gimmicky new play mechanics...I play the tcg and don't get me wrong getting trainers in a pack is great, but to me there's nothing more disappointing than opening a pack and seeing a trainer card taking up your rare spot in the pack..

Exactly, the sole Full Art card being an average Trainer card is frustrating. :(

I agree with you XY forward but I loved the full art trainers from Black and White, I think they looked more cartoony and more like Pokemon characters. And to be honest I'm not a huge fan of npcs getting full arts or characters getting two full arts. I think I'm more mad when an ace spec takes the spot of an ex...

Anyways I opened my second Plasma Blast booster box, it was a good box for me. I mostly bought it because I decided not to buy a Phantom Forces booster box(Since I pulled all the full arts earlier this month). I was on the lookout for any of 3 full arts(Genesect, Jirachi and Iris), 1 ex (Kyurem) and any of 7 or so reverses I'm missing from the set.

Jirachi Full Art
Jirachi Ex
Kyurem Ex
Scoop Up Cyclone
Master Ball
G Scope
4 Pokemon Catchers (I'm not a player but I know some people want to know a pull ratio for that. Interestingly I opened up one Blast pack today from Target and it had my first reverse Pokemon Catcher.)
9 Holos: Haxorus, Porygon-Z, Machamp, Mespirit, Golurk, Haxorus, Salamence, Sigilyph and Archeops.
Reverse Holos of Holos: Eelektross and Haxorus

Really happy to get Jirachi Full Art, was disappointed I got a 3rd ace spec instead of an ex or maybe even a full art Iris. I didn't get any new reverses. (I still haven't seen a reverse Squirtle)
I think the box might have been bad for most people but I got 2 new cards. My first box had 2 ex's, 1 Full Art Virizion and 1 regular art Virizion so I seem to still have bad luck with booster boxes. I'm also missing 3 full arts from plasma Freeze(Deoxys, Latias and Heatran) so I may get a box of that next in December.)

Maserati777 said:
I think I'm more mad when an ace spec takes the spot of an ex...

But they don't? Ace Specs were in the reverse spot and EX cards are in the rare spot.

Except you can't get an ex and ace spec in the same pack, and I got 3 ace specs in my last Plasma Blast box when on average you get 1 or 2.

Last Booster i bought was Boundaries Crossed, but if i recall it had:

1x Landorus EX
1x Keldeo EX
1x Cresselia EX
1x Celebi EX
1x Skyla FA

and, like every ace spec other then Computer Search. I was very happy with that box.

Opened a Flashfire box that I got on sale for BF. ~$70 and pulled:
Charizard EX (Stoke :( )
Kangaskhan EX
M Kangaskhan EX
M Charizard EX (69/106)
M Charizard EX (107/106)

Plus 7 holos and 8 reverse holo rares. Great box!

EDIT: Just opened a Furious Fists box that I got for the same price. Pulls:
Lucario EX
M Lucario EX
Hawlucha EX
FA Heracross EX
FA Fossil Researcher
Secret M Heracross EX

So overall, two great boxes.

Phantom Forces:

Manetric EX (FA)
Flogres EX (FA)
Xeroic (FA)
Gengar EX
Flogres EX
Malamar EX

No team flare gear though, which was a bit of a bummer. But, pulling a FA on the first pack is always nice.

darkpulse24 said:
Nice pulls. I'm thinking about getting a Boundaries Crossed box when I next have the money.

Thanks. I know i'd love to buy another box of BC or perhaps Plasma Storm next month. Sadly, i have a tooth to deal with first.

I opened 2 of my first Booster Boxes today and here is what I pulled :)

LTR:
1x Victini EX
1x Reshiram EX
1x Keldeo EX
1x Zekrom EX
1x Darkrai EX
1x Black Kyurem EX
1x RC Meloetta EX
2x RC Shaymin EX (FA)
2x RC Reshiram (FA)
2x RC Emolga (FA)
2x RC Mew EX (FA)
1x RC Meloetta EX (FA)

PTF
1x Manectric EX
1x Malamar EX
2x Florges EX
1x Manectric EX (FA)
1x M-Gengar EX (Secret Rare)

Opened a very lucky Furious Fist Box for Christmas!

x1 Mega Heracross EX SR
x1 Seismitoad EX FA
x1 Dragonite EX FA
x1 Mega Lucario EX
x1 Hawlucha EX
x7 Holos

I was really happy with these pulls!

I opened a Plasma Freeze booster box today, I was mostly looking for Deoxys Full Art, Latias Full Art, Heatran Full Art and any secret rare.

It had

Heatran FA
Tornadus FA
Deoxys Ex
Latios Ex
Rock Guard
8 Holos
6 new Reverses (Cryogonal, Pawniard, Noctowl, Voltorb, Mr. Mime and Hydreigon)

On top of this box I also opened 10 Plasma Blast packs from Target and got an Iris FA, Genesect Ex, Dialga Ex and a Master Ball Ace Spec.

Finally got around to getting a Phantom Forces box. Long overdue, but YGO has had a ton of releases lately, so I didn't have the cash.

Gengar EX (Full Art)
M Gengar EX (Regular)
Manectric EX (Regular)
M Manectric EX (Regular)

Holos:
Feraligatr
Heliolisk
Chandelure
Heatran
Slurpuff
Hydreigon
Goodra
Regigigas

Rare Reverses:
Venomoth
Yanmega
Leavanny
Chandelure
Gourgeist
Gigalith
Mightyena
Honchkrow
Spiritomb
Exploud
Diggersby

Trainers:
2 x Battle Compressor
2 x Enhanced Hammer
2 x Gengar Spirit Link
2 x Hand Scope
2 x Manectric Spirit Link
2 x Robo Substitute
4 x Roller Skates
2 x Target Whistle (Plus a reverse)
4 x Trick Coin
1 x VS Seeker
2 x AZ
3 x Lysandre's Trump Card
2 x Professor Sycamore
2 x Shauna
3 x Tierno (Plus a reverse)
3 x Xerosic
2 x Dimension Valley
2 x Steel Shelter (Plus a reverse)
2 x Double Colorless Energy
2 x Mystery Energy

I reaaaaaaally wish I got more VS Seeker. I got almost no Supreme Victors, and thus only have like 2 old VS Seekers, so I actually need the new one. >.> Aside from that, I'm rather happy. Solid box IMO.

Back