ORAS Confirmed Exclusive Legendaries in ORAS

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Looked around the forums regarding ORAS and didn't see this posted yet, so I took the liberty to do so. As the thread title says, here's a list that confirms my eariler guesses that the many Legendary Pokémon you can capture in ORAS are indeed exclusive to either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire

Update: Updated the list with more Legendaries. Will be updated further if needed.

Omega Ruby - Legendary Exclusive Pokémon:
  • Groudon/Primal Groudon
  • Reshiram
  • Palkia*
  • Ho-Oh*
  • Latios
  • Tornadus*

Alpha Sapphire - Legendary Exclusive Pokémon:
  • Kyogre/Primal Kyogre
  • Zekrom
  • Dialga*
  • Lugia*
  • Latias
  • Thundrus*

Other Legendaries confirmed:
  • Giratina*
  • Raikou (found in Trackless Forest)
  • Entei (found in Trackless Forest)
  • Suicune (found in Trackless Forest)
  • Landorus*
  • Terrakion (found in Pathless Plain)
  • Virizion (found in Pathless Plain)
  • Cobalion (found in Pathless Plain)
  • Mespirit (found in Nameless Cavern)
  • Uxie (found in Nameless Cavern)
  • Azelf (found in Nameless Cavern)
  • Kyurem (found in Gnarled Den)
  • Deoyxs (found in the Delta Episode. Is captureable)
  • Regigigas*
  • Heatran
  • Cresselia

Here's the page that will tell how to get each Legendary listed so far.

I'm getting both games, so I don't mind that the legendary Pokémon are exclusive. It already expected them to be, since there would be a lot of legendary Pokémon in one game otherwise.

The video does show Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, so perhaps which legendary Pokémon appear also depends on the other game you have.

I find it kind of funny that the exclusives list almost exactly matches my preferred titles from each generation/set: Kyogre (Sapphire), Xerneas (X), Palkia (Pearl), Lugia (Silver). Only Zekrom is wrong, since I got Black and Black 2 over White. :p I'm sure that once the games are out for a while there will be plenty of people resetting and Banking to get multiple legends and such, so trading will likely be able to let everyone get the legends they want if you're willing to wait enough, and/or reset and Bank to get multiples of your own to trade.

I'll be able to catch some different legends in OR, which i'm happy about. I got X and SoulSilver, so i''l be getting the oppisites this time.

I think you're jumping the gun here saying that Xerneas/Yveltal are in ORAS, it looks more like they're restating that you can get all of the legendaries between the 4 games. It wouldn't really make business sense anyway, since if they put Xerneas/Yveltal into ORAS you'd have less reason to buy XY.

Bolt the Cat said:
I think you're jumping the gun here saying that Xerneas/Yveltal are in ORAS, it looks more like they're restating that you can get all of the legendaries between the 4 games. It wouldn't really make business sense anyway, since if they put Xerneas/Yveltal into ORAS you'd have less reason to buy XY.

Completely forgot about that statement. Thanks for pointing it out. As such, I will edit my opening post regarding the list of exclusive legends and tell people not to be mistaken what they see at first sight, because that picture shown on Youtube isn't helping a lot.

Athena said:
I find it kind of funny that the exclusives list almost exactly matches my preferred titles from each generation/set: Kyogre (Sapphire), Xerneas (X), Palkia (Pearl), Lugia (Silver). Only Zekrom is wrong, since I got Black and Black 2 over White. :p I'm sure that once the games are out for a while there will be plenty of people resetting and Banking to get multiple legends and such, so trading will likely be able to let everyone get the legends they want if you're willing to wait enough, and/or reset and Bank to get multiples of your own to trade.

Funny you should mention that, because I exactly have the Pokémon Games of X, Silver, and Pearl as well. Only one I have among them which is different is Platinum.:D

Drohn said:
I'm getting both games, so I don't mind that the legendary Pokémon are exclusive. It already expected them to be, since there would be a lot of legendary Pokémon in one game otherwise.

The video does show Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, so perhaps which legendary Pokémon appear also depends on the other game you have.

Actually, the exclusives list might be a tad wrong, for as according to Bolt the Cat, Xerneas and Yveltal aren't likely to be captureable at all, but rather they are just depicted on that picture to emphasize the fact that all non-event legends can be captured between the four games, explaining the four games shown in the picture, plus the art of the XY legends.

I'm not liking this all the mascots i normaly choose are in the oppisite version. :( Wanted to hunt shiny zekrom if not shiny locked.

I'm getting both versions, so I'm not too bothered. It's also something that's pretty commonly done in Pokémon games anyway. Also, there would probably be too many legendaries in the game if they weren't split up.

Now that Zekrom and Lugia are AS exclusive, I might get that...
Crap, now I have to sit down and think for a while.

Aw, man... All my favorite exclusives were going to be in OR, and then they go and put Palkia and Lugia in AS!
...It's going to be hard to justify, but maybe I'll wind up having every single game from this gen.

It's really a bummer because I was going to try and soft-reset for a good Palkia, since Pearl was my first game...

Even though my favorite legendaries are in OR (I'm still getting both versions) I will "main" AS. Pokémon Sapphire was my first "real" Pokémon game, and I have a very special relationship towards the original Pokémon Sapphire.

That made me sound like a maniac or something, lol

So now not only does AS have my favorite exclusives when it comes to Hoenn counterparts, it also has my favorite of these legendary groups, the only exception being the creation trio (my order for them is Giratina > Dialga > Palkia). Which game to get will be an easy decision for me.

Oh...

So Lugia/Ho-oh are swapped now to match Groudon/Kyogre thematically (rather than being reverse in HGSS), okay.

Kyogre and Groudon being shown on there pretty much confirms that they won't show up both in the post-game for an appended Emerald showdown... ):

Yeah, it seems I'll really need to buy both versions... Not for the other legendaries, I have all of them, but I want to ditch my Emerald Pokémon for the new ones, so I need an actual Kyogre (I have Groudon and Rayquaza from SS, but no Kyogre)... If both could be caught in one game, I'd only buy OmegaRuby... Seriously, I still wished they had remade Emerald instead...

I'm not gonna do this again if they make DP remakes... I already have the Creation trio complete with Platinum, I see no reason to ditch my old team... The only reason I decided to do it with Emerald was because I bought it used, I don't even have the game box, so I don't mind so much about it. Platinum on the other hand was my first real/legit/bought game...

More legendaries have been confirmed. These include:
  • Deoxys
  • Entei
  • Raikou
  • Suicune
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Cresselia
  • Heatran
  • Cobalion
  • Terrakion
  • Virizion
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Landorus
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Regice
  • Regigigas
  • Latios (Omega Ruby Exclusive)
  • Latias (Alpha Sapphire Exclusive)

Man i'm so glad i pre-ordered Omega Ruby!

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJZW3TTJW0&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGmmoptGY3o

shaneb1996 said:
More legendaries have been confirmed. These include:
  • Deoxys
  • Entei
  • Raikou
  • Suicune
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Cresselia
  • Heatran
  • Cobalion
  • Terrakion
  • Virizion
  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus
  • Landorus
  • Regirock
  • Registeel
  • Regice
  • Regigigas
  • Latios (Omega Ruby Exclusive)
  • Latias (Alpha Sapphire Exclusive)

Man i'm so glad i pre-ordered Omega Ruby!

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoJZW3TTJW0&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGmmoptGY3o

Yep, I know. I will edit the post accordingly for the Lati Twins, but for the rest of the Legendaries, its unknown as of yet if they are exclusive to either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

That's a lotta legendaries.

I pre-ordered both games (which, tangentially, are coming out shortly before my birthday, THANK YOU GAME FREAK), but outside of Deoxys, I have all those legendaries, multiples of many of them (at one point, I somehow had five Giratina), so it wouldn't be a huge big deal one way or the other to me.

Legendaries that are still unconfirmed in ORAS:
Giratina, Phione, Kyurem.
How are we supposed to get them, outside of transferring them over?
They were the only legendaries, save for events (Mew, Jirachi, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect) that were not announced.

I wonder how they'll handle the legendary trios shown in CoroCoro this month. The ones revealed last month are most likely version exclusives. But for the beasts, pixies, and musketeers, will all three be available in both versions? Or will one be OR exclusive, the other be AS exclusive, and the third obtainable when you have both (I imagine they'll do that for Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus like in 5th gen)? And if so, which will be the third? The beasts, pixies, and musketeers don't have a trio master among them like some other legendary groups. I guess they could go by types and colors, like Entei in OR, Suicune in AS, etc.

I just hope they don't pull the same crap with the trios like they did with the birds in Kalos. Im sure most people will play through the game once or twice, but having only one of each trio appear in POST GAME based on a decision you made 20+ hours before reaching that point in the game would just be flat out annoying and inconvenient ONCE AGAIN. The bigger issue would be that now the decision has 3 or more mons tied to it instead of one.

Back