ORAS Your Team in OR / AS?

trombone2017

Pokemon Master
I would go with my team from R/S/E from years ago.

1, Swampert
2. Gardevoir
3. Aggron
4. Flygon
5. Rayquaza
6. Dusclops (Dusknoir now thanks to Sinnoh!)

I choose Swampert because I love Mudkip, and the evolutions are total tanks. Plus he learns ice beam which will help defeat any Mega Sceptiles I might go against. Gardevoir is a very strong Pokemon in general and like its wide move pool. Aggron is a total beast in battle and now has a mega evolution. Flygon is a Pokemon you dont have to explain why they are on my teams. Rayquaza is my Pokemon that knows all of the strongest moves and Dusknoir is my weapon against Brawly and Norman (if there are gym rematches like in Emerald)

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
After giving it some more thoughts, and discovered the adorable Mega Lopunny, here's the updated version of my team!

Blaziken - Early access Fire-type
Ludicolo - For surfing
(Mega) Lopunny - It's adorable! And good against Norman
Armaldo - Want to try using a fossil Pokemon, and Armaldo is my favorite :D
Altaria - For flying
???

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Orange:
Sceptile
Swellow if it get a Mega/Dodrio
That one trade Makuhita
Banette
Lanturn
Whiscash

Ash grey:
Swampert
Exploud
Grumpig
Skarmory
Ninetales
Pinsir/Shiny Beldum/Second Water Type

I like to pick unexpected teams and I don't even know how a lot of these Pokémon work, so it'll be fun to find out.

Omega Soul

I'm feeling dizzy
Ok, rethinking my team, I won't use event pokemon. I will get the shiny beldum, and will train it for wi fi battles, but I won't use it in-game. I have three females and three males. Tons of megas I know but forgive meh pls...

Solara The Blaziken (Female)
My first pokemon. Many memories. Will be my physical sweeper.

Azure The Altaria (Male)
Only hoenn flying pokemon I'd really use. Will be my flyer and will focus in special atk and special def.

Ferrosaur The Aggron (Female)
Epic tank. Can survive anything.

Luna The Absol (Female)
Awesome pokemon. Speed of the team.

Psycho The Tentacruel (Male)
Status wall and surfer. Can take a lot of hits.

google The Mancetric (Male)
Awesome pokemon. I just want him on ma team :p

That's it for now!

Time Traveler

I eat.I sleep.I time travel.
Alpha Sapphire Team
Swampert (Nickname:Rugaji) <---Because I got a Torchic in regular sapphire & Treeko in emerald
Electivire (Nickname:???) <---I never used one effectively in a team
Metagross (Nickname:???) <--- I need a steel type and this seems to be a good choice
Breloom (Nickname:???) <---this is for speed and attack

Thinking about adding...
Snorlax? (Nickname:Snore) <---I like Snorlax
Goodra? (Nickname:???) <--- I want a dragon type but since most of my team is slow i might change this
to a faster pokemon such as Noivern
Gliscor? (Nickname:???) <---I used this in X and worked well
Shiftry? (Nickname:???) <---to replace Breloom
Hydreigon? (Nickname:Trikephalo)

ChiefLittleFish

Given Up on Collecting the TCG
I want to do a new team in OR than before, but with just Gen 3 pokemon (and megas), so

(M) Sceptile
Shiftry
Breloom
Whiscash
Flygon (I'm using him regardless)
(Primal) Groudon

I'll probably need to replace either Shiftry or Breloom, but not yet.

If not, something like my Emerald team

(M) Blaziken
Exploud
Ludicolo
Castform/Banette
Flygon
Rayquaza

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I'm mainly planning to Nuzlocke this game, but a Mightyena is a must for my playthrough (since Mightyena is one of my favorite Pokemon).

Aerodactyl

Don't listen to her, she's crazy
King Xerneas said:
I'm mainly planning to Nuzlocke this game, but a Mightyena is a must for my playthrough (since Mightyena is one of my favorite Pokemon).

I'm with you on the nuzlocke, but I'm thinking of making a team to battle with and restart it. There are lots of Pokemon I want to try... Blaziken, tropius, wailord...

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
To see all your teams, it looks like a world tournament!! I don't know my teams yet but I will wait until the new hoenn dex comes out. :D

vraieesprit

Aspiring Trainer
JiJi-T said:
To see all your teams, it looks like a world tournament!! I don't know my teams yet but I will wait until the new hoenn dex comes out. :D

I played Emerald through more or less twice, my teams were:

First play:
Pelipper (Water/Flying/Ice)
Breloom (Grass/fighting)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Electric/Dark) - male
Blaziken (Fire/Fighting)
Manectric (Electric)
Someone else, but I forget who ><

Second play:
Ninetales (Fire)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Electric/Dark) - female
Pelipper (transfer from team A because I needed fly and Ice Beam, sigh)
Absol (Dark/Electric)
Swampert (Water)
Sceptile (Grass)

Second time I got to Elite Four, the first team only got to badge six. But both Ninetales and Absol were pokemon I bred in an earlier game, so they had some inbred advantages.

What this taught me...?

I am totally in love with Gardevoir/her evolutionary chain and I have two of them in Y as well, so probably I will breed a ralts in Y to use in Sapphire in some regard. I saw someone earlier say they're not that sturdy, and I had that same conversation with another friend on another forum a while back, but I found it pretty ok once it made final evolution.

The only problem I found with Ralts in Emerald is that it had no actual attacks for about ten levels xD but XY has given it Confusion at catch level so maybe that'll make it less difficult to raise in Sapphire/Ruby this time round. Plus there's now the Gallade option, but looking at the attack breakdown I still think Gardevoir is best. There are issues with some pokemon whose second type is a type that's weak against the first type. It's there with Ludicolo, and I suspect it's there with Gallade too...

Otherwise, want to use different pokemon to those I've already used. So if the game is sticking with the original pokedex, I shall have to be creative about electricity again.

I like to work with teams I raise from low levels. Legendaries are nice and can fill gaps sometimes in a pinch but I prefer not to have them in my team if there's another choice...

OmegaElectivire765

Aspiring Trainer
Omega Ruby:
Sceptile
Salamence
(or flygon if it gets a mega)
Lopunny
Swellow
Gallade

and of course...
Electivire(I don't care if it gets a mega or not but I would love it to...)
Electivire has been my favorite Pokemon since its debut in the Sinnoh region...
Before that my favorite was Vaporeon...:cool:

woohoo962

Aspiring Trainer
Swampert(mega?): Swampert is awesome.
Metagross(mega?): not the event one, the one Steven gives you post game(and hopefully a metagrossite) until then ill just be using Ninjask.
Swellow: I like early flying types(except for unfezant. Boo him) and if you get a toxic orb i would basically mow down everyone with a Toxic orb/guts/facade combo.
Weezing: a nice wall. My team would appreciate a bulky guy.
Magnezone; I use him or Magneton in basically every game.
Cradily: another bulky guy. Plus i like fossils.
Ninjask(temporary): This only stays until i get metagross. After that i dump it in my Battle Box.

Hana Na Tahou

Aspiring Trainer
Sceptile: even though i've used all three in RSE runs, and i normally use Water Starters, i'm going Sceptile.
Pelipper: I love Pelipper, and i think with the right moveset, it could run through this game with ease.
Dusclops/Dusknoir: Dusclops is an absolute must for me, it's one of my favorites, and my team could use some Defense. I've never trained a Dusknoir, so training by ear would be interesting.
Camerupt: This will be my "tank" of the game. Swing for the fences.
Mightyena/Ludicolo: Always wanted to train a Mightyena, recently thought training Ludicolo would be interesting.
Last party member i'm not sure about though. As for the event Beldum? Not gonna touch it at all. It's going in a box.

Pineapple X

former local demigod
I think my team would look something like this;

-Sceptile. For countless times I have went with Mudkip or Torchic and ignored this poor beast. ;-; This time that's gonna change. Scept's just a total badass.

-Altaria. Like Reshiwott said, 3fluffy5u. ^_______^

-Dusclops / Banette. I just want a ghost type in my team. And I love both Clops & Nette. Hard to choose between them. :/

-Absol. Utely.

And something. I just haven't decided yet.

Hana Kuzane

Researcher of Legendary Pokémon
I can't wait to get my Alpha Sapphire~<3

I'm planning on using:

Swampert (Mega)
Manectric (if I bring Pokémon from my x version I'm gonna use my shiny Luxray<3)
Crobat
Delcatty
Flygon/Salamance
Ninetales

Might change later though.. but this is what I have in mind atm ^^

Shalal

Water Lover
Likely I would go with...

Sceptile
Gallade
Magnezone
Rhyperior
Kingdra
Swellow

May as well take advantage of cross-generation evolutions now, right?

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
I want to go with
swampert(mega)
gallade
swellow
metagross(event one)
flygon
groudon

But then I will have 3 ground.

Attachments

• trainercard-Bram (1).png
    trainercard-Bram (1).png
    26.6 KB · Views: 4

Mitja

veteran smartass
My plan is now perfected.
xLyxRwd.png
I will use 2 teams. Switching them out as I play through the game (otherwise they're overleveled anyway).
I've already bred them all and have them as eggs (so they get the new trainer ID lol) ready in my PCbox (except the 2 shinies which are hatched obviously) with fitting natures, abilities any useful egg moves...and yes, all in visually fitting pokeballs xD (except Magnezone as its genderless so I couldn't breed a Timerball on it or something S:)
wqHjJRd.jpg
I intentionally tried going for pokemon I have always liked but never used in a playthrough (except Gallade(jsut personal favourite)/Salamence(it rounds off the otehrwise very slow team well in every possible way)/Shiftry(I've used it in gen 3, but it didn't have many tools to play with back then...)). I also limited myself to Hoenndex.
And I won't pick any of them out of my PC until I catch a wild pokemon of their species.

I have redistribtued those 12 pokemon between the upper and lower row so many times, trying to find the perfect balance, between:
-blocking each others weaknesses (fairy is the biggest threat to both, with 3 weaknesses each, but its prepared for them)
-offensive type coverage
-no type twice
-no too similar concepts (tried keeping Crawdaunt and Armaldo in different teams for example)
-keeping a nice mix of special/physical oriented stats on both
-etc

I've never spent this much time to prepare for a playthrough before LOL
It was much work and I'm proud of the result already XD

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Man, I don't know what's going to be my team anymore...
They keep announcing new Megas, I'm not sure if I'll actually get both OR and AS, and seeing that these can be used to start again with Hoenn Pokémon, I've developed a wish to re-use my Emerald team, and in fact ditch the old ones from the now outdated game...
Problem is, even if I get both OR and AS, they're only 2 games, and although I'd like to re-use my old team, I also want to use two new teams, one for each game.
It's mainly because I'd like to catch a proper Rayquaza this time, since my old one from Emerald, is modified (meaning I hacked it) because I was pissed with my bad luck of getting a bad nature one in Emerald. And so, I've always felt it wasn't really legit, and I've lived with that "guilt" until now... Also, Blaziken and Rayquaza have the Legend Ribbon from battling Red in SS, and I won't be able to give them the ribbon again in the near future, I suppose.
I thought of buying Omega Ruby, and use it as my main game, then buy Alpha Sapphire and start a game with my old team, transfer them and restart to use the planed team I had for Alpha Sapphire... but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a "real" Rayquaza (as well as the other pokémon from the team) as the ID would be different from both my OR and AS teams, as if they never actually existed...
I only restarted two games, SS twice to get Chikorita and Cyndaquil, then played for real with Totodile. Also, X once, to transfer a Froakie to Y and then restarted it to use Fennekin for the actual run... It was mainly to get the starters and I try to avoid that as much as possible because of what I said above... They don't feel as real as the ones in my definitive files...
This may all sound really picky and absurd, but I'm just like that...

Still, what I'm sure I'm going to use is Sceptile, Swampert (if I also buy AS), Gallade and Salamence... Those are guaranteed...